they may at some point it seems like a pretty logical one to make, keep your fingers crossed something tells me at some point we will get this one.

chris

Oh man I'd go nuts if they ever make one!! All my filipino friends have been wanting the original one ever since they were young. Now if they made one, I'd gurantee you that these would sell out like crazy!!! :p:D:lol:

hello, all,

i think i may have that figure you guys are talking about all made of die-cast and in mint comdition in box.

i am willing to part with if if anyone is interested.

but just in case i am wrong can someone post a pic to confirm...my digital camera was stolen other wise i would take a pic of what i have ..

Oh man I'd go nuts if they ever make one!! All my filipino friends have been wanting the original one ever since they were young. Now if they made one, I'd gurantee you that these would sell out like crazy!!! :p:D:lol:

well i'd buy 3 if bandai will make voltes soc...

Add another Filipino to yer list because I'd pick that up in a second. Hehehehehe. :p

• 4 years later...

The last thread can be found here:

http://macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=20557

I'll start this new thread with a repost of the IXTL's links from the CharaHobby show...

http://www.toysdaily.com/discuz/thread-73438-1-1.html

http://www.toysdaily.com/discuz/thread-73436-1-1.html

http://hk.rd.yahoo.com/blog/mod/art_title/...ticle?mid=13208

I'm really looking forward to seeing some in-progress pics of Daitarn 3!

ah yes, I was going to say, if you start an new thread because a thread has been archived, please link to the older thread...

Thanks Eriku!

wow, who's been cleaning house?

I was wondering that, the previous thread was only 66 pages. I think it went back to 2006, maybe it was too old?

Edited by eriku

I don't know if this has been posted yet, but no way!!! Rerelease?

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product...amp;picture=out

I saw that yesterday and I think it's a retooling of the original to make it achieve tank mode. Hopefully they'll fix some of the joint issues, too. Curious indeed.

Edited by eriku

I need help, I was transforming my SOC Gunbuster and during the process of pushing in the fists my hand slipped breaking the attachment point on one of the forearm panels. I've tried glueing it back on but it won't stay fixed, what should I do? :(

I need help, I was transforming my SOC Gunbuster and during the process of pushing in the fists my hand slipped breaking the attachment point on one of the forearm panels. I've tried glueing it back on but it won't stay fixed, what should I do? :(

Nothing much you can do really, except trying to get a replacement part. Try to contact HLJ's parts email andd see what they can do for you.

parts@hlj.com

that's annoying as hell!

i don't actually mind the gimmicky tank mode, redux bazooka & wrecking ball,

but they couldn't have made the elbows double-jointed in the 1st place ?!?! :angry:

this product displeases me so.

the Daimos, on the other hand, i am very excited about. i must know the secrets of the transforming backpack parts! :lol:

what's the release date on this thing?

that's annoying as hell!

i don't actually mind the gimmicky tank mode, redux bazooka & wrecking ball,

but they couldn't have made the elbows double-jointed in the 1st place ?!?! :angry:

this product displeases me so.

the Daimos, on the other hand, i am very excited about. i must know the secrets of the transforming backpack parts! :lol:

what's the release date on this thing?

I'd be pretty sore if I already had a Voltes, but I skipped it the first time around so I'm pretty excited for this one. Bandai should offer a 'trade-in' program for the fans who already bought the first one, which is probably most SOC fans.

Daimos I'm even more excited for, and he is supposed to be rolling out by the end of this month. B))

Edited by eriku

I eagerly anticipate my space truck, so I can make a Ideon/Xabungle/Daimos display. The revised Voltes I'm less enthusiastic about, since I already have a bullshit hips V1 sitting on my shelf that I want to drown in superglue just to make him manageable. If they revise the hips, I'll consider getting a new one. If not, forget it. THe hips are the only damn thing wrong with Voltes. Too bad they're such a nightmarish problem.

What's wrong with them? They seem fine on the one I have on display here...

On mine, they don't line up evenly making the hips just slightly out of sync. It's mostly noticeable when in ship mode. They also don't lock in, at all, meaning the legs will just "fall out" of place when transformed. This carries over to gattai mode where the figure will be unstable unless I jam its hip into place. Even then, the hip will pop out and it's all flop-flop-flop again. While the swing out hip joint was, I'm sure, a neat idea in concept, on my figure it fails miserably. The same again for Ideon which has the same general concept, and will suddenly fold itself in half backwards if I'm not careful.

On mine, they don't line up evenly making the hips just slightly out of sync. It's mostly noticeable when in ship mode. They also don't lock in, at all, meaning the legs will just "fall out" of place when transformed. This carries over to gattai mode where the figure will be unstable unless I jam its hip into place. Even then, the hip will pop out and it's all flop-flop-flop again. While the swing out hip joint was, I'm sure, a neat idea in concept, on my figure it fails miserably. The same again for Ideon which has the same general concept, and will suddenly fold itself in half backwards if I'm not careful.

Weird, all the joints on my Voltes V and Ideon are nice and tight, never heard of your problem before... You got double-turded! :p

I'd be pretty sore if I already had a Voltes, but I skipped it the first time around so I'm pretty excited for this one. Bandai should offer a 'trade-in' program for the fans who already bought the first one, which is probably most SOC fans.

Daimos I'm even more excited for, and he is supposed to be rolling out by the end of this month. B))

ok, you guys are getting it all wrong about Voltes V. This is not a re-release of the SOC Voltes V. This is the reissue of the ORIGINAL GODAIKIN version of Voltes V from back in the 80's. So this is the brick looking toy with all of it's metal goodness in it!

ok, you guys are getting it all wrong about Voltes V. This is not a re-release of the SOC Voltes V. This is the reissue of the ORIGINAL GODAIKIN version of Voltes V from back in the 80's. So this is the brick looking toy with all of it's metal goodness in it!

Is there an official press release from Bandai stating that? I can see how it could be interpreted that way, but to me it looks like they're showing the plans for a retooled or new Voltes with the old Godaikin pictured as a point of reference. Like, "This revised Voltes will transform like the classic toy did!"

I'm pretty sure it's just a retool + redeco (with additional accessories) of SOC Voltes V to allow for the tank mode. The original DX version is shown for reference purposes.

well I guess we need someone to translate the article for us. That and the listing on BBTS says GX-31V Voltes V - Classic Godaikin Version. That leads me to think that it's gonna be the original reissue. But hey, I could be wrong about that so I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Well, GX is a SOC designation, and GX-31 was the number for the orignal Voltes so I assume GX-31V coupled with the diagram and "Classic Godakin Version" means that it'll be the SOC made to resemble the Godaikin. But yeah, all of these are assumptions that have about as much value as a fart in a tornado. It's interesting that nobody besides BBTS seems to have any info on this. BBTS isnt' exactly known for SOC news.

From what I can read, it's a re-tooling of the SOC GX-31. Basically it just adds the tank-mode gimmick which is just a nod of head to the original Godaikin. A few new weapons are added as well. Probably not worth it for those who already have the prior GX-31 unless you must have tank mode capability.