ChristopherB

Macross 1/72 Scale Complete List

Posted (edited)
On 9/19/2004 at 8:08 PM, ChristopherB said:

Hasegawa 1/72 VF-1(A/S) Super/Strike Fighter Valkyrie Version 1

(snip)

Hasegawa 1/72 VF-1(A/J/S) Battroid Valkyrie Upgrade Parts

Christopher, thanks for compiling all this information. I know that it's been many years since you originally posted this and that new products may have appeared since then, but it's still amazing to see all the models that I wasn't aware of that had been produced.

One recommended correction in the quote above: as far as I know (from the kits I have), the original Hasegawa VF-1 Valkyrie fighter kit listed above only includes the parts to build a VF-1S Strike Valkyrie and is labeled as such. See the kit description on the MW page below and the image of the box cover:

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/models/hasegawa/hase_65705_vf1s_strike.htm

In reference to the second item, I've never come across this upgrade kit for the Hasegawa VF-1 Battoid. Can you describe what the kit includes? Does it have the improved Super Battroid joints to replace the ones in the basic Battroid kit?

Thanks!

Edited by VF-1A Grunt

Posted (edited)

First update added, more to come soon!  Additions will be in red until the list is completed or perhaps indefinitely. ;)

Captain America, added your kits at the top.  They deserve to be there since you've been a member here for so long and did some amazing work.  Please let me know if I missed any. :wub:

I'll have to update myself about the RTKF re-releases, will send you a message.

VF-1A Grunt, thanks for posting and I hope you're doing well.  I agree with you about the box saying "Strike", but page 2 of the instructions shows "Y x 2" and the FAST Pack Parts picture in that link shows (2) sets of HMMP-02 micro-missile launcher pod on the sprues.  However, the model comment section says only (1) set is included.  All of mine are built, so I don't have a new one in the box to check at this time.

Regardless, I'm going to make the edit.  It would be almost impossible to check/research the contents of each kit to see what variations could be made.  I'll be consistent where possible and use the name on the box.

There is some faint bell going off when I think about the battroid valkyrie upgrade parts, I distinctly recall wondering about it previously.  Yes, it seems like there was some small kit that had improved parts as you mentioned.  I'm going to try and find confirmation again exactly what it was, and if not remove it. B))

Edit: Could these upgrade parts have been a photo-etched set specifically made for use on the battroid kits like they had for the fighter versions?

PS: Credit to Viceland for his assistance with the update. :lol:

Edited by ChristopherB
New idea

On 08/08/2017 at 0:44 PM, ChristopherB said:

VF-1A Grunt, thanks for posting and I hope you're doing well.  I agree with you about the box saying "Strike", but page 2 of the instructions shows "Y x 2" and the FAST Pack Parts picture in that link shows (2) sets of HMMP-02 micro-missile launcher pod on the sprues.  However, the model comment section says only (1) set is included.  All of mine are built, so I don't have a new one in the box to check at this time.

Regardless, I'm going to make the edit.  It would be almost impossible to check/research the contents of each kit to see what variations could be made.  I'll be consistent where possible and use the name on the box.

I'm pretty sure the first Hasegawa Strike kit did indeed include 2 sets of the micro-missile launcher pod.

You could try searching www.1999.co.jp for the kits. They usually include pictures and scans of all of the kits they sell and have sold in their listings, including all parts and instruction sheets.

fantastic list - thankya!

Club-M 1/72 Queadluun-Rau

So wish someone else would do this subject in 1/72 again....

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 8/8/2017 at 4:44 AM, ChristopherB said:

You and Salamander are completely correct - my apologies! I dug out my unbuilt kit (which I should have done in the first place - it was just buried in the stash), and it does include the parts for two sets of launchers.  That makes sense because there are two sprues needed, which each have the parts for one complete FAST pack.  The Strike parts are a separate sprue.  It also makes sense because they would want to give modelers the option of doing the TV version of the Super VF-1S.

However, I would recommend still using the correct name from the kit, maybe with a caveat about the Super / Strike parts.  I think the important distinction is that the later VF-1 Super / Strike kit contains all both the A and S heads, but it doesn't appear to have the J head parts. I noticed while looking through these kits that the original VF-1A Super kit includes both the A and J heads (despite being labeled as a VF-1A), but it only has the DYRL decals, so you'd have to come up with your own decals or paint the markings if you wanted to do a Max / Millia Super VF-1J from SDFM.

EDIT: Whoops, I see you already noted the A/J parts in the original VF-1A Super kit, Christopher.  It's interesting how Hasegawa left the "J" out of the kit name.  It almost seems like they didn't want to acknowledge the SDFM TV series paint schemes in their model line, with the exception of the VF-1D and the Gerwalk, and the special Max / Millia kits.

Edited by VF-1A Grunt