Tetsugen 28 looks awsome.

BTW if anybody is interested in the live action Tetsugen 28 movie (avail through netflix, 2008) avoid it like the plague. While the movie is only average what kills it are the subtitles. I've never seen a japanese film with such bad subtitling. You literally need a translator to understand the subtitles, and the timing is way off. It gets old really fast, borderline torture...they even manage to get black ox wrong calling him black bear.

Go figure...

I just got the OLD Voltes V... grumble grumble... didn't realize this one could also seperate into all the different forms..grumble grumble...

oh well :)

At least I'm down to missing just Ideon, Zambot 3 and Gunbuster from the "big" SOCs...then it's all down-hill price wise as I hunt for cheapos like Poseidon and the like :)

Pete

those... bastards!!!

spring-loaded Voltes bazooka!

must... resist !!! :lol:

i'm guessing the old built-in hands are gone, as a trade-off for the new gimmicky forearms.

this new version surely is classic-y! detaching fists & spring-loaded goodness B))

kinda makes me wish they'd include the spinning top accessory, the tiny monster "targets" & the fake tailfin for the Bomber machine.

:)

oi lol i already know what nadesico is, but i can't remember the red mech and smaller white one with spear? I only seen the movie like once. It's from the movie?

I'll have to get this set for my bro now... >_< Ahh, that white mech... didn't it have a booster add on? Red mech looks bad ass, a nice opponet for the Black Sarena.

Would love a Gekigangar SOC lol!

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Just got my SOC SPEC EVA-01 Renewal Version :)

MAAAAAN :) this thing is AAAwwweessomme :) Sorry for sounding like such a fanboy - but wow! So many different parts! So many options! It's really beautiful! And the die cast leg armor! Jeez! What a treat! There's just so much to play with here that it's actually NOT FUN - as in - it feels like a chore just to play with my new EVA :) :) :)

My only "issue" is that just like with the 1/60 VF-1, this thing tends to go overboard with "tight" - getting the naked EVA's shoulders off so as to put the armor shoulder on was a bit of a chore :) But daaag - in general I'm very pleased.

Blows Revoltech out of the water! Mainly because of:

1) The "rib cage" - this is, after all, one of the most awe inspiring elements - aprticularly in that episode where EVA goes berzerk :) So having it so well represented is just a treat

2) Removable armor - precious!

3) A tube that slides into his back

4) A real umbilical cord! :)

Sooo much goodness :)

Such a lovely peace!

Off to open Voltes V next! :) Yippee!! :)

Pete

Just got my SOC SPEC EVA-01 Renewal Version :)

MAAAAAN :) this thing is AAAwwweessomme :) Sorry for sounding like such a fanboy - but wow! So many different parts! So many options! It's really beautiful! And the die cast leg armor! Jeez! What a treat! There's just so much to play with here that it's actually NOT FUN - as in - it feels like a chore just to play with my new EVA :) :) :)

My only "issue" is that just like with the 1/60 VF-1, this thing tends to go overboard with "tight" - getting the naked EVA's shoulders off so as to put the armor shoulder on was a bit of a chore :) But daaag - in general I'm very pleased.

Blows Revoltech out of the water! Mainly because of:

1) The "rib cage" - this is, after all, one of the most awe inspiring elements - aprticularly in that episode where EVA goes berzerk :) So having it so well represented is just a treat

2) Removable armor - precious!

3) A tube that slides into his back

4) A real umbilical cord! :)

Sooo much goodness :)

Such a lovely peace!

Off to open Voltes V next! :) Yippee!! :)

Pete

Please give us yummy pics.

Just let me finish playing with my Voltes V first - I just got him in as well..... :)

But yeah - I definitely want to take some pictures of the EVA - my dream is to pose him in "berzerker canibal" mode :) all kneeling over and eating that other poor fellow...er...thingy...Angel :)

Pete

Quick note on the SPEC Eva love-in... I got the renewal 01 as well as the original color blue 00 and 02. In each case, I loved the color matching of the plastics to the painted diecast, however on the thigh armor I found that the plastic front and back pieces tend to dislodge too easily during play. I ended up gluing the pieces in place, but I doubt there is any real down side to it beyond the inability to show off the 'naked' form. :-)

Awesome poseables they are. Still prefer the SOC overall (diecassssssssstttttttttt), but the Spec factor with removeable armour just adds.

No news yet of the next Eva-02? I didn't end up getting that Spec 02, as there was news of the Rebuild Eva-02....

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Oh yeah, I still cherish my SOC EVA-03 and 04. Those two had the best looking paint finish of the lot and I was disappointed by the non-release of 'anime color' versions of 01 and 02. I was ready to buy the blue 00 but without the first two, it was kind of pointless... Now I'm waiting to see how the SPEC 03 and 04 will turn out, not to mention the (almost) inevitable Mass Production models...

A bit sad on my part for SOC/SPEC collection, i got SOC Eva-02 and 01, and SPEC 01... will collect EVA-02 SPEC or rebuild spec if it comes out.

Was gonna get the SOC Eva-04 as i was just loving the build back then but decided against it in the end.

