2nd Macross Design Works Book

nathan

It would be nice if Kawamori re-released his Design Works book again , many other books get released over the years but the Design Works book is very limited now and hasn´t been re-released.

Edit: In the other hand it would be a waste if there wasn´t a significant number of additions such as the M0 mechas and other stuff , but if they just re-released the same book it would be a blessing nonetheless, the price tag on that bible is now $40 minimum :(

Edited by Aegis!

It would be nice if Kawamori re-released his Design Works book again , many other books get released over the years but the Design Works book is very limited now and hasn´t been re-released.

Edit: In the other hand it would be a waste if there wasn´t a significant number of additions such as the M0 mechas and other stuff , but if they just re-released the same book it would be a blessing nonetheless, the price tag on that bible is now $40 minimum :(

That´d be great!

I have the Macross Design Works and the Perfect Memory, a MDW2 with new material such as the M0 mechas would be perfect.

How about re-releasing the Gold Book? (must get it :angry: )

The second Macross design book contains all the work done by Kazutaka Miyatake.

That means designs for all the ships from Macross, Macross Plus, Macross 7 & etc.

That means designs for all the ships from Macross, Macross Plus, Macross 7 & etc.

Does this book exist? Or are you saying it would be a good idea? (because I would want it)

I saw a non Macross Kawamori Design book at F & S last time I was there.

That's what I heard as well, although I think it was also supposed to have all the mecha not included in the first book as well.

What I'd love to see is a three ring binder and have them come out with packets for each show/game that would include sketches, pre-production and every single angle view drawn for each item or barring something like this have several different books one covering each of these areas.

Variable

Other mecha

ships

weapons and gadgets

characters

places

Heya,

Does anyone have the skinny on what the second book would be about? I read some rumor stuff but i was curious if there was any more official info, or if anyone had some solid behind the scenes info. Just curious...

Roycommi

mostly Kazutaka Miyatake work including the mentioned ships

and DESTRIODS

I have a copy that only came out a year or two ago. Is it really that hard to get? If we are talking about a book that isn't old at all. Was it only printed in limited numbers? I believe you, I'm just surprised, is all.

Also, my local comic store has the Design Works book for Kawamori's work on cars from a series whose name I can't remember (Formula something?). Does anyone know if that would be worth picking up?

The 2nd book was more than rumor. It was advertised on the back of the belf of the Kawamori book. It was called "Miyatake Kazutaka Macross and Orguss Design Works", and was supposed to come by winter 2001 (oh, crap).

By the name of the book you can tell it was to include the ships, destroids and zentradi stuff done by Miyatake. Too bad it was obviously scrapped :-(

The 2nd book was more than rumor. It was advertised on the back of the belf of the Kawamori book. It was called "Miyatake Kazutaka Macross and Orguss Design Works", and was supposed to come by winter 2001 (oh, crap).

By the name of the book you can tell it was to include the ships, destroids and zentradi stuff done by Miyatake. Too bad it was obviously scrapped :-(

yeah, I asked about that a while back on the old forums. Nobody knew anything about it. If it does come out, I'ma get it for sure! I'm planning on checking the japanese bookstore to find out if there's any new macross books coming out. I'll let you all know.

there's actually bootleg copies of these. I found a bunch of these in LA for 20 bucks. I know for sure those are bootlegs. I don't know if they still have any, but if they don't they usually get more in. I think it's still on ebay as well, and selling for 20 to 30 bucks. Here's one now:

design works on ebay

:p:D:lol:

well, for one thing, the print quality is a little lower than than the original. Some of the pictures are brighter than the others. Stuff like that. The bootlegs usually use a cheaper quality paper to print out the bookcovers from what I've seen. And the biggest difference is of course the price. I always say if the price is too good to be true then it's a bootleg. The average cost of this book should be 40 bucks. I bought mine straight from a japanese bookstore. Anything less is a bootleg, unless it's a used one, but yeah.....

Egan Loo mentioned the book at MWCon3, he gave the impression that it was still forth coming. So don't give up hope yet!

• 6 months later...
Then someone must die.

You don't mean that, do you?

And talk about reviving an old thread! :p:D:lol:

Edited by BoBe-Patt

Well the first book was delayed a long time so I figure this one would be too but it's been a long time. I sure hope it's not cancelled. :( If it is cancelled maybe it's because they couldn't fit all of the Orguss and Macross Designs into one book???

...It was called "Miyatake Kazutaka Macross and Orguss Design Works", and was supposed to come by winter 2001 (oh, crap)....

Forgive me for being the Orguss fan, but I couldn't help but say something.

If this book existed, it would explain where some Orguss line art came from.

I believe those lineart pix you got came from the orguss this is animation special series type books. There were two in the series. I might pic both of these up later this week as I know where to buy them. I remember seeing those lineart pix in those books.