Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'vf0c'.

More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • MW News and Updates
    • MW News and Site Info
    • Forum Rules and Guidelines
    • Member Feedback
  • Macross Broadcasting System
    • Movies and TV Series
    • Anime or Science Fiction
  • OverTechnology Think Tank
    • Toys
    • Model kits
    • The Workshop!
    • Games
    • Collectors
  • Fan Works, Local Gatherings and Homepages
    • Fan Works
    • Conventions and Local Gatherings
    • Homepages
  • ¡Mucho Locura!
    • Reglas, Info y Asuntos Relacionados con el Sitio
    • Juguetes, Modelos y Estatuillas
    • Animación, Música y Multimedia
    • Más o Menos Macross (Otros Animes, Ci-Fi y Aventura)
  • Reviews & Archive
    • Macross Reviews
    • Hall Of The Super Topics
  • Test Area
    • Test forum

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...


  • Start





Website URL







Old MW Name

Old MW Post count

Found 1 result

  1. Finished VF-0B here and here. Finished VF-0C here. Hello. I always wanted both a VF-0B and a VF-0C but I doubt Arcadia will do them (though one can hope!). I bought extra D's and A's in the hopes that the canopies could be swapped so I could make both a B and C. Thankfully they could and posted a couple of pics in the toys section. Although they looked okay I thought "both of them need a paintjob" so here I am. Bear with me as I'm a noob at these things so some of the ways I do things might not be the best way but it worked for me. Some helpful tools to have are: Spudger/Pry tool kit for the tiny screw hole covers and areas that need a little gentle help. Roll pin set and a small hammer to access the pins in the swing bar and to separate the chest piece. Don't need to do this using the new way. Extra plastic containers with lids labeled to keep all the small parts together. Don't do what I did and leave them in ziplocs as I found out the hard way as my darling wife threw a bag of small parts out into the rubbish and I spent half a day sorting through bags looking for it First thing I did was to take apart as much of the valks as I could so that I could mask and paint. Here is a pic of it apart, primed with Tamiya fine grey, and sprayed in AS-16 light grey. The legs are together and hanging. The rest of the time was masking and painting the various colors. I decided not to do the SPW scheme and instead do the VF-8 theme in the Master File. I sprayed the nose and lighter colored parts AS-20 insignia white, TS-16 yellow, and TS-29 semi gloss. After I let everything dry I put it all back together. Here's some pics of it in gerwalk and fighter modes. There's still a lot of stuff I need to touch up and put on some decals but that's where I'm at now. Thanks for stopping by! Here is the scheme for the VF-0B: This is the VF-0C scheme: 3/13/17: I added on the VF-0C to this thread so that I don't need to do another one. Edit 3/22/17 VF-0B Colors: Tamiya fine grey primer, AS-16 light grey for the main color, AS-20 Insignia white for the lighter parts, TS-18 yellow and TS-29 Semi gloss black. TS-80 flat clear. VF-0C Colors: Tamiya fine grey primer, TS-81 Royal light grey for the main, AS-7 Neutral grey, TS-15 Blue, TS-16 Yellow, and TS-29 Semi gloss black. TS-80 flat clear. EDITED: 8/26/17 I want to thank fellow member Ratatarse as he also did conversions but had a different way of converting. The difference is that he showed an easier way to convert than the way I did it. All he did was swap the cockpit sections along with the cockpit shields. Disregard all the rest of the instructions as my method was trying to fit a square peg in a round hole. Lol.