Macross 1/72 Scale Complete List

ChristopherB

but each version is collectible due to significant variations between them, such as different boxes, decals, improvements and etc.

Oh, my mistake. I thought this list of models was for modelers, not collectors. Once the model is assembled there's no way of telling if it came in an Imai box or a Bandai box.

I just think that Imai tooled the kit and made the decals, so even if Bandai molds and ships it, it's an Imai kit. Bandai deserves credit for making it available every five years or so, but it's not a kit they created.

(And "you're" is "you are". "your" is the posessive second-person pronoun.)

Oh, my mistake. I thought this list of models was for modelers, not collectors.

tetsujin,

Let's not get into semantics. You made a mistake as you admitted, and we're all human and prone to making assumptions. According to popular wisdom, only asses assume.

The list was created for anyone who wishes to use it. It is my gift, small as it may be, to my fellow fans. How you use it, and the manner in which you perceive it is for you to choose. It is merely a tool, nothing more. Perhaps you should try to and appreciate the effort put into it, rather than question who it was created for. Honestly, it doesn't matter. A modeler can be a collector, and vice versa, because the two pursuits are not disingeneous to one another.

I already explained in detail why the kits were listed under both Bandai and Imai, and I value your input, although restating it will not inherently increase it's merits. The simple solution is to only utilize the portion of the list you want to, nothing more, nothing less.

I appreciate the English lesson; however, I am thoroughly familiar with grammar, and like everyone else I am prone to getting into a hurry. I am not so petty as to resort to perusing your posts or the posts of others just to correct insignificant and unintentional errors. That is very childish. ;)

Best wishes,

Christopher B))

Regarding the

Hasegawa Related Upgrades/Conversions/Accessories (Creator Unknown):

1/72 YF-21 Gerwalk Conversion Kit

1/72 VF-19F Conversion Wings

1/72 YF -19 Fold Booster

1/72 Head lasers, micro missile launcher, etc.

1/72 DYRL Launch Arm

The gerwalk conversion kit, VF-19F conversion wings, head lasers, micromissile launcers were all made by Gokigen-Seimitsu

And you should know who made the Fold Booster for the YF-19.

Hello,

My thanks to:

Ken (Valkyrie): PM pending

Chad (Grayson72): PM pending

Noel (Blackaces): PM pending

Jesse (Myersjessee):

Pat S

Carl: I love the D-Stance YF-21

Bariaburu Faita: Prompt replies appreciated!

If you have information or a link to the following kits, please post or PM me:

Creator?: 1/72 YF-19 Battroid Valkyrie (Chad owns.)

Creator?: 1/72 Destroid Phalanx (Jesse owns.)

Creator?: 1/72 Destroid Tomahawk

Creator?: 1/72 Destroid Monster (Mslz22 owns.)

I've updated the list based upon the PM's and replies received so far.

Sincerely,

Christopher B))

Edited by ChristopherB

Hello,

My thanks to:

Ken (Valkyrie): PM pending

Chad (Grayson72): PM pending

Noel (Blackaces): PM pending

Jesse (Myersjessee): PM pending

Pat S

Carl: I love the D-Stance YF-21

Bariaburu Faita: Prompt replies appreciated!

If you have information or a link to the following kits, please post or PM me:

Creator?: 1/72 YF-19 Battroid Valkyrie (Chad owns.)

Creator?: 1/72 Destroid Phalanx (Jesse owns.)

Creator?: 1/72 Destroid Tomahawk

Creator?: 1/72 Destroid Monster (Mslz22 owns.)

Creator?: 1/72 DYRL Launch Arm (Jesse owns.)

Link/Picture?: Hobby Base/Retpuu 1/72 VF-11B "Thunderbolt" Fighter Valkyrie

Link/Picture?: Hobby Base/Retpuu 1/72 VF-11B "Thunderbolt" Battroid Valkyrie

Link/Picture?: Hobby Base/Retpuu 1/72 VF-11C "Thunderbolt" Battroid Valkyrie

Link/Picture?: Switchblade 1/72 YF-19 Variable Valkyrie (link/picture)

I've updated the list based upon the PM's and replies received so far.

Sincerely,

Christopher B))

You might PM Valkyrie about the Reppu 11C Battroid.

