Macross Fan Creations

yellowlightman

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Just wanted to let everyone know that Macross Fan Creations will be closing down within the next couple of weeks. At this point I think everyone's moved on as activity on the site has been incredibly slow the past year, but I figured I'd give you guys a heads up.

Thanks

Hey man, sorry for catching this late. Thanks Sean, It's been damn cool of you to hold the drawings in your site for all these years. Looking back now, I have nothing but pleasant memories of the fanworks forum as well as everyone who got involved.

• 11 months later...

I'll let you guys decide. Four pics total so far showing the 'evolution' of this picture from initial sketch, to inked, to Photoshopped, to touched up. Now I'm just working on small little details for the cockpit but I'm at a mental block.

Anyone have any ideas as to how I can pull off so it'll look GOOD as being the cockpit of the VF-22 (And yes, the VF-22 specifically, since it's for a fan project I've been working on, definitely not a fanfic... more like a full-blown fan novel). :blink:

I've tried multiple sketches of the cockpit layout for the background... and I am just NOT HAPPY. Of course, if anyone else here has any pics that show the cockpit of the VF-22 in high res to give me something to go off of, since Google Searches have been less than fruitfull... ;) Oh, and your feedback is always welcome good or bad. And yes, the third and fourth pic are different in details. Darker screens probably won't notice it. Brighter screens should definitely notice the differences in Flight Suit detail, the glimpse of a name patch, the change over the left eye (laser projected grid, homage to the first Roy Fokker combat scene in Macross Zero Episode 1, etc.)

001.jpg

001copy.jpg

002copy.jpg

003copy.jpg

• 5 weeks later...