5 hours ago, VF-Zer0S said:

I wonder what’s taking NY on Voltron II? At this point it pulls be better to pre order from amazon

Voltron I.

Voltron II was Albegas.

Hey, I'm just the messenger. Take it up with Matchbox.

(That Voltron III wound up essentially BEING the franchise is a fact of some amusement to me.)

2 hours ago, JB0 said:

Voltron I.

Voltron II was Albegas.

Hey, I'm just the messenger. Take it up with Matchbox.

(That Voltron III wound up essentially BEING the franchise is a fact of some amusement to me.)

You right lol. Either way I’m about 2 days away from canceling my order with NY. Ridiculous of them to be this late. I don’t want this turn into another VF-31A 

• 4 weeks later...

So I have some extra Christmas cash, Vehicle Voltron is all the rage, but I've also ALWAYS wanted the Chogokin God Mars. I wasn't as financially stable when the original released, but now there's a fancy new repaint version out. Any recommends? God Mars GX-40R isn't exactly the colors I wanted, but it's the figure, and it comes with more then the original release, also, it's far cheaper then Vehicle Voltron at this point. Both look like excellent, well made modern combiner toys, so it's a tough call. 

44 minutes ago, Tking22 said:

So I have some extra Christmas cash, Vehicle Voltron is all the rage, but I've also ALWAYS wanted the Chogokin God Mars. I wasn't as financially stable when the original released, but now there's a fancy new repaint version out. Any recommends? God Mars GX-40R isn't exactly the colors I wanted, but it's the figure, and it comes with more then the original release, also, it's far cheaper then Vehicle Voltron at this point. Both look like excellent, well made modern combiner toys, so it's a tough call. 

IMO The GX-40R is more attractive than the Voltron.

1 hour ago, Tking22 said:

I think there's the answer right there, Tking. ;)

How much you like the God Mars than Vehicle Voltron? Which one has more attachment? Are you choosing between which one is made best as a combiner toy? Yes, the recent God Mars is not the color that you wanted, but does it really matter even if you buy it as long that you're going to 'have' a God Mars combiner?

How much would you save if you buy the God Mars now and save later for Vehicle Voltron? Or if you really wanted both, why not get the Vehicle Voltron now while the price is still affordable before it really goes beyond $400, and just get the God Mars later since that one is still cheaper?

56 minutes ago, sqidd said:

IMO The GX-40R is more attractive than the Voltron.

Agreed, it's a really impressive looking figure, and the package overall, with all the extra accessories, is pretty awesome. 

8 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

I think there's the answer right there, Tking. ;)

How much you like the God Mars than Vehicle Voltron? Which one has more attachment? Are you choosing between which one is made best as a combiner toy? Yes, the recent God Mars is not the color that you wanted, but does it really matter even if you buy it as long that you're going to 'have' a God Mars combiner?

How much would you save if you buy the God Mars now and save later for Vehicle Voltron? Or if you really wanted both, why not get the Vehicle Voltron now while the price is still affordable before it really goes beyond $400, and just get the God Mars later since that one is still cheaper?

I have no attachment to Vehicle Voltron, I only ever had Lion Voltron, so in all honesty, I could go without the Chogokin Vehicle Voltron in my collection, despite how impressive it looks, and be perfectly fine. God Mars I watched, and had, the only real drawback was the color, not entirely my cup of tea, but yeah, close enough to deal. 

So that's it, GX-40R God Mars it is! Kuma posted a few pics a while back and got me hooked on wanting one again, but his photos tend to do that with everything he photographs. 

6 minutes ago, Tking22 said:

Agreed, it's a really impressive looking figure, and the package overall, with all the extra accessories, is pretty awesome. 

I have no attachment to Vehicle Voltron, I only ever had Lion Voltron, so in all honesty, I could go without the Chogokin Vehicle Voltron in my collection, despite how impressive it looks, and be perfectly fine. God Mars I watched, and had, the only real drawback was the color, not entirely my cup of tea, but yeah, close enough to deal. 

So that's it, GX-40R God Mars it is! Kuma posted a few pics a while back and got me hooked on wanting one again, but his photos tend to do that with everything he photographs. 

Great choice sir! :good: 

Besides...

giphy.gif.59254b0869108feaaa9e75e0d8d5acf2.gif

^_^

Agreed. Go with your heart! However, I do have to mention that I think Vehicle Voltron is technically the better made toy. It's sturdier and has higher possibility. The GX-40R is an impressive looking piece but there have been reports of breakage where the arm robots break off from the main body. I don't know if this is from mishandling or if that connector is just too tight. I haven't even attempted to take mine apart. The bicep rotation is also very loose. It's beautiful if it's just 'standing there' though.