As for the Phalanx I can't find any english on the kit. The launch arm is M.F.T. which is short for My Favorite Things. mftban.gif

I know the Phalanx and Tomahawk were made by the same people. I own the Phalanx kit, I can post scans of the box top and instructions if you like.

You know what would be really great is if Shawn and/or Graham would let someone update the model section. We could even link to examples of built models from each model in the list.

If not Christopher you should create a Macross Model site devoted to 1/72 Macross models, I could help with all the pics I just don't have any web dev skills whatsoever.

Then at least maybe we could have Macrossworld link to the site from the models section.

Edited by Grayson72

Just wanted to publicly reply to a PM from Christopher to get the info out there. I hope that's ok Christopher.

Hello Carl,

I hope you are doing well my friend.

Thank you for the information you provided in your PM and the thread.

You are welcome and I'm fine. Just busy. Working again this weekend when I didn't think I would be. But I think I can take the time to get some of this out there.

I'm still trying to get information on these kits:

Creator?: 1/72 Destroid Phalanx (Wonderfest)

Creator?: 1/72 Destroid Tomahawk (Wonderfest)

Creator?: 1/72 Destroid Monster (Wonderfest)

Creator?: 1/72 DYRL Launch Arm (Wonderfest)

I believe Noel might be a good person to ask about these. I'm a bigger fan of the variable subjects myself so I'm pretty sure I don't have any of these. However I seem to recall Noel selling the Launch Arm kit while I was unemployed and of the above it's probably the one I'd want the most but I couldn't go after it then.

Link/Picture?: Hobby Base/Retpuu 1/72 VF-11B "Thunderbolt" Fighter Valkyrie

Link/Picture?: Hobby Base/Retpuu 1/72 VF-11B "Thunderbolt" Battroid Valkyrie

Link/Picture?: Hobby Base/Retpuu 1/72 VF-11C "Thunderbolt" Battroid Valkyrie

I believe I have a Hobby Base/Retpuu VF-11 battroid kit and a VF-11 Fighter kit. Most of my kits are still boxed up but I'll see if I can find these the first free moment I get. I do believe they are 1/72 scale but I don't recall two different VF-11 Battroid kits. What's the difference between the B and C version again?

There are the Maxl versions but they are 1/100 scale:

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/models...base/rp_63b.jpg

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/models...base/rp_64b.jpg

Link/Picture?: Switchblade 1/72 YF-19 Variable Valkyrie (link/picture)

The only Switchblade YF-19 Variable kit I think I'm aware of is this one:

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/models/wf/yf-19pg.jpg

And its rather highly stylized. So I'd have a hard time considering it an acurate scale kit of the YF-19. I don't have one but I have known a few that do though I suspect I've lost their contact info. Where are you getting the info on a 1/72 scale kit from them? I can't rule out that there isn't one.

In your section of MW, you mention the following:

"1. 1:72 Karakorum Macross Robotech DYRL 1/72 Variable Valkyrie [a group Super or Heavy Weapon Type Resin Conversion Kit in the For use with Imai or Bandai 1/72 Variable U.S.A. ] Valkyrie model kits

2. 1:72 Dolly's- Virtually the same kit as above independently Doll(s) created by a group in Japan"

I have the Karakorum kit, but can you confirm that the second kit is called either "Dolly's" or perhaps "Doll"? Apparently, Chad has a similar kit put out by, CoryDora. So that makes (3) versions of the same thing apparently?

I've still got both but I'm sure they are still boxed up at the moment and being rather small packages it may take me a while to find them. The second kit I got off Yahoo Japan quite some time ago and I believe someone translated the makers name for me as Dolly's. That about all I can say at the moment.

On a related note... (or atleast I think its related) wasn't it the Karakorum group that made this kit:

Resin Weapons Set for 1/15 Ride Armors

At one point in time I was in touch with that group/person but again I lost their contact info when I lost access to my old email address cnh@ti.com. Gundamhead, if that's you PM me sometime.

If I remember correctly, a 1/72 VF-1 Armored Gerwalk kit was also released, in addition to the 1/100 one you have, but I could be wrong.

