VF-4 variants

hellohikaru

The only differences between all the models are internal. I think the A, B and C Models have different avionics while the G is practically the VF-1X of VF-4s (rebuilt with better engines and equipment). However like the VF-1X it still looks identical to it's predecessors.

I'm not aware of there being any A, B, or C variants, but if it's something that's come up somewhere in the past few months, then by all means show me.

There are however seperate variants for troops and commanders. The only difference being the heads. These can be seen in the Studio Half Eye perfect variable kit. The Commander model having a different visor, extra sensors, and a head laser.

The only physical differences I have seen is a comparison Valkyrie made a while ago on the VF-4 models. The front part of the fuselage (landing gear/cockpit/nosecone) on the 2012 version is different to the one of the VFX2 game version, as in the VE and VT against the VF's, as well as some differences on the rudder sizes and width on wings...

Of course it could have been just a model missinterpretation.

Milcomnet is a fan site that doesn't strive to produce accurate information, but rather a more comprehisive look at the Macross universe. I believe it even started out as a site to provide background infromation for RPG players. I mean they even have an entry for the VAG - 37 RAFAGA. Which came from where? Orguss, Gundam, Five Star Stories?

Got anything like a model kit, Hobby Japan article or something that might indicate there's an A, B, and C variant? Nied, you seemed to know what he was talking about. Is there a new source?

The commander version has no label in the SHE kit that had Kawamori overseeing the design.

EDIT: The commander version head is my Avatar. Same one I used back on the old boards.

Edited by Vinnie

The different versions from the VF-4 are almost equal externally. But he is natural that therefore is it that they are the same model.

Only the VF-X-4 and the final produccion model are something different.

Only the VF-X-4 and the final produccion model are something different.

not just something different, waaay different!

they lenghtened the fuselage by a meter or so, added the Canards, made the "wings" (the main section of the wings) longer, and added some more verniers to enhance it's manuverability. if u got a same scale pic of the VF-X-4 and the VF-4 next to each other, they look almost like two totally different valks!