Despite this, always go with what you have the most attachment to. 

Very quick takes

- Good build. Lots of diecast and placed well.
- The articulation is really good; would have liked "true" double joints in the elbows and the backside of the crotch piece to have swing panels like the front to allow for backwards hip swing by default.
- Stupid simple, three minute transformation even hawking the instructions.
- Really good, clean look to it. For having so many vehicles especially.

A lot of the problems I've read between wobbliness, things coming apart, etc. I haven't even had. Not discrediting anyone but from my vantage point it feels like one that has objective things that could be better but those aren't even things that are being focused on vs. potential undeserved flack.

Will get the video review done tonight and posted tomorrow.

3-358.png

3 hours ago, hachi said:

Guys when do you think the new SOC Voltes V is coming out? My mind just can't rest if I don't have some kind of prediction of future expenses lol

Hahaha! :lol: Don't go right there yet, my friend. Don't spread some itchiness about when the release of Voltes V.

We need to save some first on the side and at the same time maintain a budget on existing orders. In case it's not going to happen, then atleast you have a handful of budget. :rolleyes:

But yeah. It would be nice to know first if it's really official and not just some 'event display only'. ^_^

Edited by no3Ljm

19 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Hahaha! :lol: Don't go right there yet, my friend. Don't spread some itchiness about when the release of Voltes V.

We need to save some first on the side and at the same time maintain a budget on existing orders. In case it's not going to happen, then atleast you have a handful of budget. :rolleyes:

But yeah. It would be nice to know first if it's really official and not just some 'event display only'. ^_^

Lol I'm not trying to spread some itchiness haha. I have actually decided to pause on some purchases just to save some extra. But then again I find something else to spend on haha. I'm going to be in a real bind if it will coincide with an HMR release that I would want. But I've wanted a SOC Voltes V ever since I saw the old releases that's why I'm so interested in this possible new release.

9 hours ago, hachi said:

Lol I'm not trying to spread some itchiness haha. I have actually decided to pause on some purchases just to save some extra. But then again I find something else to spend on haha. I'm going to be in a real bind if it will coincide with an HMR release that I would want. But I've wanted a SOC Voltes V ever since I saw the old releases that's why I'm so interested in this possible new release.

Same here. Being a Filipino, it's embarrassing to admit that the only Voltes V figure I have is the SoC FA release, and the recent released Action Toys mini combiner figure. For the price of the 40th Anniv SoC figure going for nowadays, I rather use that on the DX SoC one. That is assuming the price is going to be the same as the previous Combattler set.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/29/2020 at 11:56 AM, hachi said:

Oh, it's not Voltes V   *wallet is relieved* :lol:

Anyway, was the anime any good? First time I've heard of it.

It was a decent anime in my opinion, classic super robot action, a little dark in the beginning(the anime starts with the earth already destroyed and conquered by evil aliens). The fun fact about Mirai Robot Daltanias is that...it was supposed to be...Voltron. When the americans bought the series to turn it into their own western version they said "they wanted the one with the lion" and they meant Daltanias. They got Golion instead. I guess something got lost in translation!

14 hours ago, treatment said:

GX-91 Jaguar and Bear...

btw,  GX-91 Jaguar's drill can be turned, but does not spin freely. Unlike GX-06 Jaguar's.

Also, I used Sentinel's Getter-1 instead of GX-74 coz it's just damn better...

:bump:

Is the sentinel getter 1 in scale with the gx-91? Might do the same since I also prefer sentinel’s getter 1

46 minutes ago, whitestar said:

Is the sentinel getter 1 in scale with the gx-91? Might do the same since I also prefer sentinel’s getter 1

As my picture shows, close but not quite. 

It's about 1 to 2 scales smaller.  Especially if you're going by Getter-TV looks. 

However, it'll prolly be ok if you go by Armageddon-OVA looks.

Besides, fwiw, all the Getter anime employs anime-magic transformation/combination with sizing and scaling anyway...

:bump:

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

saw this at TD earlier.

GX-93 is Arcadia...

http://toysdaily.com/discuz/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=463668&pid=8127651

223307f1e473eiak5ce1d5.jpg.733f4f9e5e63df73756e4f29bcddd162.jpg

Seems like Bandai just recycled the GX-86's gimmick.

That said, since Bandai just luvs SOC ships... where the fugazi is the SOC SDF-1 TV, Bandai? 

:5: