Figure Ou #77

Solscud007

Ok first off I have to say that this is the best article on macross I have seen and i dont even know what it says.

It is Figure Ou #77. ISBN4-8465-2480-9 This is a Mook (Magazine Book)

The first article is of Shoji Kawamori. I assume it is biography related to macross. Some one needs to translate this asap.

There is a two page long article of Mari Ijma, damn wich i had this when i saw her. Oh well next time.

There is also an article of whom I assume is the head of Yamato This too needs to be Translated.

Now for the nest part. A rather complete and comprehensive catalog of Macross Toys and models.

It starts with the Takatoku Super VF-1S and shows the transformation sequence shot by shot as well as armor placement. while the pictures of the box, instructions and packaging are small you get an idea of the packaging.

They resume with the rest of the Takatoku line. Each toy having its own mini article. Some like the VF-1J variants (Max, Hikaru, and Miria) each have shots of of every mode and front, side and back shots of battroid.

They continue with the Taka GBP, SDF-1, Destroid conversion kit (but no box pic)

Then they resume with the Bandai line of DYRL 1/55 valks. HCM valks and Joke Machine. including transformation sequence.

every so often there is a little memo from Shoji Kawamori of real planes.

There are images of completed SHE kits. They also show the Yamato Macross Plus Valks. along with memos from kawamori on the real planes he based these off of.

Of course detailed images of Yamato line of toys. Alng with a Figure Ou custom that is up for some kind of giveaway and autographed by Kawamori.

The issue includes the Yamato Helmet, Launch Arm, Koenig monster, VF-0 toy, and Kawamori's infamous lego valk he made for the SV-51 (there are pics of kawamori transforming the lego valk) I had video of it from the 2003 Hobby Expo but stupid me wrote over it in Japan.

Then there is a montage of old macross merchandise from cards, carious models, paper monster, Macross watches, wonderfest kit that HG copied.

They also talk about the bandai reissues, K&M figures, Tomy, Seika pencil sharpeners, Doyusha planes, and CM's figures

And two pages of Hasegawa kits.

the last page corner is a clip Present coupon which I assume you must mail away for a drawing to win various prizes. the ultimate as I mentioned earlier is the Figure Ou 1/48 VF-1A custom. you can also win 1/48 valks, doyusha, CMS, K&M, Seika sharperners and hase kits.

There are a few thigs that I must complain about though. My beloved Joke Machines did not recieve as much attention as they should they only show the VF-1S and form my rudimentary japanese mention the VF-1A. There was no mention of the VF-1Js. There should have been images of all the Joke Machines.

There is little comparison of the Bandai Reissues and regular Takas. They only talk about Tampo printing, and some indechipherable text of the back plates. They dont show all the Yamato Helmets. They could have contacted us for more prime examples. Like the 1/55 ostrich has a lot of yellowing on the left arm and shoulder.

The 1990 Bandai Reissue of the Super Valk pic is incomplete. There are no missles or instructions or decals and any other inserts that were inclusive with this toy.

They do not show the variations of the CM's figures. And the onyl shot of Minmei in the chair is the water color looking version, not the full colored version.

At a retail value of 14.68 before tax from Kinokuniya, I recommend this Mook to every macross fan. Worth every penny. Now we need people to translate it.

Edited by Solscud007

I got this book from Kinokuniya in San Jose finally.

Awesome, i can't say enough about this one!

The pictures are all so great, i love the new Yamato 1/48 stuff as well as the classic 80's toys. The book goes though the complete history of Macross toys from year to year that they were released. Even has the different Hasegawa models!

If only i could read Japanese!

Hey i have a question....

On the last page of the Macross section titled "present", what are the letters next to items?

I mean there is a 1/48 VF-1A with armor, and VF-1J super with an "A" next to it.

There are some models under "D", and K&M figures under "E".

What are these?

My guess is these are the prizes for the contest?

Being the 1/48's are first place, (or "A" place), then "B" is like second place, and so on.

What do you guys think? Anyone know?

I got this from amazon when it first came out. It's decent, but I don't think it's worth $15 for stuff one can easily find online.

Although I did like the fact that they brought in their own Macross stuff for the pictures (as is obvious due to the yellowing some of the toys have). It's also somewhat annoying that there was a lot of stuff not pictured (they go through every Yamato Valk and don't have the Destroid Monster there).

