Low Vis Paper Monster

Mule

At that enormous scale, I think you are going to need to put in some re-enforcements on many of the large, flat areas.  What I did in some cases was add another paper layer to the back of the pice I found to be too flimsy.  For yours, you might need some kind of titanium structure underneath  ;)

oh, its going to be big.. but I don't think it would classify as needing a "skeleton" When I say its going to be 3.375x larger, you need to think three dimensionally. the individual dimensions will only make it about 50% taller/wider/longer (1.5^3 = 3.375) Now if I could find an affordable supply of 17x14 stock I could make it even bigger say another 10-15% :drool: at that size :grabbing calculator: that would make it... OMG.. 4.5x bigger

its probably going to take me another month to finish the "artwork" to make Ver 3.0 :( I'm recreating all the text/details/fine edges (as much as possible). My redo of the U.N.SPACY logos... etc make them so much sharper blown-up and stand out a lot better. I will most likely have to double wall and reinforce the stupid thing... but it will be worth all the headache ;)

• 1 year later...
I hadn't looked at this thread previously so I was somewhat suprised when I did. I produced a CG version of the Monster last July and rendered one in an "original" grey colour scheme, this paper model looks just like it. Amazing coincidence.

I just printed it on a BW printer to do something a little different and to save color toner at my office. I didn't try to steal anyone's ideas. Besides you've got some yellow in you're color scheme, where as mine is purely gray. In any event, I like what you've done there. How long did it take to make that scene? What program(s) did you use?

Does any one know what size I would need to print one of these to get it to come in at 1/72 scale?

Berttt

318148[/snapback]

I just printed it out on standard 8.5 x 11 in paper. If you measure from the floor to the gun barrels, I figure it is about 1/89 (HO) scale. The scale is different if you measure it length or width wise.

You might be able to make an estimate from that.

Sorry, but I don't have any place to post the files for downloading. They are rather large. I got the files from the old forums, but I know that link is quite dead.

There was an older thread about the paper monster. This B&W version is damn sweet. I built the color version on 110lb. cardstock. That seemed to be the best paper. And for the parts that would be showing white in certain areas, I double printed the backside of the the paper in the green color just to keep the same color and look a little more realistic.

Actually, I am working on cleaning up the colors of the colored version, because I will be getting it printed on I believe it is 16x20 poster board paper. A print shop will be doing it for me and it's gonna cost a little dough, but that should bring it to rougly a 1/48 scale. Of course, I will be doing this with photgraphs along the way.

Now I'm trying to decide,,, do I print it in color (a dulled out green and not so dull as the original, or in the B&W? Again, man, great job on the monster. It's one hell-of-a project, I know.

:D

Ok guys here are the files. Should be good for around 30 days

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=39WHKEHV

you may have to wait 30sec or so then hit the download button.

Any dramas let me know.

Cheers,

Berttt

318970[/snapback]

Thanks! I think I'm going to try this one out, if I find the time to print it before I move out of my current office. The last time I made a paper model was a samurai castle out of Dragon magazine. I don't even want to think about how long ago that must have been.

• 10 months later...
  • 5 months later...