So for those that have the Dragonzord, is there a way to collapse the chest closer to his body in fighting mode and I just missed it? Cause the front it looks pretty great, but from the side there is a big ass gap that looks pretty awful. As far as I can tell, the answer is no, especially since I haven't seen such a step covered in any videos. Still, it's really unsightly and pretty amateur hour for an SOC, even if it is still the best representation we are likely to ever get.

• 1 month later...

So HLJ got me again with their advertising. They've got some good stuff in the pre-owned section. Dunno how the prices compare to other places, but there you are if you're interested:

https://hlj.com/search/go?lbc=hobbylink&method=and&p=Q&ts=custom&uid=70293540&w=pre-owned items&cnt=30

I saw some kits, a Chogokin Gipsy Danger and Dragonzord and Grendizer, an HM(R?), some Gundam...

• 1 month later...

Well I doubt anyone remembers my post about the SDCC Megazord and how mine was missing ratchets in one of the shoulders. But, after nearly 5 months, I got my replacement Mammoth yesterday. The process was slow, but they totally came through for me. Now everything is nice and clicky and secure. Glad they were able to make this happen as the defect, while not the end of the world, did kind of rain on my parade a little.

The piece really is quite nice when combined with the Dragonzord, which is likely how it'll be displayed most of the time.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
3 hours ago, VF-Zer0S said:

It looks amazing from the front but that side profile has me worried. I’m such a sucker for things that combine and transform that I might overlook it. I hope Vehicle Voltron comes out after this

This is GX 87 and Vehicle Voltron is GX 88 if I remember correctly, so is not far away. ;) 

On 2/21/2019 at 6:51 AM, Alex GS said:

I really need to calm down about getting more Figures this year, I already have a bunch of expensive PO waiting to be paid in the near future, but then Bandai shows this:

Soul of Chogokin Getter Emperor 24840 Yen , 7 / 29 Release date

image.png.7d7855a60b121991aec44b22a3596869.png 

FancyRespectfulGreendarnerdragonfly-size

https://www.taghobby.com/archives/350711

;) 

6 hours ago, Alex GS said:

So in July it releases :

* DX VF 31E Chuck

* Soul of Chogokin Lion Voltron

* Soul of Chogokin Getter Emperor 

ouch! :vava:

You missed the 2nd batch release of MB Astraea + Proto GN. Just in case you're getting one from the 2nd batch preorder. ^_^

Yup. June/July is an expensive month. :cray:

On 2/24/2019 at 1:50 PM, kanedaestes said:

See my grail is having a fully transforming getter with all modes. Studio Halfeye was close but that was over a decade ago. That a new Escaflowne and the Bismarck/ Ramrod from Saber Rider from Bandai

I'm waiting to see a modern Ramrod chogokin as well. As far as I know there is only the old transforming figure. He should be fairly easy to make compared to a lot of other transforming robots. I hope they make the Star Sheriffs vehicles as well.

15 hours ago, JetJockey said:

I'm waiting to see a modern Ramrod chogokin as well. As far as I know there is only the old transforming figure. He should be fairly easy to make compared to a lot of other transforming robots. I hope they make the Star Sheriffs vehicles as well.

Yeah Ramrod/Bismarck is basically a shellformer.  Looks great with SoC stuff but could use an update.  

What we need is a new Getter anime.  It's been too long since New Getter Robo and it's time traveling Oni weirdness.