I got this from amazon when it first came out. It's decent, but I don't think it's worth $15 for stuff one can easily find online.

Although I did like the fact that they brought in their own Macross stuff for the pictures (as is obvious due to the yellowing some of the toys have). It's also somewhat annoying that there was a lot of stuff not pictured (they go through every Yamato Valk and don't have the Destroid Monster there).

I believe the reason the monster pix is in there, is because the book was make prior to the release of the monster pix and any news about it.

I purchased it at Kinikuniya about a month ago.

No the last time i checked they were all out, they have the new issue now (#78).

If you are local, you can go to the store, give them the ISBN number and order it from them.

The book really cost like $9 by the yen, but they mark it up to $15.

If you are not local, you can e-mail them and order it.

They will charge you $15 + $5 shipping to your door.

You will need the ISBN # though, and probably the issue name and number (#77)

-SAM

I believe the reason the monster pix is in there, is because the book was make prior to the release of the monster pix and any news about it.

My bad. I meant the Takatoku Monster, not the Koenig one (which I have no interest in).

Yeah there are stuff missing as I mentioned. I included the ISBN number in my post so you guys can order it. I think it is worht the 15, considering how much Dengeki Hobby and Hobby japan cost (the same as Figure Ou)

The letters under the "Present" page was for a drawing. You send in a post card with a few sentences on how you love macross. and they have a drawing and give stuff away.

Pat: I ordered it from Kinokuniya.

cool!! I was able to order four of them. My bad to anybody who wanted one. I should've asked first, but I didn't know if I was still able to order it or not. I guess I was. :p:D:lol:

it's funny how this mag keeps popping up as "new" news, and people are like "woah, cool mag, where can I order this?"

I don't even think anyone saw my post about the same mag, and I think I've seen at least two others pop up, lol.

it's funny how this mag keeps popping up as "new" news, and people are like "woah, cool mag, where can I order this?"

I don't even think anyone saw my post about the same mag, and I think I've seen at least two others pop up, lol.

I saw it. I even saw the one waay before yours with the link to the pictures on another message board. Then there was another thread about it in the Movies and TV series section. That's when I first saw it. And yet, I'm barely ordering it now. I didn't have time or a job when these books came out. But now I do!!! :p:D:lol:

oh but I did. I used your post and ISBN to order it. Jsut no one seemed to detail or discuss teh contents. I was completely unaware of the contents until i bought it.

oh but I did. I used your post and ISBN to order it. Jsut no one seemed to detail or discuss teh contents. I was completely unaware of the contents until i bought it.

oh yeah, thanks for the review (nick? sorry, it's been a while I can't remember which names went with which i.d.'s. from two years ago. ) Nice scans (in the other thread), and thanks for the details. Now I wish someone would translate for us...

Edited by redemption

• 2 weeks later...

I heard from Rob that there are some unfortunate souls who dont have this mook yet. The bad news is that all the major bookstores that can do nationwide stockchecks and send a copy near where you live are all sold out.

The good news is that small mom and pop independant shops still have a chance to have it since unlike regular publications like Hobby Japan, Mooks are not destroyed when the next issue comes out.

To find one, get on any random train heading away from major cities like Osaka or Tokyo. Look at the trainstation signs, once you get to an area that has no english look around to check to see if there are any foreigners. If both indications show you are in the boonies, get off. Now check the bookstore that is always near the station, and then ask the information booth where the nearest bookstores are. After checking those and not finding any, check the yellowpages(yes they have them in Japan too)

Goodluck hunting

• 2 weeks later...
Can anyone direct me where I can still find this magazine? Bobe-Patt, you still have any left to re-sell?

sorry, no more. All of the ones I've ordered came and gone quickly. You can order one if you'd like. EXO can help to as well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not every Yamato. The VF-19A isn't there.

• 2 weeks later...
Hey guys...i'm looking for "Macross prefect memory", but it seem 2 long time ago so i can't get it at everyway. Did somebody know where get it? Or hv some image inside the content?

Thanx!!

Whoah, that's kinda from left field from the topic. Try the wanted section.

There are also bootlegs of those books and they're pretty good if you can't score an original. Good luck.

• 1 month later...
soli...cause i'm newbie n see that Book section here..so i come in for a look.. thanx for inform!!~~ :lol:

There should be a couple of these books left in the toy district. I saw some left a while back but the guy was selling them for 35 or 40 bucks. Something like that.

• 2 weeks later...