AnimeSkyScraper

Lu523

Does anyone know what the story is behind these?

I was talking to a friend who had downloaded them, and he complained that the video quality was very poor (like VHS copies almost)..... that the "intro" text for the show seemed to be very garbled English...... and that a lot of the song lyrics, radio chatter, etc. weren't translated at all.

Are these ripped from a bootleg source or something? I am guessing that might explain things. Just wondering if that is what these are..... since I would assume they would rip from R2 DVD sources and use the existing fansub scripts (like how AiA used the Central Anime scripts as a basis.... and the pysco-KORps scripts are still available).

-Elektrix

It seems that these are just rips from some sort of bootleg..... the video quality seems poor compared to the R2 DVD's, and the song lyrics aren't translated at all.

Aside from that, some of the dialogue seems akward, and there are odd misspellings like Megaroad translated as Megalord in the intro in the first episode.

-Elektrix

It seems that these are just rips from some sort of bootleg..... the video quality seems poor compared to the R2 DVD's, and the song lyrics aren't translated at all.

Aside from that, some of the dialogue seems akward, and there are odd misspellings like Megaroad translated as Megalord in the intro in the first episode.

-Elektrix

Furthermore, they're riddled with typos.

has anyone tried to play any of there other downloads? I'm trying to get the shin getter eps but I can't seem to find the right codec. Anyone have any advice? thanks!

I think they used XviD, but I'm not sure.

BTW, Shin Getter VS Neo Getter 1 jitters horribly.

Not that it's stopped me from starting a download of 2...

Yeah, they are rips of the bootleg sets (Double Zeta and Macross 7). I own both those sets in bootleg form (I pretty much only buy HK anime) and the remaster Double Zeta set that came out a few months back had some great subs, and the Macross 7 one's were awesome themselves. I'd download the episodes and confirm it, but they have teh episodes grouped into fives so the download would be pretty huge and take a long time :( If someone could take screen captures of some of the subtitles I can confirm if they are from the HK sets or not.

• 2 weeks later...

Mac 7 episode 3 subbed by AiA now released.

Go here.

Something's weird's going on. I'm stuck at 91%. Could everyone who downloaded it before me have gone offline already? This release is only a few days old.

Edited to add that the download is now finished and that I'm leaving the window open. Yay! B)

Edited by The Shade

Mac 7 episode 3 subbed by AiA now released.

Go here.

Something's weird's going on. I'm stuck at 91%. Could everyone who downloaded it before me have gone offline already? This release is only a few days old.

Edited to add that the download is now finished and that I'm leaving the window open. Yay! B)

I had some trouble as one stage too, still it was worth the wait

Hybridchild

• 1 year later...

Hello all, sorry to dust off an old thread, but I figured it's better then to start a new one.

Does anyone know what's going on and AnimeSkyScraper?

I try to start a torrent, and it can't find a tracker.

I try going to their site, and it can't connect.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

AnimeSkyScraper wnet down, for good apparently, about a month ago.

Yeap. If you want better sub/vid quality of Macross7, you can get it from ANimecentral. They are up to episode 44 now. Almost ending. ;)