Macross 1/72 Scale Complete List

ChristopherB

I saw this list on Tanmens site, lists a couple things I havent seen before. But it mentions "if demand warrants" in the middle. This was in the "event limited" section.

1/72 Macross Series

1/72 VF-4 (Remade version) (SDF マクロス flashback 2012)

1/72 VF-3000 (advanced Valkyrie)

1/72 V-BR-2

1/72 VF-9 (SDF マクロス M3)

If demand warrants

1/72 cat's eye (SDF マクロス)

1/72 fan racer (SDF マクロス)

1/72 fan liner (SDF マクロス)

1/72 dragon II (SDF マクロス)

Edited by Bariaburu Faita

• 3 months later...

I am purposley reviving this thread. Just wanted everyone to know I have started working on redoing the models section in MW. It's still in the works, but Ill be looking for people who have some of the rarer kits who would be interested in helping us post content. For each kit I'd like to post:

1 Cover art (high res)

2 Instructions (complete)

3 Decals (high res)

4 Kit (pieces)

5 Completed kit photos (by MW members and particuarly well done ones from magazines (if we can...not sure on this...copyright and all))

6 Feedback/Reviews (looking for more of the Amazon 1 Paragraph here)

So...

A) how does this sound?

B) I'm going to need help. Starting with the 1/72 scale lists I need a lot. If you have any of the items below and would be willing to scan the above items, or you have finished one and would be willing to share pictures please drop me a PM and Ill start a running list of what we need/have. I'm hoping to finish a couple sections a week. THANKS ALL!

I need: (may need more, but off the top of my head I don't have)

3 Bad Men in a Hidden Fortress 1/72 VF-1A/J Battroid Valkyrie

3 Bad Men in a Hidden Fortress 1/72 VF-1S Battroid Valkyrie

Corydoras Works 1/72 Resin Super/Strike Armor for Imai/Bandai VF-1 variable Valkyrie

Dolly 1/72 Resin Super/Strike Armor for Imai/Bandai VF-1 variable Valkyrie

EBO 1/72 Ghost X-9 (need box art, I have the kit)

EBO 1/72 Ghost X-9 with FAST Packs

Giga 1/72 YF-19 Sound Booster Unit for use with the Hasegawa YF-19

Hasegawa 1/72 VF-1A "Low Visibility" Fighter Valkyrie

Hasegawa 1/72 VF-1A "Clear Red" Fighter Valkyrie

Hasegawa 1/72 VF-1A "Clear Red Event Only" Fighter Valkyrie

Hasegawa 1/72 VF-1J "Clear Blue" Fighter Valkyrie

Hasegawa 1/72 VF-1J "Clear Blue Event Only" Fighter Valkyrie

Hasegawa 1/72 VF-1S "Clear Green" Fighter Valkyrie

Hasegawa 1/72 VF-1S "Clear Green Event Only" Fighter Valkyrie

Hasegawa 1/72 VF-1S "Metal Plated" Fighter Valkyrie, Limited Edition

Hasegawa 1/72 VF-1(A/J/S) "Clear/Clear Event Only" Fighter Valkyrie

Hasegawa 1/72 VF-1(A/S) "Metal Plated" Strike Fighter Valkyrie

Hasegawa 1/72 Mig-29 Fighter

Hasegawa 1/72 VF-1 Valkyrie Photo-Etched Detail Set

Hasegawa 1/72 Macross Option Decal #01 "Macross Plus Designs"

Hasegawa 1/72 Macross Option Decal #02 "Character Model Designs"

Hasegawa 1/72 Macross Option Decal #03 "Minmay Guard Version 1"

Hasegawa 1/72 Macross Option Decal #04 "Minmay Guard Version 2"

Hasegawa 1/72 VF-1(A/J/S) Battroid Valkyrie Upgrade Parts

Gokigen-Seimitsu 1/72 Hasegawa Related Upgrades/Conversions (VF-19F Conversion Wings)/Accessories/etc.

Hobby Base/Retpuu 1/72 VF-11B "Thunderbolt" Battroid Valkyrie

IHP 1/72 "Transformable Hasegawa VF-1" Conversion Kit

IHP 1/72 VF-4G "Lightning III" Variable Valkyrie

Kaiyodo 1/72 VF-1S Battroid Valkyrie

Kantogakuindaigaku-Mokeidourakukai 1/72 YF-19 Battroid Valkyrie

Karakorum Creations 1/72 Resin Super/Strike Armor for Imai/Bandai VF-1 variable Valkyrie

Karakorum Creations 1/72 Zentradi Fighter Pod

L-Trans-R 1/72 YF-19 Variable Valkyrie

Musasiya 1/72 VF-4 "Lightning III" Fighter Valkyrie (need box art)

