1 hour ago, Valkyrie Hunter D said:

HLJ's entry is still in on their Pre Order section

This is Hobbysearch's entry

Here is Amiami's

For Nippon Yasan

Hobbysearch and Nippon Yasan's offerings are already closed.

...and now Amiami's is closed. I guess HLJ is still constructing their page for their entry.

Thanks for posting this!  Ami is up again

On 6/24/2020 at 7:08 PM, treatment said:

saw this at TD earlier.

GX-93 is Arcadia...

http://toysdaily.com/discuz/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=463668&pid=8127651

223307f1e473eiak5ce1d5.jpg.733f4f9e5e63df73756e4f29bcddd162.jpg

Seems like Bandai just recycled the GX-86's gimmick.

That said, since Bandai just luvs SOC ships... where the fugazi is the SOC SDF-1 TV, Bandai? 

:5:

I've been waiting for this one since they released the other arcadia years ago. But damn... that price.

if it was the Arcadia with the skull on the bow and the same gimmicks, i think i would bite. 

i don't particularly like the Arcadia design from the Harlock movie, but if an SOC of it was made with functioning axially rotating turrets, i'd likely bite too.

.img_2?1378646403

On 7/3/2020 at 11:14 AM, pafy6285 said:

I haven't browsed the forum for awhile so I was caught off guard for this PO. So I'm kind of late placing an order. I went with the Amazon one since Nin-Nin is needed to pay upfront. With shipping to US, ended around Y67666. Item was Y59000 after placing the order. Hopefully when BBTS posted theirs is more manageable price so I can cancel my Amazon order. ^_^

Thanks everyone for posting the link.

Edited by no3Ljm

Yes but this will be a very large and heavy package. Roughly 50% larger than the Metal Structure Nu Gundam and likely on par with other SoC DX boxes which are HUGE. I just hope they pack it well enough that it doesn't arrive completely damaged.

The DHL price was from FromJapan which is also on par with Nippon Yassan. You were only charged $22 from AmiAmi for your MP-44 or is that an Amazon.jp price?

Amazon JP shipping is at ~$80 which will likely be the cheapest price for shipping.

I really hope stateside companies will carry it like BBTS or ChosenPrime, etc where they've purchased in bulk already and the shipping is free.

6 minutes ago, VF-Zer0S said:

That’s a crazy price number when my

mp-44 was only $22

are you sure you are remember correctly for mp-44 to be only $22 shipped from amiami? 

Also with the pandemic going on, all shipping companies increased their price .  But the other main thing is the SIZE.  DHL goes my Dim weight, the larger the box the more expensive it going to cost to ship ,even if it's lighter.  But for this DX , its not light either. 

3 minutes ago, F360 said:

are you sure you are remember correctly for mp-44 to be only $22 shipped from amiami? 

Also with the pandemic going on, all shipping companies increased their price .  But the other main thing is the SIZE.  DHL goes my Dim weight, the larger the box the more expensive it going to cost to ship ,even if it's lighter.  But for this DX , its not light either. 

I just got a DHL shipment from From Japan with four VF-0D's in it. Probably not as big as this thing is going to be. It was $232 to ship.

I juect PO'd a Unltimetal Megatron through BBTS when I could have gotten it for less out of Japan because of the potential shipping charge (the Ultimetal boxes are HUUUUUGGGEEEEE).

11 minutes ago, F360 said:

I was talking about Amazon Japan

On 7/4/2020 at 1:51 AM, Major Focker said:

if it was the Arcadia with the skull on the bow and the same gimmicks, i think i would bite. 

i don't particularly like the Arcadia design from the Harlock movie, but if an SOC of it was made with functioning axially rotating turrets, i'd likely bite too.

.img_2?1378646403

Those rotating turrents are the only thing i like bout this Arcadia? The movie was disappointing to me.

On 7/3/2020 at 6:43 AM, sh9000 said:

F479A750-CF55-403E-95C8-8BDCA10B202C.jpeg.2d3f694d8d6de46a5583245e8fdf32af.jpeg

Preorder date:  July 3.

Release date:  December 2020.

Price:  59000 JPY.

Sh!t I don't log in for a few days and I miss this! Damn you Bandai

How much is the shipping for DHL/Amazon JP? I wanted to go with HLJ but it's order stop now @_@

Just pre-order on Amazon.co.jp as they have a pay later option.

https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B08C3B35VF/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_3?smid=AN1VRQENFRJN5&psc=1

image.png.a7f368ca81fce409b52e867ec3587fe7.png

Or if you're willing to wait, look for stateside websites to have it like BBTS, ChosenPrime, TheToySource, etc. This isn't a Macross item so there are other distribution channels available.

28 minutes ago, Grey728 said:

Just pre-order on Amazon.co.jp as they have a pay later option.

https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B08C3B35VF/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_3?smid=AN1VRQENFRJN5&psc=1

image.png.a7f368ca81fce409b52e867ec3587fe7.png

Or if you're willing to wait, look for stateside websites to have it like BBTS, ChosenPrime, TheToySource, etc. This isn't a Macross item so there are other distribution channels available.

Thanks! That's a jaw-dropping 4k+ pesos for the shipping hahaha. But of course I've spent already thousands in shipping fees just in this toy hobby alone (not to mention on books and other stuff). Hmm let me just re-align the items I budgeted in advance for my Xmas bonus...:lol:  :cray:

For those who purchased DX Combattler V back in 2017, can you remember how much the shipping cost to the US? Thanks.