Take it easy, and best wishes to you and your family,

Christopher

Thanks and yes there is a 1/72 VF-1 Armored Gerwalk in existance. However I don't believe it was ever released in any form. All the info I have on it you can find in this issue of B-Club:

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/magazines/bclub38c.jpg

Here:

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/magazines/bclub382.jpg

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/magazines/bclub381.jpg

Enjoy,

Carl

That armored gerwalk is sweet, the last link Carl put says it's a semi-custom so it doesn't sound like a production kit and therefore I wouldn't put it on your list. Just like all the GPB customs, the 1/72 VA-3, the Thunder Hammer, etc. All custom builds and not ever offered for sale as a production run.

Doesn't appear the ever was a 1/72 Switchbalde 19 either.

Edited by Grayson72

Have you got the first kit seen here:

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/models/wf/wf.htm

on your list?

Shawn has it listed as 1/72 though I'm not sure that's what the maker claims. There are 2 versions of this kit and I'm not sure who the maker is as I don't have either one. Again they are very highly stylized and I'd probably be inclined to call them non-scale.

Enjoy,

Carl

Here is the Karakorum kit. The Dolly's kit came to me in just a zip lock bag... no box. I probably stuck it in the box of a larger kit to protect it and if so it will take me a while to find. I saved the picture from the original Yahoo Japan auction on my PC at TI but sadly that does me no good now.

And here is the L-Trans-R variable 1/72 YF-19 that I'm surprised not to see on your list. It would go GREAT with that D'Stance kit if I'm ever able to get my hands on one of those.

Enjoy,

Carl

post-3-1096146093_thumb.png

Retppu's Macross Plus VF-11 kits that Carl has don't say VF-11B, but that's what they are. I have the Macross 7 VF-11C version of the battroid kit, and that version does use the variant letter in its name.

About the only differences in the two kits are the different gunpods, and slightly different booster packs.

Both of the battroids are excelent kits. But from what I can tell, Club-M made a better fighter mode version.

Also, I couldn't find anything more on the Switchblade kit, but I did grab these offa yahoo japan a couple years ago... A different 1/72 YF-19 variable kit... with FAST Packs! I never did find out who made it though....

Edit: D'oh! I completely missed Carl's post of the same kit :unsure:

post-3-1096147101_thumb.jpg

Edited by Valkyrie

Retppu's Macross Plus VF-11 kits that Carl has don't say VF-11B, but that's what they are.  I have the Macross 7 VF-11C version of the battroid kit, and that version does use the variant letter in its name.

About the only differences in the two kits are the different gunpods, and slightly different booster packs.

Both of the battroids are excelent kits.  But from what I can tell, Club-M made a better fighter mode version.

Kewl... so there IS another Retppu VF-11 battroid. I don't believe I ever knew that. If I've seen it before I guess I never looked close enough to tell it was a different kit. Could you post a picture please? You don't want to sell it do you? ;)

Also, I couldn't find anything more on the Switchblade kit,

So... you are the source of the 1/72 Switchblade kit info. So what information on it do you have? Anyone here have the 1:100 scale kit or know if they have a home page. I believe they did at one time but I've lost that link long ago.

but I did grab these offa yahoo japan a couple years ago... A different 1/72 YF-19 variable kit... with FAST Packs!  I never did find out who made it though....

L-Trans-R. I have every kit they've ever made. Atleast all that I know of. They had a 1:72 YF-21 in the works but the prototype was stolen and I haven't heard of them since. His other kits are in 1:144 scale. One of my favorites is this one:

1-144SpeBs.jpg

With what he called a "Movie Pack" as I recall. Notice the shoulder armor and the little wings on the back. He's also got two guns, one of which mounts to the wing in fighter mode. In the old forums there were some better pictures of this guy.

You can find some more pictures here:

http://web.archive.org/web/20000123005302/...ti/OFF_JAC.html

There are a couple magazines with nice pictures of his completed 1:72 YF-19 too but at the moment I don't see them in the magazine section here at Macross World.

Edit: D'oh!  I completely missed Carl's post of the same kit  :unsure:

No problem. I'd say you made a very good grab there. I've only seen this kit 2 or 3 times before.

Carl

Edited by wwwmwww

But it does provide one good hint; It's item code, MC-16.

A while back, I tried to put together a list of all the Wave Macross kits, and the 1/72 VF-22 filled in one of the last few holes in the item codes (which ended at MC-21). I ended up with two other holes, MC-14 and MC-19, but I believe one of them is the limited YF-21 with FAST Packs. I never could confirm the item code of that kit.

