If you look at alot of obari's mech design, it's not that the pelvic is always thrusting out it as he draws the waist smaller than normal and usually draws the pelvic area bigger to give  it a more dynamic feel to which he's know for. I think you either love his art or don't but I think when it comes to mech designs he is the man.

52 minutes ago, ZorClone said:

Is there some reason I should know?  (okay, I googled it... yuck)

I'm certain there are more heroic stances for you to choose from but whatever, it's your camera lol.

Same to you. Personally I could go through and nitpick picture after picture from pose to framing to whatever but... I don't. Guess it's one of those situations to where a hobo can make fun of a millionaire all day and no one bats an eye but if the millionaire says something back he's a "jerk." **shrug**

1 hour ago, ZorClone said:

Seriously?  There is absolutely no reason for you to overreact like that.  My comments were not without levity, thus not meant to be taken seriously or as derogatory.  Your pics are good, and I have never suggested otherwise.

I'm not trying to be "funny" but I literally didn't say anything crass to you in response to you being smart/passive-aggressive with photography/posing jabs (which is more than fine,) so I can't even make up a reason for you to have said I've overreacted in any way, shape or form. To each their own and it's unfortunate that you took me saying that I'm **not** going to be critical of the photography of others as... a negative? 

45 minutes ago, JB0 said:

Sometimes you just gotta show off the lugnuts, ya know?

I chuckled. 

-------------------------------------------------------------

Just to break up photo spamming what Super or Real Robot "gokin" toys are you guys looking forward to? I preordered Black Sarena from Sentinel but man the booster being a seperate exclusive actually kind of peeved me off because $500 is just nuts.

Edited by Kuma Style

LOL I didn't know the Obari pose was a thing. He has this Robot Soul artbook that I would like to buy some day (after my other wants are satisfied of course). I'm not that into super robots so pardon the ignorance. (Now I got pose ideas :lol:)

I'm totally looking forward to Voltes V FA. There are other SOCs I am probably interested in (ex. Gipsy Danger) but SOC prices are usually out of reach for me. My focus is on Macross toys and I have space problems anyway...

5 hours ago, hachi said:

LOL I didn't know the Obari pose was a thing. He has this Robot Soul artbook that I would like to buy some day (after my other wants are satisfied of course). I'm not that into super robots so pardon the ignorance. (Now I got pose ideas :lol:)

I'm totally looking forward to Voltes V FA. There are other SOCs I am probably interested in (ex. Gipsy Danger) but SOC prices are usually out of reach for me. My focus is on Macross toys and I have space problems anyway...

I think I've seen that Obari pose on Gundams as well. And TBH, I just found out about 'Obari pose' today. ^_^

And yeah, Voltes V really runs in every Filipino's veins. Would love to have a combiner one but this F.A. version will do for my first Voltes figure. Until Bandai decides to announce a DX SoC Voltes V. :rolleyes:

Edited by no3Ljm

Kuma,

On 4/17/2018 at 12:02 PM, Kuma Style said:

If you don't know Obari posing then I don't even know what to say to ya'.

• That's fairly condescending.  You could easily have taken that moment to think "ah, well maybe he's actually ignorant and just doesn't know where it comes from" (indeed I was) and then share your inspiration and where it comes from and it's history, pedigree, and relationship to the super robot genre in general.  Obviously, based on several comments above, I'm not the only one who didn't know about Obari.  When I said "I'm certain there are more heroic stances to choose from" I meant that literally.. more as in quantity, rather than quality.
22 hours ago, Kuma Style said:

Same to you. Personally I could go through and nitpick picture after picture from pose to framing to whatever but... I don't. Guess it's one of those situations to where a hobo can make fun of a millionaire all day and no one bats an eye but if the millionaire says something back he's a "jerk." **shrug**

• I don't "go through and nitpick picture after picture from pose to framing to whatever" either.  I wasn't nitpicking anything.  I observed that you did something different, even saying that I appreciated it.  Your photos are absolutely beautiful in every sense of the art but if someone points out the humor in something you like to do, that's not the same as a criticism, so relax.
  • Your hobo/millionaire implications there... to me, that was pretty rude, and I was never making fun of you.  I've never made fun of anyone on this board.  Yes, I joked about the pose you use (calling it a "thrusting pelvic pose") in the way JB0 and many others have before but that wasn't to make fun of you, bro.  The intent was that you could laugh about it with me just as you told JB0 "I chuckled."  That's all I was going for.
15 hours ago, Kuma Style said:

I'm not trying to be "funny" but I literally didn't say anything crass to you in response to you being smart/passive-aggressive with photography/posing jabs (which is more than fine,) so I can't even make up a reason for you to have said I've overreacted in any way, shape or form. To each their own and it's unfortunate that you took me saying that I'm **not** going to be critical of the photography of others as... a negative? 

