• 1 month later...

Since next year is the 10th anniversary of Gurren Lagann I believe I would love to get a SoC version of the main mecha in 2017. In the meantime I will try to hunt down the Riobot version.

Since next year is the 10th anniversary of Gurren Lagann I believe I would love to get a SoC version of the main mecha in 2017. In the meantime I will try to hunt down the Riobot version.

This or SoC Genesic Gaogaigar. Either would do just fine though

• 3 weeks later...

Will it actually separate and combine though? If it doesn't I have zero interest.

Of course it will separate and combine. This is the Soul of Chogokin line where it hosts mostly large combining super robots. You might be thinking of the Super Robot chogokin line which is much smaller and nontransformable. :)

Of course it will separate and combine. This is the Soul of Chogokin line where it hosts mostly large combining super robots. You might be thinking of the Super Robot chogokin line which is much smaller and nontransformable. :)

Yup that's it, I always confuse the two.

Does Japan even care about Golion anymore? Or is this SOC mainly for American and international fans?

I suspect it is mainly for us. My understanding is Japan pretty much NEVER cared about Golion. The San Diego Comic Convention unveil is another clue. :p

Though even ignoring the high US demand, I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be the first "obscure mech no one wanted" in the lineup.

Edited by JB0

Does Japan even care about Golion anymore? Or is this SOC mainly for American and international fans?

If Voltron isn't that popular in Japan, it makes me wonder about Saber Rider / Bismarck. There wasn't much interest in Saber Rider here when I posted about that Kickstarter for the videogame. But since we are getting an official Soul of Chogokin Voltron, I would like to see them make Ramrod or whatever they called him in Japan. Along with small versions of the team vehicles like that other company did for the Gatchaman God Phoenix. But I'm sure Gatchaman is far more popular than Voltron and Saber Rider in Japan. As Gatchaman has numerous shows where Voltron and Saber Rider just have the originals that I'm aware of. With Voltron I don't count the American versions that I haven't even seen.

• 2 weeks later...

And to think that for a moment I considered the possibility of entertaining the notion of purchasing one of these, but for 32,400 yen... :wacko: Not only no, but H3LL NO. Easy pass unless it ever hits the 50% off discount bin. I know that will never, or at least is very unlikely to, happen so I'll just have to enjoy it vicariously.

The JPY32400 should be with 8% tax, so it should cost 30k yen+shipping for foreign buyers. Still quite expensive anyway.

True, even excluding the sales tax and taking into account preorder discounts of up to 15%, once you add shipping you're right back around the 32-33K or more yen mark... far too much mullah in my book. :mellow:

Edited by mechaninac

For those that live in the USA

Anime-island have this GX-71 golion for preorder at $277.99 with free shipping.

You can use the coupon code of 10OFF2016 to get a extra 10% off

Total will be $250.19 shipped.

Pretty sure that's the lowest shipped pricing right now.

http://www.anime-island.com/products/gx-71-voltron-voltron-defender-of-the-universe-bandai-soul-of-chogokin.html

For those that live in the USA

Anime-island have this GX-71 golion for preorder at $277.99 with free shipping.

You can use the coupon code of 10OFF2016 to get a extra 10% off

Total will be $250.19 shipped.

Pretty sure that's the lowest shipped pricing right now.

http://www.anime-island.com/products/gx-71-voltron-voltron-defender-of-the-universe-bandai-soul-of-chogokin.html

Sweet! Bought the Ultimate burning Godzilla too!