I have the limited YF-21 with Fast Packs kits. I'll try to remember to look up it's item code for you. I too once tried to get a complete list of all the wave kits and I remember coming across one item code I never could find out what it was either. I seem to recall starting a tread on that very topic back in the old forums. It seems like MC-14 was the one hole. However I probably just used HLJ to fill in the MC-16 hole myself. As its listed as a soft vinyl kit I've never really looked for it too hard.

On a similiar quest I've tried to get a complete list of all the TECT kits too. There I think I have one and I've actually got all the kits on the list too... except one. Look at this page.

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/ads/ads_models_tect2.htm

I believe it's kit #19, the 1/100 VF-19 sound booster that I'm missing. This ad lists it as coming so I'm not sure it was actually ever released however I have talked to people that say they have seen it. I however have never seen it with my own eyes so I'm trying to confirm it's existance (or nonexistance) too.

Enjoy,

Carl

On a similiar quest I've tried to get a complete list of all the TECT kits too.  There I think I have one and I've actually got all the kits on the list too... except one.  Look at this page.

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/ads/ads_models_tect2.htm

I believe it's kit #19, the 1/100 VF-19 sound booster that I'm missing.  This ad lists it as coming so I'm not sure it was actually ever released however I have talked to people that say they have seen it.  I however have never seen it with my own eyes so I'm trying to confirm it's existance (or nonexistance) too.

Enjoy,

Carl

I have pics of #11 and #14 in that series, which the MW page is currently missing. So I know those exist. But I haven't been able to confirm the existance of any kits above #18.

That ad is quite interesting... I've never seen it before. They got the pictures of the Sound Boosters all mixed up, but the numbers and the text are right.

But #19, the upcoming (at the time) 1/100 VF-19 Kai Sound Booster.... very interesting indeed! That would be for Bandai's 1/100 variable model. It would be cool if it exists... but I doubt it does :(

Here's a pic of the VF-11C version.

And I don't think I want to sell it.  I actually want to build it one of these days :)

Thanks... and boy is it easy to see why I've over looked this kit before now. I imagine every time I've seen it on Yahoo Japan I said to myself "That's one I already have... next". The box is nearly identical to mine and I'm not even sure I can tell what's different about the boosters aside from it looks like they took the boxart from the "B" kit and erased and redrew the boosters for the "C" kit. The line art looks slightly different.

May I ask how many times you've seen this kit? And keep your eyes open please. If you see another please tell me.

Thanks,

Carl

P.S. It really makes one think if there is a VF-11C fighter kit out there.

Edited by wwwmwww

Oh... and one other question. Who is Chad? And could he post a picture of his CoryDora kit? I assume your another collector. Please feel free to PM me and introduce yourself sometime.

Carl

Carl, Chad = Grayson72, I guess you forgot, you even sent me your resume one time. :lol:

Carl, Chad = Grayson72, I guess you forgot, you even sent me your resume one time. :lol:

Sorry about that. I was thinking it was likely that I should know. I'm better at remembering faces then I am names and here at Macross World it can be hard keeping things strait at times. For most people here I have a name, a forum name, and atleast one email address (sometimes several). Noel aka Blackaces is a prime example. I bet I have 4 or 5 email address for him. Never quite sure which to use half the time. LOL!!!

Anyways... what other rare kits do you have in your collection? So we don't get any more side tracked here feel free to PM or email me.

Your forgetful,

Carl

I have pics of #11 and #14 in that series, which the MW page is currently missing.  So I know those exist.  But I haven't been able to confirm the existance of any kits  above #18.

I have kits #1 through #18 plus atleast 5 other TECT kits that aren't part of that series that I can think of at the moment. Maybe more.

That ad is quite interesting... I've never seen it before.  They got the pictures of the Sound Boosters all mixed up, but the numbers and the text are right.

Yes, I've noticed that before. Check out the ad section here at Macross World sometime. Many of them have mistakes in them. For example... check out this one:

Ultimate Detail VF-1 1:72 Scale Normal Fighter

I have this kit... problem is... it's NOT 1:72 scale. Oh and check out the Macross Kite too..