Patemori Soba 1/72 Destroid Defender

Patemori Soba 1/72 Destroid Tomahawk

Patemori Soba 1/72 Destroid Spartan

Patemori Soba 1/72 Destroid Monster

Platz Photoetched parts for 1/72 Hasegawa VF-0

Platz Photoetched parts for 1/72 Hasegawa SV-51

Super Robot Wars 1/72 VF-1A/J Version A (kneeling)

Super Robot Wars 1/72 VF-1S/J Version B (standing)

UN-Balance 1/72 Fold Booster for use with Hasegawa YF-19

Wave 1/72 VF-19 Fire Battroid Valkyrie

Wave 1/72 VF-19 Fire Battroid Valkyrie Reissue

Wave 1/72 VF-19 Blazer Battroid Valkyrie

Wave 1/72 VF-19 "Sound Force" Battroid Valkyrie

Wave 1/72 VF-17 Stealth Battroid Valkyrie

Wave 1/72 VF-17 Stealth Battroid Valkyrie Reissue

Wave 1/72 VF-22-S Battroid Valkyrie

So...if you can help reply back to this thread and Ill start updating this thread and email off instructions. Please don't post all the pictures here, Ill have you email them.

THanks again! By the time we are done I intend to have EVERY model in existance! MUHAHAHAHHAHA

Glad to hear it, Jesse! I've been wanting to see MW's model section become a definitive referance for Macross models for quite a while now, so I'm very glad to hear that progress shall be made!

As for pics... I've been collecting model pics from Yahoo Japan Auctions for a couple years now, so I have a pretty good stash of pics for you. Bug me about it sometime and I'll send you the entire directory.

And lastly.... Platz made photoetch for the VF-0 and SV-51? :blink:

That's news to me... and I couldn't find them on HLJ...

Hey Jesse,

I'd be happy to contribute any of my built pictures to this very worthwhile endeavour - just let me know what you need from me. Unfortunately I don't have much in the way of rare kits, but I do have the Hasegawa photo etched part on your list and I'd be happy to help.

Hey! whats this about Platz doing a PE part for VF-0 & SV-51??

Valkyrie - Excellent. I did a bit of the same. I am a bit nervous about whether we can post pictures of other peoples kits without their permission. If we can access sales information (public) that would be better, otherwise Ill run that question by Graham and Shawn. I guess, my opinion is as long as it's generic enough to not clearly be anyone persons kit we can probably use them. Ill be in touch.

WMCheng. Thank you for responding. I was hoping you would allow us to use your work. I really love the idea of being able to look at a kit I want, and then glance through notes from people who have it, building tips, etc and finally see what other people have done with it. It's also everyones chance to be "famous" Be the first one to build one of these rare kits and get your finished model at the top of the completed model section. :)

I'd also like to do a kit comparison section. Personally, (as an example) I bought:

Wave 1/100 VF11 Battroid

Reppu 1/72 VF11C Battroid

Reppu 1/72 VF11 Fighter

Club M 1/72 VF11 Fighter

Honestly, I think I would have been happy with 1 "perfect" kit, but I couldn't tell the differences. These kits are so expensive it would be nice to show how they differ from each other and help perspective buyers figure out which version they prefer (ie.."I want the larger one, or I want the one with more panel lines, or I want the one that looks more cartoonish...etc" )

Hello,

I removed the Platz PE parts from the list. Did some research and contacted the MW member who mentioned them and verified that they were never released.

Great project Jesse. I'll help as soon as I'm able to.

Sincerely,

Christopher B))

For each kit I'd like to post:

Hey Jesse, could you include links to "Step By Steps" build-ups for each kit?, when one is available, like these for example...

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=6999

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=7127

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=1296

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=12460

And OF COURSE, these, from the MASTER...

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=691

But the old links MUST (for posterity) be salvaged from the old boards first.

Great idea BTW, sounds like a lot of work though, but well worth it and appreciated by all i'm sure... :)

Edited by Viceland

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I went through and updated the colors, not sure if anyone else noticed but the red/blue I used previously seem to have changed for the worse.  It was hurting my eyes looking through the list, although my eyes have aged a bit as well.  I used to be 20/10 and now I'm only 20/20.  haha  I'll be making updates, and working on lists for the other scales as well.  Please message me if you have any information, questions or feedback.

Thank you,

Christopher B))

On 9/19/2004 at 8:08 PM, ChristopherB said:

Hasegawa 1/72 VF-1(A/S) Super/Strike Fighter Valkyrie Version 1

(snip)

Hasegawa 1/72 VF-1(A/J/S) Battroid Valkyrie Upgrade Parts

Christopher, thanks for compiling all this information. I know that it's been many years since you originally posted this and that new products may have appeared since then, but it's still amazing to see all the models that I wasn't aware of that had been produced.

