• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I can swear there was a super robot chogokin thread on macross world but i cannot find it anywhere, so i apologize for posting this in the wrong thread but does anyone have any info on the SRC Godannar that was shown at a toy show over a year ago?

Still in the works? Canceled? Thanks for any info.

I can swear there was a super robot chogokin thread on macross world but i cannot find it anywhere, so i apologize for posting this in the wrong thread but does anyone have any info on the SRC Godannar that was shown at a toy show over a year ago?

Still in the works? Canceled? Thanks for any info.

I thought this was the catch-all thread for non-macross Chogokins.

At any rate, haven't come across anything about SRC Godannar. I'm still waiting for the SRC God Mars that they'd shown/teased alongside SRC God Sigma.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Yeah. Some of you may remember that old fan-custom Gekiganger-3 based on the GX-01.

Wotafa somehow procured it and put up a video review (in japanese, of course).

He even compared it to the new GX-70, among others.

No english-subs, but it's all good.

Actually looks very nice!  :wub:

C'mon, Bandai!  WTF is holding up SOC Gekiganger?!  :angry:

Edited by treatment

I hate how most of these Youtube reviewers don't push in the locking tabs all the way and complain about it not being secure. It's one thing if a random forum poster does it, but these guys are professional reviewers and it's really misleading. 

Granted, it is a bit hard at first locking them in (I thought my finger nails were going to break off), but after a few tries you get used to how to position them and they lock in all the way super easily. 

Another thing that makes me cringe is them not taking the red and green lions' tails off when combining. 

Anyway, I'm eagerly awaiting a video of a hands on with SOC Daizyujin, or at the very least some pics with the knees bent. Because that's my biggest worry, since we haven't been shown how the knees work in terms of articulation.

But here's an up close video of it. Would sure be great if someone could get some shots from behind to see those knees (Insert Junichi from Amagami SS :p)

The latest box of goodies from HLJ contains the SRC Great Mazinger Kurogane Finish which I tossed into the order at a whim. He is super tiny. I've imagined he is much bigger and it was a bit of a surprise when opening the package.  The box has the dimensions of an S.H.Figuarts action figure. 

He is an awesome fun toy and much fun to fiddle with. The Brain Condor is super tiny but well painted. Now I need to get the regular Mazinger release with the Kurogane Finish the next time I shop with Mandarake or Jungle. 

Does anyone know if a Mazinkaiser is planned in that line or wich Mazinkaiser would go well with the Kurogane line. I now need all three of them. :D

I only have the SRCs of the main three mechas from GaoGaiGar which are much bigger and heftier than this Great Mazinger. Are the other releases in the SRC line more like the Mazinger or more like the GGG mecha?

AFAIK there is no SRC Kurogane Mazinkaiser in the works, the closest thing out there is the superalloy Z color version which has a chromed look to it. As for other SRC recommendations, Shin Getter 1 is probably my favorite of the bunch. I've also heard Gunbuster is good, though I don't have one.

On 2/18/2017 at 11:05 PM, treatment said:

Damn :ohmy:. I haven't watch Mazinger and don't know much about the history with the mecha. But I have always been drawn to Mazinkaiser despite the lack of connection to the character. Now I don't know if I should hunt down a Sentinel Mazinkaiser or wait for this one. 

On 3/1/2017 at 2:53 PM, General Rasp said:

Damn :ohmy:. I haven't watch Mazinger and don't know much about the history with the mecha. But I have always been drawn to Mazinkaiser despite the lack of connection to the character. Now I don't know if I should hunt down a Sentinel Mazinkaiser or wait for this one. 

You should give Mazinkaiser a watch then, sure some knowledge of the previous series would help but I think it works fine on its own.

I kind of hate GX-70 Mazinger Z. The leg movement is really limited with the default due to the front crotch piece. The I wish the hip joints extended down like the SRC version. As it is now, the only way to get any leg movement is to use the alternate front crotch piece that looks like a thong.

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Sandman said:

Is there a English website to keep up on SOC news? I'm wondering if they ever plan to do the orginal Arcadia. Has there been any news on this? 

Not that I know of.

Of course, I don't actively seek such sites as I usually just check the usual jp/chn hobby-sites/forums aggregates like TD and TH, and the official tamashii.jp site for news and stuff.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, UN Spacy said:

SOC Gypsy Danger in the works. 

Saw that Saturday on Instagram :ph34r:.

Really excited for this as well - if it's priced no more than $ 200-$300 then I'm in, but I'm guessing it'll be on the pricier side of that estimate.

-b.

I remember getting excited when I read Bandai/Tamashii got the license to Pacific Rim, I figured they'd do smaller scale, Robot Spirits or something, but this works! Kind of out of left field too, I don't remember hearing of any kinds of rumors or teases for this.

Also, I'm insanely pumped for Megazord! I'm waiting on the Bluefin release, I gotta get me that sweet, sweet MMPR packaging sleeve!

On 2/26/2017 at 6:44 AM, treatment said:

Wotafa reviews old school diecast-goodness Popy Godaikin DX Combattra!

:hail:

:bump:

I had that as a kid, my father bought it for my 7th or 8th Birthday. Loved that toy. I'm a huge Combattler V fan.