The Official Aim for the Top! Gunbuster Thread

I agree with what Noriko said about the new series happening after the Core Galactic Fleet returns to Earth after 197 years and not after Noriko and Kazumi return to Earth 12,000 years later. That leaves plenty of space for whatever other adventures Gainax chooses to throw in between that time span, and still be able to revisit Noriko and Kazumi if they wanted to (not that it is likely).

Wouldn't that be pretty crappy though, for Noriko and Kazumi to return to Earth after all that time only to find out that the bugs still managed to be thorn in humanity's side, in the 12,000 years they had been gone, even after their great act of sacrifice?

By the way... if any of you Gunbuster fans happen to be able to translate japanese... I've got all of the Fim Comics and Comic Gunbuster books, and they have TONS of manga stories (many taking place after the episode 6), text stories, background information, and design works. And I'm dying to do 'scanlations' of them :D

If anyone can help me by doing translations, please PM me. You'll have the undying gratitude of countless Gunbuster fans :lol:

I don't know. Having the conflict continue after the initial sacrifice (and over 10,000 years passing is definately a huge sacrifice) just seems to cheapen it a little.

Yeah I agree with that Keith that was my initial reaction too...

Nuriko: Onee-sama we've finally come back 12, 000 years later... look they've lit up a sign for us... They're welcoming us back.

Kazumi: Lets go Nuriko...

Army Man: Welcome back to earth... everyone you knew is now dead... But guess what the Space monsters are still around... yeah we've had 5 sequal series, and still havn't gotten rid of them... but now is your chance, and it will only take up a couple more thousand years of your time...

Ehhhh... I found the original ending to Gunbuster to be quite sad... I mean Nuriko would never be able to celebrate her birthday with Jung Frued again... so sad... And she would never see her friend or her friend's daughter... ahhhhh... I think I actually cried the first time I saw it...(for me those kind of endings always get me... I cried the first time I saw the Sandlot Gang's ending... even though that was an awful movie). And yeah... to have the threat of the Space Monsters go on... kinda cheapens it.

Sorry for the double post... does anyone know if you can unlock the Buster Machine-03 as a playable mech in SRWF, Final, Alpha or Alpha for Dreamcast? I've played through Alpha three times but I havn't gotten it (then again I still havn't been able to figure out how to get the MK II Monster in that game either)... if anyone knows that would be great.

This does raise the question of where exactly do the space monsters come from now. In the original, the idea was that the galaxy as a whole is a living organism (individual star systems are just cells) and that the monsters were big antibodies. Humans are a disease, but we were benign as long as we stayed in our own cell. As soon as we started to spread, we triggered the immune system. The solution is to kill our own host. So with the host gone, where do more antibodies come from?

• 2 weeks later...

Done!

This is SO "FLCL" it's not even funny! She even rides a Vespa with the scarf and helmet and goggles like a certain someone...and yes the buster machine has a FACE ARRRGHHH. Animation is pure FLCL is style. Well it is Gainax after all. It reminds me of Gunbuster hmm, about 1% - the part where they play the soundtrack and screenshots of the original gunbuster in the intro lol.

Has there been any released art for the new box set that's coming out yet?

No word on what the new box will look like with the set. The DVD slip covers do appear to be the same though, with some minor changes.

How much is the R2 boxset? (Too lazy to search around :) )

Has there been any released art for the new box set that's coming out yet?

No word on what the new box will look like with the set. The DVD slip covers do appear to be the same though, with some minor changes.

How much is the R2 boxset? (Too lazy to search around :) )

Around $90 to $120 US dollars, depending on where you order them. Not cheap, but will definitely be worth it.

Those are pretty sweet. Also, I checked out the translated version of the trailer. Two things pleased me greatly. One, Hideaki Anno is listed in Planning/Supervising. While he doesn't do the edgy stuff he used to(he much happier now I hear), this is a relief to me. Secondly, Kohei Tanaka returns for the score. Here's hoping. B))

Has anyone seen the Gunbuster Perfect Guide? What's on it? Is it worth $50.00?

I've ordered it, but I have not got it yet because I am waiting for the remastered Gunbuster set and the first volume of Aim for the Top 2! to be released which I have on pre-order with CD Japan. When I get it, I will let you know what it's like. I will also post images from the book and the DVD. Now I have to order those one coin figures too... I will be one broke mo-fo for Christmas this year.

Those are pretty sweet. Also, I checked out the translated version of the trailer. Two things pleased me greatly. One, Hideaki Anno is listed in Planning/Supervising. While he doesn't do the edgy stuff he used to(he much happier now I hear), this is a relief to me. Secondly, Kohei Tanaka returns for the score. Here's hoping. B))

Well, theres some hope. I still have some optimism, but the initial character designs are a bit foreboding. The redesigned Buster machine could work; once I got over the shock I felt it had at least some potential...

Those one coin figures look good, I may get one or two. Although, those type of things always look good in publicity pics, then when you get one in your hands... ugh.

Also note that you need at leat three coins to buy the "one coin" figures. Hello, tax!!

Gah! Just saw Gunbuster 2 eps1. Gah!! :blink::ph34r:

There is no Gunbuster 2, there is no Gunbuster 2, There is no Gunbuster 2, there is no Gunbuster 2, There is no Gunbuster 2, there is no Gunbuster 2, There is no Gunbuster 2, there is no Gunbuster 2.

DieBuster the new Buster Machine is weak and takes forever to deal with 1 space monster, and is bendy like Boss Borot. The characters....what the hell?! Pink haired main character girl(is whinier then Usagi from Sailor Moon)does a Noriko move but without an RX or Buster machine. Onee-sama girl is boring. All she has is that sticker thing on her forehead.

There is no Gunbuster 2, there is no Gunbuster 2, There is no Gunbuster 2, there is no Gunbuster 2, There is no Gunbuster 2, there is no Gunbuster 2, There is no Gunbuster 2, there is no Gunbuster 2.

Well I definitely don't like it. It's not my cup of tea....but then FLCL wasn't either. What just gets me is you just don't feel it when the DieBuster shows up. You've got the Gunbuster music going and you expect something majestic and kickass to appear and it just doesn't live up to it. What shows up looks like a foldup toy wearing a cape(DieBuster).

Anyways you can get the raw bittorrent version here. Whether anyone is still seeding it though.....I'll seed for 24hrs starting now.