One recommended correction in the quote above: as far as I know (from the kits I have), the original Hasegawa VF-1 Valkyrie fighter kit listed above only includes the parts to build a VF-1S Strike Valkyrie and is labeled as such. See the kit description on the MW page below and the image of the box cover:

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/models/hasegawa/hase_65705_vf1s_strike.htm

In reference to the second item, I've never come across this upgrade kit for the Hasegawa VF-1 Battoid. Can you describe what the kit includes? Does it have the improved Super Battroid joints to replace the ones in the basic Battroid kit?

Thanks!

Edited by VF-1A Grunt

First update added, more to come soon!  Additions will be in red until the list is completed or perhaps indefinitely. ;)

Captain America, added your kits at the top.  They deserve to be there since you've been a member here for so long and did some amazing work.  Please let me know if I missed any. :wub:

I'll have to update myself about the RTKF re-releases, will send you a message.

VF-1A Grunt, thanks for posting and I hope you're doing well.  I agree with you about the box saying "Strike", but page 2 of the instructions shows "Y x 2" and the FAST Pack Parts picture in that link shows (2) sets of HMMP-02 micro-missile launcher pod on the sprues.  However, the model comment section says only (1) set is included.  All of mine are built, so I don't have a new one in the box to check at this time.

Regardless, I'm going to make the edit.  It would be almost impossible to check/research the contents of each kit to see what variations could be made.  I'll be consistent where possible and use the name on the box.

There is some faint bell going off when I think about the battroid valkyrie upgrade parts, I distinctly recall wondering about it previously.  Yes, it seems like there was some small kit that had improved parts as you mentioned.  I'm going to try and find confirmation again exactly what it was, and if not remove it. B))

Edit: Could these upgrade parts have been a photo-etched set specifically made for use on the battroid kits like they had for the fighter versions?

PS: Credit to Viceland for his assistance with the update. :lol:

Edited by ChristopherB
New idea

On 08/08/2017 at 0:44 PM, ChristopherB said:

VF-1A Grunt, thanks for posting and I hope you're doing well.  I agree with you about the box saying "Strike", but page 2 of the instructions shows "Y x 2" and the FAST Pack Parts picture in that link shows (2) sets of HMMP-02 micro-missile launcher pod on the sprues.  However, the model comment section says only (1) set is included.  All of mine are built, so I don't have a new one in the box to check at this time.

Regardless, I'm going to make the edit.  It would be almost impossible to check/research the contents of each kit to see what variations could be made.  I'll be consistent where possible and use the name on the box.

I'm pretty sure the first Hasegawa Strike kit did indeed include 2 sets of the micro-missile launcher pod.

You could try searching www.1999.co.jp for the kits. They usually include pictures and scans of all of the kits they sell and have sold in their listings, including all parts and instruction sheets.

On 8/8/2017 at 4:44 AM, ChristopherB said:

You and Salamander are completely correct - my apologies! I dug out my unbuilt kit (which I should have done in the first place - it was just buried in the stash), and it does include the parts for two sets of launchers.  That makes sense because there are two sprues needed, which each have the parts for one complete FAST pack.  The Strike parts are a separate sprue.  It also makes sense because they would want to give modelers the option of doing the TV version of the Super VF-1S.

However, I would recommend still using the correct name from the kit, maybe with a caveat about the Super / Strike parts.  I think the important distinction is that the later VF-1 Super / Strike kit contains all both the A and S heads, but it doesn't appear to have the J head parts. I noticed while looking through these kits that the original VF-1A Super kit includes both the A and J heads (despite being labeled as a VF-1A), but it only has the DYRL decals, so you'd have to come up with your own decals or paint the markings if you wanted to do a Max / Millia Super VF-1J from SDFM.

EDIT: Whoops, I see you already noted the A/J parts in the original VF-1A Super kit, Christopher.  It's interesting how Hasegawa left the "J" out of the kit name.  It almost seems like they didn't want to acknowledge the SDFM TV series paint schemes in their model line, with the exception of the VF-1D and the Gerwalk, and the special Max / Millia kits.

Edited by VF-1A Grunt

Hasegawa 1/72 VF-1(A/J/S) Battroid Valkyrie Upgrade Parts [Pending Verification]

Well, it's only been 10 years, but it looks like we finally have verification of this kits existence.  I was recently contacted by a MW member who had a question after winning it in an auction.  I'm seeing a lot of polycaps, what look to be arm joints, backpack pieces so this definitely seems to be for a battroid Hasegawa.  Perhaps the original battroid kit was in need of upgrades for some reason to prompt the release of this item.

Please take a look and let me know what you think:  :hi:

Hasegawa 1-72 VF-1(AJS) Battroid Valkyrie Upgrade Parts (1).jpg