Edit: Ok, my friend texted me, he paid Y10820 using EMS from his HLJ order. That's between 6-7kg as per JapanPost shipping rates. So using that as a shipping cost example with the discounted PO price of Y55000. We're paying Amazon extra Y1000+/-. Guess, I'll just stick with Amazon this time. :)

Btw, it's open again at AmiAmi for Y55980.

https://www.amiami.com/eng/detail/?gcode=FIGURE-060560

Edited by no3Ljm

6 hours ago, hachi said:

Thanks! That's a jaw-dropping 4k+ pesos for the shipping hahaha. But of course I've spent already thousands in shipping fees just in this toy hobby alone (not to mention on books and other stuff). Hmm let me just re-align the items I budgeted in advance for my Xmas bonus...:lol:  :cray:

according to NY shipping calculator (JPN to PH): EMS - 8900 JPY, SAL - 5700

Amiami/HS/HLJ shipping would probably be about 10-20% cheaper

also note that when buying stuff >$200, AmazonJP will also compute for import tax if destination is PH, and they have a tendency to overestimate on the tax.

you might be better off getting a local PO. there's a few of them still ongoing (Php 36-39K). the risk of course is that some of these locals might not actually receive enough stock from Bandai. the most reliable is Greattoys, but their PO is priced at 39k PLUS shipping. i would have placed with them otherwise.

the way i see it, my PO from Amiami would probably be 56k+9k = 65k JPY or about 30k Php. if it gets taxed upon import, that will run up to 36k. so i went ahead and placed a local PO at that price.

IF my Amiami order is not taxed by the customs guys (it still happens, i just picked up my Fewture Garland last week sent from Amiami and it wasn't taxed), and/or the 9k JPY assumed shipping cost is less than expected, then i potentially could save as much as Php 8k over the local PO, or at worst just price parity. 

at this point i probably should be saying that i will then sell one of them, but that's probably not going to happen 

11 hours ago, Major Focker said:

according to NY shipping calculator (JPN to PH): EMS - 8900 JPY, SAL - 5700

Amiami/HS/HLJ shipping would probably be about 10-20% cheaper

also note that when buying stuff >$200, AmazonJP will also compute for import tax if destination is PH, and they have a tendency to overestimate on the tax.

you might be better off getting a local PO. there's a few of them still ongoing (Php 36-39K). the risk of course is that some of these locals might not actually receive enough stock from Bandai. the most reliable is Greattoys, but their PO is priced at 39k PLUS shipping. i would have placed with them otherwise.

the way i see it, my PO from Amiami would probably be 56k+9k = 65k JPY or about 30k Php. if it gets taxed upon import, that will run up to 36k. so i went ahead and placed a local PO at that price.

IF my Amiami order is not taxed by the customs guys (it still happens, i just picked up my Fewture Garland last week sent from Amiami and it wasn't taxed), and/or the 9k JPY assumed shipping cost is less than expected, then i potentially could save as much as Php 8k over the local PO, or at worst just price parity. 

at this point i probably should be saying that i will then sell one of them, but that's probably not going to happen 

I was about to order last night and Amazon JP slapped me with 23k+ yen import fee! Info says they will refund it but the total amount was too much for my credit card :cray:

I don't have any experience with local PO, I'll have to do some research. But at this big amount, I'm inclined to go with my usual suki sellers. I'll also probably check out US stores (as suggested), though I'm not in a hurry anyway.

11 hours ago, Major Focker said:

btw, i've just realized that the DX Voltes is about 1/160 scale, ie. close enough to N-scale (1/150) train stuff ;)

56ec649e30c7abc3cf97c8ee59160539.jpg

He can do battle with Godzilla???  :lol:

Too bad I don't have space for doing such sets. One thing I wish I had a big house...

1 hour ago, hachi said:

I was about to order last night and Amazon JP slapped me with 23k+ yen import fee! Info says they will refund it but the total amount was too much for my credit card :cray:

I don't have any experience with local PO, I'll have to do some research. But at this big amount, I'm inclined to go with my usual suki sellers. I'll also probably check out US stores (as suggested), though I'm not in a hurry anyway.

AmazonJP tends to be very conservative in their tax estimation, typically more than 50% higher than what the final tax ended up being in my experience. they do refund the difference though. unfortunately, that also incurs some forex losses as the conversion happens twice - your payment and then the refund. 

the worst thing about this however, is that there's a fairly good chance that the customs officer looking at the import declarations will either simply take that higher tax estimate as fact (ie. no refund then from Amazon), or worse, include that tax withheld estimate as part of the landed cost (ie. part of taxable amount) -- essentially a tax on a tax :blink:. it doesn't happen often, but it can and has. so for my bigger purchases, i usually route it to consolidators/forwarders like Buyee so that actual taxes are computed upon arrival, rather than bloatedly estimated prior to shipment. domestic Japan shipping is normally free anyway for big companies like Amazon; so there's no loss there except time/delay. 

22 hours ago, Major Focker said:

AmazonJP tends to be very conservative in their tax estimation, typically more than 50% higher than what the final tax ended up being in my experience. they do refund the difference though. unfortunately, that also incurs some forex losses as the conversion happens twice - your payment and then the refund. 

the worst thing about this however, is that there's a fairly good chance that the customs officer looking at the import declarations will either simply take that higher tax estimate as fact (ie. no refund then from Amazon), or worse, include that tax withheld estimate as part of the landed cost (ie. part of taxable amount) -- essentially a tax on a tax :blink:. it doesn't happen often, but it can and has. so for my bigger purchases, i usually route it to consolidators/forwarders like Buyee so that actual taxes are computed upon arrival, rather than bloatedly estimated prior to shipment. domestic Japan shipping is normally free anyway for big companies like Amazon; so there's no loss there except time/delay. 

So what happens if it gets taxed? Do I pay Buyee or DHL (this is my preferred option) or do I have to go pick it up and pay in person? With Covid-19 around I don't want to go out (yes I think it will still be a concern next year.)