But #19, the upcoming (at the time) 1/100 VF-19 Kai Sound Booster.... very interesting indeed!  That would be for Bandai's 1/100 variable model.  It would be cool if it exists... but I doubt it does :(

Yes, it would be for the Bandai model. My best lead so far was someone that told me ha came across a website that had a picture of the 1/100 Bandai kit with this Sound Booster on it. He said he was sure it wasn't the 1/144 scale kit but he couldn't find the web page again. So I just don't know. I certainly haven't ruled it out.

Carl

Edited by wwwmwww

Wow, all of the recent posts have been very helpful!

Carl,

It's cool that you replied publicly to my PM. I appreciate all of the information you provided.

Thank you also Ken.

All right, I updated the list for the DYRL Launch Arm.

So, it looks like the Switchblade kit is 1/100 scale, and the picture does not show it with fastpacks, so I removed it. I've added the L-Trans-R 1/72 YF-19 with FAST Packs that Ken and Carl posted the pictures of. Looks like a cool kit, and I can't believe I missed it.

I also need to add the Wonderfest Battroid kits that Carl pointed out, but I wonder what the difference is between them, and these kits that Carl owns?

Bad Men in a Hidden Fortress 1/72 VF-1A/J Battroid Valkyrie

Bad Men in a Hidden Fortress 1/72 VF-1S Battroid Valkyrie

Chad,

I have a friend that designs web sites for a living, and he offered to set one up for me. I'll start the ball rolling on it, and I appreciate your offer to help. I'm going to need all the assistance I can get. ;)

Yes, by all means please post scans of the Phalanx kit you own, and then maybe someone can translate for us.

By the way, I agree that the 1/72 AG, and other such one-of-a-kind kits should not be included. It's hard enough as it is to find the limited/rare kits as it is. :o

Later,

Christopher B))

Edited by ChristopherB
Poor grammar

That ad is quite interesting... I've never seen it before. They got the pictures of the Sound Boosters all mixed up, but the numbers and the text are right.

But #19, the upcoming (at the time) 1/100 VF-19 Kai Sound Booster.... very interesting indeed! That would be for Bandai's 1/100 variable model. It would be cool if it exists... but I doubt it does :(

Carl & Ken,

This kit does exist as I have one. ;) It is for the 1/100 Bandai Variable Fire Valkyrie. Comes with open shoulder speakers, photoetch parts, mini Basara pilot figure (and I'm sure that there are other items that I forgot). :p

I also need to add the Wonderfest Battroid kits that Carl pointed out, but I wonder what the difference is between them, and these kits that Carl owns?

Bad Men in a Hidden Fortress 1/72 VF-1A/J Battroid Valkyrie

Bad Men in a Hidden Fortress 1/72 VF-1S Battroid Valkyrie

They are certainly NOT the same kits. Oh and its "3 Bad Men in a Hidden Fortress" by the way. Years ago me a Shawn found their web page. They had some great pictures of their kits (all of which I'm sure I saved on my PC at TI) but now I've lost that link and the pictures. They had plans posted on their site to make Fighter kits as well but that never happened as far as I know. Their kits are very accurate and detailed, not stylized like the kits I pointed out yesterday.

Shawn may still have the link and I bet the pictures as well but I doubt he's got the time to find them at the moment. They may also be in the old forums some place as well.

Carl

This kit does exist as I have one. ;) It is for the 1/100 Bandai Variable Fire Valkyrie. Comes with open shoulder speakers, photoetch parts, mini Basara pilot figure (and I'm sure that there are other items that I forgot). :p

Must post a picture... PLEASE... I've never seen this kit and I was looking for it for quite some time. May I ask where you found it? I'm guessing Yahoo Japan. I'd ask if you'd sell it but I think I already know the answer. ;)

Carl

Here is some more info on the various kits from Wonderfest 2004 summer;

Patemori Soba 1/72 scale Destroid series;

Defender

Spartan

Tomahawk

Phalanx

Edit; Patemorisoba did a 1/72 Destroid Monster for the 2003 summer WF, was not at this years though

Platz etched parts for VF-0 and SV-51 (does not say scale or model, I assume 1/72 for hasegawa kits)

UN Balance 1/72 scale fold booster resin kit for Hasegawa YF-19

All of the above info was from the program guide. Tough time decipering handwritten photocopied scribbles:P

Edited by Bariaburu Faita