• I never said you were trying to be funny..  What do you mean?  As far as you saying something crass, see my last point above..
  • Again, calling what I said as "smart/passive-aggressive" is an overreaction to a joke that was intended to get a laugh from you.  I don't even know what you mean with your last sentence.  I said nothing whatsoever along those lines.  Literally the last thing I said was "Your pics are good, and I have never suggested otherwise."

@ZorClone At this point I think you're the one "overreacting" and I'm not going to repeat the same thing 15 ways (because your response indicates a significant amount of misreading) and literally spam up the thread with off-topic nonsense for the sake of humoring it. You said what you said, and I responded in turn which seems to have put you in some sort of adverse state. If you'd like to respond for the sake of having last word though; it's all yours.

-----------------------------------

Back to topic: In terms of Obari mecha, one that really gets overlooked (IMO) is Orgun and personally I feel that it shares some design similarities with Tekkaman which I **believe** released in a similar time frame. Personally, I've always thought it was a superior design and really wish it saw more love in terms of collectibles. 

Product used below is the Sentinel Riobot 09. I'd love a diecast one that was a bit larger in scale but I think this may be the best we ever get :(.

1glow-15.png

------------------------------------------------------------

Another piece that I'm really looking forward to and in fact comes tomorrow is the Sentinel Riobot Mospeada. I'm reading some reports about q.c. issues though so I'm kind of waiting with "baited breath" as I think the term goes.

Here are a couple of lesser-known Chogokin pieces but I'm sure at least some of you guys are familiar with the mecha Racaseal from Phantasy Star Online. Here are the Regular and "dark" versions. Honestly these have some of the best and most useful diecast placement I've seen on a Gokin piece as it sincerely helps with the balancing; particularly on the Dark variant and her large umbrella:

2-209.png

47 minutes ago, ZorClone said:

Did you or did you not refer to me as a "hobo making fun of a millionaire" ?

As someone on the sidelines, my advice is to let it go. I'm not even sure what it is you are arguing at this point.

But art is subjective. That much I do understand, and if you don't want to understand and appreciate a new technique perhaps the best solution is to focus on those techniques you do understand and appreciate. No matter what you do, though, you won't be able to force the artist to change his gig.

Edited by technoblue
rewrite

1 hour ago, ZorClone said:

Did you or did you not refer to me as a "hobo making fun of a millionaire" ?

Nope. It was a very general statement referring to no one in particular besides MYSELF and what I'd come off as being critical. Again; your response had such a significant amount of things misread/ill-comprehended that it wasn't even worth a response because it'd be an equally over-elongated post of me doing just this, repeating and breaking everything I've previously written; and that point it's just treading water for honestly no reason besides spam. This is my last response as I won't even see anything further of yours. You were not at all insulted or treated rudely even in response to you having been both. In fact when you posted pictures a few pages back I believe I was pretty nice and tried to be encouraging because at the end of the day that's why I'm here. I collect bots, love seeing people's bots, and love talking about them and the series which they come from. All of that arguing and all-mighty nonsense is for the birds.

15 hours ago, technoblue said:

As someone on the sidelines, my advice is to let it go. I'm not even sure what it is you are arguing at this point.

I never was trying to argue anything at all.  He made passive-aggressive insinuations that I was both making fun of him, and nitpicking his work after I made a joke about the pose he likes.  It was meant in good fun and not at all to be taken seriously hence the emoji I used.

15 hours ago, technoblue said:

But art is subjective. That much I do understand, and if you don't want to understand and appreciate a new technique perhaps the best solution is to focus on those techniques you do understand and appreciate. No matter what you do, though, you won't be able to force the artist to change his gig.

Yes, it is subjective.  I appreciate his preferred technique just fine but I also think he has made use of other great techniques as well which I thought would be cool to see more of.  He mentioned encouraging me when I posted my own pics, which he did.  My own intent was just to encourage more use of what I would call his more impressive efforts at posing figures, but he got defensive about it.  I guess he felt that was "nit picking" but that was not my intent.  I have no interest in forcing anyone to do anything.

