Anyone recasting 1/72 GBP, VF-2SS,.....?

Dax415

How's it going everyone. I was just wondering if anyone was recasting any one of the following:

Arii 1/72 GBP, 1/72 VF-2SS, 1/100 Yellow Sub GBP, 1/72 Wave VF-17, and any kits that allow perfect variable transformation for Hasegawa. Can't afford the real stuff, but am on the look out for the stuff above. Thanks!

Short answer: no. Except the YS 1/100 GBP, Hobbyfan has a recast listed on thier site.

Injection plastic kits are generally impractical to recast. The thin parts don't suit resin well, and the costs involved would make the recasts more expensive than the original kit.

And I have yet to see recasts of any transformable Macross kits. There's just too many small parts. The recasts would cost as much as the originals.

Don't forget about the Musasiya 1/72 VF-2SS resin kit! It isn't available now, but last year I bought a re-cast of the kit (fighter mode only..but with or without armor) from Hobbyfan at a really good price. I know a couple of other places also offered re-casts of this kit. Just not sure where to send you. It is a very nice kit...not transformable but still very nice. I'd love to get my hands on another one! :)

Melissa

Edit to add: I don't expect we are likely to see a re-cast of the kit that allows you to build a perfect transformation Hasegawa VF-1. The main reason being the HUGE number of parts in the kit. Of course, I wouldn't mind being wrong about that! :ph34r:

Edited by trueblueeyes

Can't afford the real stuff, but am on the look out for the stuff above. Thanks!

the recasts of those kits would cost you even more than the originals...may be more than twice as much.

Besides the wave VF-17 popping every once in a while on e-bay, everything else is pretty much out of production and therefore in high demand.

Better save some greens and spend it on any of them if you ever see one.

Wow, thanks for the info about the kits. Especially the heads up about hobbyfan's recast! I was wondering about the GBP, what about just the armor pieces for recasting and not the rest of it for modification onto a 1/72 hase. Would it still be too expensive to reproduce?

Oh, did anyone know a going price on the 1/72 Wave kits so I don't get ripped off? Thanks again :D

Edited by Dax415

Also..the Yellow Sub kit has a TON of parts...would be a big recast project....very expensive...your better off diligently watching Ebay....

I know a few people have thought about the 1/72 VF2SS....which is a nice kit.

The Wave kits...well normally Ive seen them in the $29-$55 range...though I imagine there are rarer exceptions I dont know about.

I love my recast of the VF-2SS in 1/72 scale and would highly recommend it. Although, the canopy that comes with it is really thick, and is foggy - not totally transparent and the fast-packs are meant to be built with it on or off, it would take a bit of modification to get them to be removeable. Overall, the lines are excellent, and follow the line-art quite accurately - although serious structural pinning is required as some of the attachment points are quite small and delicate.

I love my recast of the VF-2SS in 1/72 scale and would highly recommend it. Although, the canopy that comes with it is really thick, and is foggy - not totally transparent and the fast-packs are meant to be built with it on or off, it would take a bit of modification to get them to be removeable. Overall, the lines are excellent, and follow the line-art quite accurately - although serious structural pinning is required as some of the attachment points are quite small and delicate.

Its interesting...the original canopy is thermaform or vacumformed....and quite clear...(or at least mine is) but my e2046 recast has the foggy cast canopy...odd...I wonder why they molded it that way...