Got these on some lightning sale at amzn a couple or so days ago, and got delivered today.

fsWbAKal.jpg

Am not even a fan of it, but for US$37 each, it's all good...

B))

Man....if you were in Canada i'd trade you an almost mint SoC Zambot (displayed only) and a used slightly battle damaged SoC Dancougar straight up for 1 of those.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sure! I'll set some up when I get home from work later.

Cool thanks! If you happen to have either of the Space Battleship Yamato releases I'd love to see some comparisons. ;)

Chris

I apologize for gushing, but I have to say it. The Arcadia is one cool ship and the GX-67 is a fantastic addition to the Soul of Chogokin Space Battleship line up. For those of you into Harlock or the Leijiverse in general this release will be a treat. My first impression was of the box: it's taller and longer than the GX-64 Yamato that came out before it.

post-5492-0-58198700-1421121510_thumb.png

Like the Yamato, the Arcadia comes with a black plastic base plate and two types of molded stand attachments for displaying the piece. One style offers up an action pose with the Arcadia seemingly blasting off to points unknown. The other style keeps everything level.

post-5492-0-25611200-1421121858_thumb.png

Sadly, the Arcadia does not come with any of its snub fighters often featured in the TV series. Those would have been a neat addition. All is not lost, though, since you can display Maetel's ride, the Galaxy Express 999 alongside instead. Also, like the Yamato, other notable gimmicks on the GX-67 are movable gun turrets, light up LEDs, and a remote that triggers multiple sound effects. That said, I do think the GX-64 has more included gimmicks than the GX-67.

post-5492-0-31359700-1421122219_thumb.png

From stem to stern, the Yamato and the Arcadia are almost the same length. I think the Arcadia's poop deck may have a few millimeters on the Yamato's wave motion engine (and it's certainly longer with the Jolly Roger pegged in), but I don't have any exact measurements. The two ships do look good together. Note the sharp pointy bits in the pic below aft of the conning tower. Those are delicate pieces to be aware of, and they like to catch on loose threads of clothing. :o

post-5492-0-23871200-1421122552_thumb.png

Two characteristics that are hard to miss are the Arcadia's girth and wing span. The svelte Yamato is dwarfed by both. Almost the entire bow of the Arcadia is made out of die-cast metal. This little ship has some weight to it.

post-5492-0-14850900-1421122643_thumb.png

And finally here's a parting shot amidships with a Hershy Hug for reference.

post-5492-0-69040100-1421122761_thumb.png

Cook thanks for the review. I hope this sold well enough to see the blue Arcadia get released.

What is the scale difference between the Yamato and Arcadia?

You're welcome! Getting the original blue Arcadia (even as the Deathshadow) would be great.

The Yamato is about 425mm and the Arcadia is about 470mm, with everything attached. I'm not sure how that translates into scale, though.

Awesome! Thanks for the compairison pics. Strange how, like the Andromeda, under gunned the Arcadia is compared to Yamato.

Chris

Sure thing! Yeah, only three gun and three missile batteries compared to the Yamato's "porcupine" defenses. I almost thought that this set would come with the bayonet battering ram that was a hallmark of the blue Arcadia, but I guess it didn't make the cut for accessories. And another gimmick that I was almost expecting was an LED gimmick for the skull and crossbones on the bow. But this is more accurate to the animation than the CGI movie, and I don't recall glowing skull eyes outside of the film.

Thanks for the review technoblue..hopefully it gets discounted to 13,000 yen like the GX-64 was.

Yeah, this would be a wicked deal at that price.

Christmas in January! Mr. "I can't deal with it right now!" vs "HELL! and HEAVEN!"

Obviously, this ends with Gaogaigar ripping the Matrix out of Ultra Magnus and holding it up over his head as Magnus explodes, right?

Wait, would that make the Big G into Galvatron?

Edited by JB0

I apologize for gushing, but I have to say it. The Arcadia is one cool ship and the GX-67 is a fantastic addition to the Soul of Chogokin Space Battleship line up. For those of you into Harlock or the Leijiverse in general this release will be a treat. My first impression was of the box: it's taller and longer than the GX-64 Yamato that came out before it.

Dammit, why are you making me want more stuff? Thanks for the review and pics!

Dammit, why are you making me want more stuff? Thanks for the review and pics!

Hey, you're welcome, Valkyrie Hunter D! But don't take my word for it, here's a quote from Captain Harlock himself: :p

"You may not think much of it, but if you are a true man, you'll come aboard the Arcadia. And you'll fight with us under the flag of freedom."