13 minutes ago, treatment said:

Welp!   Here we go.  New SOC line from Bandai.                                                                                                                 

Soul of Chogokin Obari FA (Full Action) line:                                                                                                                        

from td:                                                                                                                                                       

http://toysdaily.com/discuz/thread-271210-1-1.html  

210607pnxbzqcwwi9nidcg.jpg
210607c9ubknwwn79zu0m7.jpg
210608c45q0r5d044pq5bj.jpg
210608mu4qfoo0hggujtgt.jpg
210609dsqu1zzso0e00uoz.jpg

Woot! Voltes V and Daimos! :wub:

I'm definitely IN for those two!!! And it looks like it comes with a display base stand. :good: ;) 

I wonder if this is same size and height of the SRC line? Or it's somewhere between SRC and SOC size? Hmmm. Either way, I'm still going to get these two. ^_^ 

Edited by no3Ljm

15 hours ago, treatment said:

Welp!   Here we go.  New SOC line from Bandai.                                                                                                                 

Soul of Chogokin Obari FA (Full Action) line:                                                                                                                        

from td:                                                                                                                                                       

http://toysdaily.com/discuz/thread-271210-1-1.html  

I think all Filipino chogokin/super robot collectors collectively creamed their pants at this.

3 hours ago, JB0 said:

PELVIC THRUSTS FOR EVERYONE!

Seriously, there is a point where it stops being dynamic posing and becomes "Everyone check out my crotch". Daitarn and Daimos are both well past that point.

Hey, someone had to say it.

Iirc, Daitarn's a bit of a goofy as heck bot and anime, so making and getting him to do Obari-pose is unintended comedy gold. Especially that ridiculous over-pelvic-thrusting.

Maybe Bandai should just commission Obari to do a new Daitarn-anime.

and call it Space Dandy Daitarn!

:bump:

18cm is just right. ^_^ The only thing I don't like is the 'gundam-styled' waist split armor. I understand the need to do it so to make those dynamic pose. But I grew up watching them not doing too much dynamic poses. Just sayin'.

But at the end of the end, I'm still IN. This is an opportunity for me to own these two for the first time until Bandai decides to announce DX Soc Voltes V and Daimos. ;)

Opened my GX-48K today, very lovely finish. Joints are much better than my old version. Feet still flop down when you lift the figure. The finish however is nothing like the Max Gokin. This is more like a matt rough finish, the Max Gokin was actually textured like wrought iron. Also the chrome on GX-48 has been replaced by more of a satin finish. Im very happy with it and have no regrets about replacing my old GX-48 with this one. I like the fact that the option parts all come neatly arranged in a plastic tray. The old GX-48 option parts set had a bunch of parts in baggies and that bugs me :p

28410471619_b2ce466746_c.jpg

40157792112_1ce32ce3db_c.jpg

39479044794_bbd9b5ce4a_c.jpg

25318998387_7a85bae682_c.jpg

With this new Full Action line they have to get to more of the unmade robots now. I can't see them not making a perfect Lion Voltron in this line. Perhaps that might open the door for accurate lions too. Iczer-Robo would fit in with this line as well.

I still want transformable versions of Dangaio, Saber Rider Ramrod, Mighty Orbots, and that Southern Cross Hovertank. But I would take a non-transforming Dangaio which would be better than the old Revoltech. I'm surprised they didn't tease Dangaio and Iczer-Robo already, it would have been nice to see some teaser artwork.

On 2/10/2018 at 6:05 PM, anubis20 said:

Opened my GX-48K today, very lovely finish. Joints are much better than my old version. Feet still flop down when you lift the figure. The finish however is nothing like the Max Gokin. This is more like a matt rough finish, the Max Gokin was actually textured like wrought iron. Also the chrome on GX-48 has been replaced by more of a satin finish. Im very happy with it and have no regrets about replacing my old GX-48 with this one. I like the fact that the option parts all come neatly arranged in a plastic tray. The old GX-48 option parts set had a bunch of parts in baggies and that bugs me :p

28410471619_b2ce466746_c.jpg

40157792112_1ce32ce3db_c.jpg

39479044794_bbd9b5ce4a_c.jpg

25318998387_7a85bae682_c.jpg

I have the orginal and Its awesome

4 hours ago, treatment said:

hacchaka's GX-77 pictorial is up:

http://blog.livedoor.jp/hacchaka/archives/52021070.html

samples:

23 minutes ago, Tking22 said:

Looks good! I actually cancelled mine at BBTS, I officially decided to bow out on these Chogokin Jaegers, I already have the monster 18" NECA releases, I don't feel like double dipping on the same mecha in another, more expensive line.

Agreed, looks awesome! I also cancelled an order for the GX-77 at BBTS, but it was for budgetary reasons, I still have my order at HLJ which I can't wait to get my hands on.

-b.

On 2/24/2018 at 12:25 PM, ZorClone said:

Whaaaaaaaaaat!  They're doing SOC of all the original jaegers?  Ouch my wallet..

God damn it, I knew I shouldn't have come into this thread...

Some of the cameo designs, too? Maybe the unused ones, too? Pretty pretty please?

Ok.

First impressions on the SOC GX-77...

Good:

-- It's heavy.

-- It's damn metal! At least in places like chest, collar, inner joints, pelvis and inner frame, I think. Some panels (front thighs/shin) are metal.  Rest are hard plastic.

-- Waist/torso joints are tight right now out of the box.

-- Thigh pistons move when you bend the knees.

-- Wings (shoulder and back) movable.

-- Shoulder Wings swing in and out.

-- small back wings pegs into a ball joint connector.

-- Great coloring.

-- Great balance.

-- Excellent shelf presence.

Not quite so good:

-- quite panel-y. lots of panels/paneling.

-- limited neck movements/articulation. Look Up is ok. Look-down is limited. Can't really turn head to look sideways. (head is completely removable, tho).

-- Elbow-Rocket is not spring-loaded. Just simple extensible elbow/arm feature.

-- will really need to swing the shoulder-wings out when articulating the shoulders, as accidental breakage may occur coz of the bad stuff below.

Bad:

-- Shoulder-Wings have a tiny connector-joint. Looks delicate and easily breakable by accident. Be mindful of it!

Other observations:

-- Barely any clicky sounds. Knee, underarm, and pelvic joints kinda make some very soft pseudo-clicky sounds.

Edited by treatment

Is that Crimson Typhoon a 3D printed piece? Some areas have the layered look of a 3D printed piece. If so it is impressive how much this technology evolved in the last few years.