Azumanga Daioh manga to be available on 9/03

treatment

FYI.

As reported in http://animenewsnetwork.com/columns/tankobon.php?id=3 , the manga for the fan-favorite Azumanga Daioh is scheduled to be out this month. ADVFilms is releasing it and some folks from AnimeonDVD-forum already had their copies. Bastards. The stores I called in over here at SD doesn't have inventory-stock on it, yet.

I'm not a manga-fan, but this is one particular manga that I will so definitely get.

The Azu anime R1-dvd is scheduled for next year release, btw.

^_^

advance word is that its a decent release (the manga) but there are some inconsistancies in the translation. also i'm not sure about Osaka's Brooklyn accent but oh well. can't wait for this (and the dvd) to ship here.

They gave her a BROOKLYN accent?!?! Well that just killed my interest. Should've gone with a Southern take, after all she was basically a Japanese redneck. Most of Azumanga was based around Japanese customs and attitudes, so Im not sure how they're going to translate this.....

The fact that the f*cktards at ADV are putting it out killed my interest from the get go...

I disagree that Osaka should've been made Southern. The regional stereotypes and accent don't really map to any US equivelent. Not to mention, part of the point of the character is that she doesn't talk like she's from Osaka.