But hey, I'm glad that he put me on ignore.  If someone thinks amicably solving a miscommunication isn't worth their time then I'd rather not talk to them either.

Now that we've all been told that telling someone something very clearly/straightforward is "passive aggressive" amongst a litany of other word-twisting, I'm getting this back on track.

Here's a couple of preliminary photos of the Sentinel 1.12 Stig (Mospeada.) This is a diecast piece in terms of the bike/armor and the figure is fully-articulated as well. I have yet to transform it as there are a lot of more fragile-looking parts; 

4-183.png 

1-280.png 

2-210.png 

3-197.png

5-183.png

7 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Love the photos, Kuma. ;) 

No offense though, but so you know this release is not part of any Soul of Chogokin line. :rolleyes:

Not offended. I asked earlier and was told that this although SOC in title was a diecast general thread. :rolleyes:

F043A587-EA20-409A-A11E-06BF211CFB16.gif   Regarding the drama.  F043A587-EA20-409A-A11E-06BF211CFB16.gif  I’m reminded of the Star Trek:TNG episode Darmok.  One guy’s trying to speak and the other guy responds in metaphor.   Neither is wrong but one of you guys are going to get shanked by the invisible beast while your crews are watching eating popcorn in orbit.  

So Solomons ruling:

zorclone:   He didn’t mean anything with re/“Obari much?”   It’s meant jokingly in the same manner as “yo brah, do you even lift?” That you might get in the locker room. 

Kumastyle: no more hobo remarks.  That one was pretty insulting.  All you had to say was something along the lines of “sorry dude. Crotch thrusting is a style that’s famous in Japan.  Popularized by Obari’s figures and mechanical designs.”  And leave it at that.  

We we all good now?  Good.  

Oh and lastly,  this is SoC thread.  Main character/hero is ROBOT, metal robot.   If it’s a soft and squishy human candy with a hard metal coating Stik (snort) it in the figure thread(ShFiguarts/figma/maxfactory/Yamaguchi revoltech - whatever it’s called now).  

Edit to avoid Darmok: if it’s an organic hero wearing armor clothing then figure thread.   Stuff like SoC Mazinger stay here cause the hero is Mazinger not the tiny 1g Kabuto Koji that you’ll find in the box.  

4 hours ago, hachi said:

Why is this so expensive? I'm not familiar with Sentinel stuff though.

Paint, engineering and maybe die-cast?

it is over priced don’t get me wrong, however it’s one of the best companies to make niche items of your favorite series. I’m seriously surprised sentinel hasn’t jumped on the macross series. I’d love to see what they can do to the -19 in particular

Amiami has the pre order up for cheaper. Price is higher  mainly because it's a perfect transformation and this is the first god gravion figure to ever come out that transforms, to me this is a Grail piece that can't come soon enough.

@Dangard Ace - Thanks for the clarification on diecast human figures; robbits only from here on out. As for the "hobo" remark; I don't know the user or his actual lifestyle and it was a metaphor regarding a skill set in a particular area (photography.) I feel that people in general should really focused on the aesthetic value of their own works before demeaning that of others.

------------------------------------------------

Preordered the heck out of Gravion and thanks again @dragonstar1982 for the heads up. You're a rockstar.

7 hours ago, dragonstar1982 said:

Amiami has the pre order up for cheaper. Price is higher  mainly because it's a perfect transformation and this is the first god gravion figure to ever come out that transforms, to me this is a Grail piece that can't come soon enough.

8 hours ago, VF-Zer0S said:

Paint, engineering and maybe die-cast?

it is over priced don’t get me wrong, however it’s one of the best companies to make niche items of your favorite series. I’m seriously surprised sentinel hasn’t jumped on the macross series. I’d love to see what they can do to the -19 in particular

Must be all those rea$on$ then :D

5 hours ago, dragonstar1982 said:

After Dancouga, Baikanfu,  and now Gravion, there is no reason at all why they can't make a Dangaio figure since obari has done artwork for that mech as well

True Dat! 

The Studio Halfeye is a grail and so expensive! 

Lets get some Eacaflowne love Bandai or Sentinel. Sentinel does make the best capes though

7 hours ago, VF-Zer0S said:

True Dat! 

The Studio Halfeye is a grail and so expensive! 

Lets get some Eacaflowne love Bandai or Sentinel. Sentinel does make the best capes though

I would love to have the studio halfeye version but their is no way I could drop the 3k on it.