a macross series about the UN NAVY??

Lightning

I was thinking, all of the macross series' shown so far have been just the UN Spacy, why not do one on the UN Air Force, Marines, or Navy? i mean, would it basically change the story at all to do one on those other branches??

I was thinking, all of the macross series' shown so far have been just the UN Spacy, why not do one on the UN Air Force, Marines, or Navy? i mean, would it basically change the story at all to do one on those other branches??

Macross Zero is UN Spacey?

Most people from Macross comes from other branches and then move to the Spacey. Shin is from the Navy, Katie is from the Marines. I think its just that the UN Spacey gets the VF's.

It's not logical for UN Spacey to operate VF-0s, though,a s VF-0s can't operate in space.

It'd be like the UN Army operating the Prometheus, which is a boat and incapable of operating on land.

UN Spacey only got the Prometheus by default. After the hyperspace accident, the Prometheus was in deep space, with no real hope of making it back to water(though it did, miraculously enough).

Let Spacey have it. They can at least scavenge the VFs.

Didn't someone in the old thread say something to the extent that the term UN Spacy encompassed all branches?

Indeed the S in UNS Air Force and UNS Marine Corps stands for Spacy.

That's kinda like doing a series based on the Destroids... which Kawamori said he wouldn't do.

Let's face it, a good series would be centered on the pilots, maybe a pop singer as a side story and a bunch of aliens attacking the population. Hardcore military stuff in the forefront, leave all that evolution and 'where we came from?' philosophy in the background... way in the background.

That's kinda like doing a series based on the Destroids... which Kawamori said he wouldn't do.

Let's face it, a good series would be centered on the pilots, maybe a pop singer as a side story and a bunch of aliens attacking the population. Hardcore military stuff in the forefront, leave all that evolution and 'where we came from?' philosophy in the background... way in the background.

I agree focus more on the pilots [not just all combat sequences] but you can focus more on the main characters and go more in depth with them and still have oodles of combat, explosions, and beer can missiles.

I'd love to see a Macross Series that would actually show more than a few tidbits of a characters past.

While I get tired of the 'where do we come from thing' I would like them to focus a little on the Stellar Republic et al maybe have a four or five episode arc covering the discovery of an ancient well preserved protoculture city maybe find some frozen PC.

Just my opinion but, I'm sure some people would agree with this idea.

And why do none of the animators like Destroids :angry:

I wonder.... if they made something new, without having music as the focal point of the series, can you still call it Macross?

Earlier, people were suggesting a side-story during the DYRL timeline but about a different squadron, and I imagined it to be some kind of gritty Band of Brothers type historical piece. I think the whole music as a form of energy and power is being a little bit overdone and the overall ridiculous nature of the idea all kind of comes to a head in Macross 7. I think I'd prefer something gritty and action oriented, with just good ol' fashioned story telling. If they try to work music into anymore series, I think they're just going to end up ruining it.

Most people from Macross comes from other branches and then move to the Spacey.  Shin is from the Navy, Katie is from the Marines.  I think its just that the UN Spacey gets the VF's.

It's not logical for UN Spacey to operate VF-0s, though,a s VF-0s can't operate in space.

It'd be like the UN Army operating the Prometheus, which is a boat and incapable of operating on land.

UN Spacey only got the Prometheus by default. After the hyperspace accident, the Prometheus was in deep space, with no real hope of making it back to water(though it did, miraculously enough).

Let Spacey have it. They can at least scavenge the VFs.

thats actually a bit misleading, the diffrent branches of the military actually do have vehicles that opperate in seemingly alien territory to their specialty.

and example would be the U.S. Army's SHIP: the "Charles P. Gross"

post-2-1063567956.jpg

Edited by KingNor

Straight from the Macross Compendium:

UN

United Nations

UNAF

United Nations Air Force

UNN

United Nations Navy

UNS

United Nations Spacy

UNSAF

United Nations Space Air Force

UNSM

United Nations Space Marines

UN Spacy is as the Macross Compendium states...... "Branch of the United Nations Forces charged with its defense in space."

The other branches are pretty obvious as they conform to the standard Armed Forces of today. The oddity is the UNSAF, which the TIAS: Macross Plus book shows stenciled on the side of several VF's, but what is its responsibility as space would really be the remit of the UN Spacy.

but UN Navy, Marines, and Air Force have Valks too, i think their's arent up-to-date like the 'Spacy's is though....hey...that's a good set of makings for another show...

Not really. It would be a show on Earth... a very boring setting, as the Spacy is in charge of space. <_<

And besides.... Macross has always been about the characters, not the military. As far as we know... the branch doesn't really matter.

Edited by Abombz!!

UN

United Nations

UNAF

United Nations Air Force

UNN

United Nations Navy

UNS

United Nations Spacy

UNSAF

UNSM

UN Spacy is as the Macross Compendium states...... "Branch of the United Nations Forces charged with its defense in space."

The other branches are pretty obvious as they conform to the standard Armed Forces of today. The oddity is the UNSAF, which the TIAS: Macross Plus book shows stenciled on the side of several VF's, but what is its responsibility as space would really be the remit of the UN Spacy.

United Nations Space Marines. Is it me or does that one sound like it came from Aliens. I know that this branch would be formed.

UN

United Nations

UNAF

United Nations Air Force

UNN

United Nations Navy

UNS

United Nations Spacy

UNSAF

UNSM

United Nations Space Marines. Is it me or does that one sound like it came from Aliens. I know that this branch would be formed.

in Aliens, its United States Colonial Marines. that seems to be a quite generic designation, such as the Terran Marines in Starcraft and the Imperial Marines in Warhammer 40K.