Out of all the SOC's out there i'd probably want to get the Gunbuster.

i'll check and see which ones i'd get and make a wish list of soughts. :p

:edit:

ok here's the list -

http://www.hlj.com/hljlist2/?searchpage=to...20of%20Chogokin

i'd likeeeeeeeeeeeee...

GUNBUSTER http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN941668 - the unltimate imo bad ass super robot. If they ever do re-issuse the Gunbuster, i'll probably crack and get one.

SPEC Eva-02 http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN951626 - only if the REbuild Eva-02 is dissapointing with worse design and crappy accessories.

GX-39 Baikanfu http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN950081 - wow!

Dragonar 01 http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN950083 - Love the design, never watched the anime.

GX-41S Reideen http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN952747 - Pretty damn cool. He's got a bow and super robot arrow, that's bad ass! Great accesories.

Soul of Chogokin GX-44S Tetsujin 28 & Black Ox Set http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN955486 - These are damn cool looking super robots!

(If i was just to get a couple of high quality s/robots for my kids, i'd choose these without a doubt.)

Voltes http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN939672 - I loved multi vehicle combiners as a kid (Voltron lions and one other i can't remember) Maybe i'll treat myself to a Voltes one day....

hehehheh Rocket boobies!!! - http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN925449 nah only one i'd get from the mazinger series is the ultimate Mazinkaiser, which sadly was released as a SOC toy

or atleast as good as quality, but i can't find it on the hlj.com list. :( That would be my ultimate buy other than the Gunbuster....

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

The GunBuster is the best figure I've had in my collection for a while. I must say if you get one be careful with the forearm/lower leg panels. I managed to break the hinge on one of them so will have to contact hlj and see if they can get me a replacement part :(

To enjoy and appreciate the SPEC Dragonar you only need to watch the Opening animation. The series itself is pretty much forgettable. But the OP rocks! And the toy is of the Dragonar mecha in the opening animation. The Dragonar mecha in the series itself is of a different design. The OP animation Dragonar is much cooler looking (IMHO) ^_^

The toy itself is superb. Not a thing I can find wrong with it.

Edited by Vifam7

Cool thanks for the reviews guys. :D

I really do hope they re-release the Gunbuster now. At the time i hadn't the money and didn't think enough of it as i (still) haven't seen

the series/ova. I'm getting the itich to get a Super Robot. I early birded Grimlock MP last week. He's a start. :p

The Gunbuster is a cool SOC IMO. Keep an eye on ebay. They seem to come in waves. I got mine at the end of September for $189US which is just about the regular price on HLJ. Plus it was from a US seller so shipping was only $18. I think with this shipping I made out better than getting it on HLJ. It was even with a Buy It Now so there was no auction hassles or bidding war.

To enjoy and appreciate the SPEC Dragonar you only need to watch the Opening animation. The series itself is pretty much forgettable.

Bah, the series is better than every single Gundam anime put together IMO (despite being a virtual Gundam clone).

Down with Gundam!

Up with Dragonar!

Graham

I'll try to bring one of his books... get him to sign on the cover and take a photo with the man. I would imagine a quasi-stampede situation that day with some of us and their toys sandwiched between smelly, sweaty & sticky fanboys. Softcover books are easier to roll-up and unfurl for autograph. Or hardcovers can also be used to smack some people. :lol:

Bah, the series is better than every single Gundam anime put together IMO (despite being a virtual Gundam clone).

Down with Gundam!

Up with Dragonar!

Graham

That's the first time I've ever had someone comment that Dragonar was better than Gundam. Personally I like it too (though admittedly not as memorable as Gundam). Then again I'm an 80's robot anime otaku. I have the Dragonar series as a LD set and DVD set... :D

Btw the SPEC Dragonar from Opening Animation is not exactly an Okawara design. It's more of Okawara design revamped/deformed by Masami Obari (the same guy who did the Mac2 OP animation). Since the opening animation was handled by Obari, he took some liberties with the look. The OP animation Dragonar is thus sometimes called "Bari"gnar by Japanese fans. ^_^

Well... These are far from being yummy pics. I've mainly been taking yummy pics of my new VF-1S v2 and my relatively new (although I got it what...a month or two ago now?) YF-21 1:60... but I do need to get around to getting my socks done too...

myrm.jpg

This picture is missing my Dancouga; who is off ploting something terrible... and I EVA -01 is hiding behind Uranus :) tee hee hee... at least I think that's Uranus and not Shin? ... Probably Shin... I need to memorize their names.

One thing I will say: I am SOOO LOVING Voltes V. His vehicle modes are just full of chunky fun 70s sci-fi goodness. They are sooo sooooooo fun :) It's amazing!

Soul of Chogokin is the best toy line I have ever had the pleasure of collecting. Seriously. Such variety. So much playability. So much fun. Valkyries are great - but they are sort of monotonous as far as it goes - but Soul of Chogokin - damn: now THIS is a toy line. Seriously. It's got everything I could ever want in a toy line.

I need to collect all of these.

Pete