9 hours ago, pafy6285 said:

So Amazon JP just charged my CC for the 2 x Voltes V I've PO'ed. 8k yen shipping each for a total of 61985 yen each (also includes customs tax here in Canada).

8K/ shipped is not bad at all!!!!!!

I wish I had PO'd (I missed it) through AmazonJP. I would be paying almost the exact same as BBTS (A little less actually) and be getting mine soon.

2 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Found this from Twitter. For size comparison with DX VF-1S Hikaru.

dx_voltes_vf-1s.thumb.jpg.1b368f7fabcb3c0ef5da0c2612434f22.jpg

He's a big puppy! Even bigger with that "V"! I may have to tweak some shelves.

5 hours ago, sqidd said:

8K/ shipped is not bad at all!!!!!!

I wish I had PO'd (I missed it) through AmazonJP. I would be paying almost the exact same as BBTS (A little less actually) and be getting mine soon.

Would have been sweet if Bandai opened the PO much earlier like the first few months of 2020 and Amazon JP still has its flat rate shipping. Ordered the Metal Structure Nu from Amazon and shipping was just 1600 yen for that and the box for that is also big (but smaller than Voltes box)

18 minutes ago, sqidd said:

:shok:

shocked with Amazon's flat rate, lol. Yeah it was really good while it lasted. I had some other POs last year that had the flat rate and released this year, so if I PO'ed it from another shop, would pay a fortune to ship this year (e.g. 1200 yen vs >10000 yen just for EMS). I think Amazon JP was offering the flat rate until April this year as I have some POs that time, and all was charged with 1600 yen shipping.

Edited by pafy6285

4 minutes ago, pafy6285 said:

shocked with Amazon's flat rate, lol. Yeah it was really good while it lasted. I had some other POs last year that had the flat rate and released this year, so if I PO'ed it from another shop, would pay a fortune to ship this year (e.g. 1200 yen vs >10000 yen just for EMS). I think Amazon JP was offering the flat rate until April this year as I have some POs that time, and all was charged with 1600 yen shipping.

Yeah, that's a great shipping charge!!!

5 hours ago, sumyumgoy said:

Phew, thankfully I had a backup on Amazon jp.  I tried to reach out to HLJ to see if maybe the shipping estimate was a mistake and they confirmed that it was not.

By any chance has there been an announcement on a PO date for Gaiking?

I'm surprised HLJ is asking that much when other retailers outside of Amazon JP seem to max out somewhere 20000 yen for DHL or Fedex.

9 minutes ago, crackpot said:

I'm surprised HLJ is asking that much when other retailers outside of Amazon JP seem to max out somewhere 20000 yen for DHL or Fedex.

I haven't heard any other retailer actually shipped out by DHL/Fedex for this big item yet besides Amazon.  So many are now stuck at the shipping process. 

from other msg boards Amiami couldn't even ship this by DHL..   so it will be place on hold until EMS resumes. :(

9 minutes ago, F360 said:

I haven't heard any other retailer actually shipped out by DHL/Fedex for this big item yet besides Amazon.  So many are now stuck at the shipping process. 

from other msg boards Amiami couldn't even ship this by DHL..   so it will be place on hold until EMS resumes. :(

From what I read somewhere else. CDJapan charged somewhere 10K yen for Fedex priority going to California.  Anime Export charged 21K for DHL going to Texas. If Amiami cannot ship out using DHL, which is weird given others are doing it, I think they should offer a chance for cancelation. 

Edited by crackpot

Thought I was going to receive this before New Year's. Looks like it's going to be next Monday, Jan. 4. So much for my post-Christmas' and post-New Year's self gift. :unsure:

But the good news is that Amazon emailed me of the price guarantee change prior of shipping. From the PO price list of Y59000 to Y56357. :rolleyes:

36 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Thought I was going to receive this before New Year's. Looks like it's going to be next Monday, Jan. 4. So much for my post-Christmas' and post-New Year's self gift. :unsure:

But the good news is that Amazon emailed me of the price guarantee change prior of shipping. From the PO price list of Y59000 to Y56357. :rolleyes:

Eleventh day of christmas, it can still be called a christmas gift!

So my 2 x DX SOC Voltes V from Amazon JP have arrived. Kudos to DHL for delivering it before the year ends. Also waiting for my  DX TV VF1 Super Parts and MB Sword Striker Pack (from MyKombini) with Fedex (already here in my city but Fedex seems to be taking their sweet time), so if they deliver it before the year ends, that would be sweet (TV super parts and MB Sword striker pack also delivered today, so great year ender).  Bought 2 as I also want to display the Big Falcon base with the individual Volt Machines.

20201230_143220.jpg

20201230_143609.jpg

20201230_143825.jpg

20201230_143952.jpg

Edited by pafy6285

Had some time for a quick assembly of Voltes V. Liked the size and weight of it. No issues with the assembly, though you might have trouble fitting/joining the Volt Panzer  and frigate (torso / waist) as it might not be that clear in the manual that you need to pull/widen the waist part so the Panzer can fit (then push back afterwards to lock). Also had a bit of a scare with the Volt Cruizer as one side of the wing popped out and I thought I broke it (might get surprised if you haven't read the manual). Turns out the wing has an alternate piece thus it's removable

20201230_194830.thumb.jpg.6154c6beddfbab458524ae1225f601aa.jpg20201230_215346.thumb.jpg.2404eea4f1788b53e5b7bc8f7dbe8d79.jpg20201230_215353.thumb.jpg.cb42419a57d1f5ba508d61250a547ace.jpg

Got mine today surprisingly from AmazonJP via DHL. It's said I will get it on Monday but got it today instead. :yahoo:

Though there's no other shipping box so my 'shipper box' already have labels and some corner dents. But no damage inside so I'm still good. I'm just glad the actual box inside doesn't have damage or dents. :rolleyes:

Some minor comments:
- Wish they used thicker cardstock for the lid. It's so flimsy.
- WIsh they used strong magnets instead on the Volt Lander or rather have a strong tab to hold it or something.
- Wish the canopy capsule can be opened so we can add paint on the color-coded pilots.
- Wish the pulling hand joints can stay locked in place every time you change the hands.

But overall, it's so big and intimidating. Wish they do Daimos next time. ;)

Edited by no3Ljm

On 12/25/2020 at 6:53 AM, Ryoma said:

Did anyone pre-order the Voltes V from AmiAmi? I did but i haven't received a request payment email yet...it's weird, since that they tend to ask for payment few days before the release date. I know they are a very reliable store so i am not that worried but, you know, just asking...

Just got my request today from Amiami with a shipping charge of 11,530 yen.

Just now, Valkyrie Hunter D said:

Yeah, that's precisely it. I just got a follow up email regarding the delay.:(

I've read in another forum that some are modifying their shipping choice to DHL in their accounts. Of course, Amiami will review the request first before confirming. Maybe worth a shot if you haven't paid yet. 

14 hours ago, Valkyrie Hunter D said:

Just got my request today from Amiami with a shipping charge of 11,530 yen.

Thanks, i got mine today too. Crossing my fingers i won't have to pay custom taxes otherwise i will probably have to sell the robot right after i received it :) 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I would still like to see Dangaio and Iczer Robo chogokin versions. I know we have a Dangaio coming out soon but it's not a chogokin. The stretch is Mighty Orbots. But they could easily make these. Perhaps Iczer Robo would be a Full Action line. But still, it's time for some more old school robots.

• 1 month later...