Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'tomahawk'.



More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


Forums

  • MW News and Updates
    • MW News and Site Info
    • Forum Rules and Guidelines
    • Member Feedback
  • Macross Broadcasting System
    • Movies and TV Series
    • Anime or Science Fiction
  • OverTechnology Think Tank
    • Toys
    • Model kits
    • The Workshop!
    • Games
    • Collectors
  • Fan Works, Local Gatherings and Homepages
    • Fan Works
    • Conventions and Local Gatherings
    • Homepages
  • ¡Mucho Locura!
    • Reglas, Info y Asuntos Relacionados con el Sitio
    • Juguetes, Modelos y Estatuillas
    • Animación, Música y Multimedia
    • Más o Menos Macross (Otros Animes, Ci-Fi y Aventura)
  • Sell, Trade and Buy Macross
    • For Sale & Trade
    • Wanted
    • Where to Buy Macross, Auctions & Dealers Specials
  • Reviews & Archive
    • Macross Reviews
    • Hall Of The Super Topics
  • Test Area
    • Test forum

Find results in...

Find results that contain...


Date Created

  • Start

    End


Last Updated

  • Start

    End


Filter by number of...

Joined

  • Start

    End


Group


AIM


MSN


Website URL


ICQ


Yahoo


Jabber


Skype


Location


Interests


Old MW Name


Old MW Post count

Found 12 results

  1. a friend of mine bought this kit... made a rush job of putting it together and "accidentally" glued some of the parts without first painting the hard to reach parts.. he then gave it to me and said "fix" it.... i instead bought it from him for a symbolic price... i needed a couple of days of from my other build, and this was a perfect little project to do so with... i dissembled the parts as much as possible... then primed and preshaded the parts... didnt like the flat grey some of the parts was to have... so i painted them black, and then used Tamiya weathering master Dark gun metal and snow. gave them a very thin coat of Matt Varnish... another layer of snow and Matt Varnish next was two thin layers of the "desert pale sand" and "muddy dark green" that i mixed now some detailing with black ink....
  2. From the album: Minecraft Macross update 8-20-15

    The addition of stained glass in place of the colored wool
  3. Working on a mini statue, I wanted the hatches to open but it's making the head dress too wide... probably would topple over...
  4. From about a year ago, I started working on the 1/100 Armored Factory rerelease. The assembly of the "factory" itself was pretty straightforward, but I got bogged down on the vehicles (old school kits have some truly small parts. E.g.: side mirrors!). This past weekend, I finished the Armoured Valkyrie. It's a major milestone, as I've been working on it for a good chunk of the year. The kit itself is alright, but lacks any gimmicks such as missile hatches that one can open (or are glued open). The possibility is also extremely limited, and the lack of a gun pod is also a shame. It's truly a kit made to be displayed as something waiting for/just completed maintenance in the hanger. After a few times moving the limbs in the limited range that they can move, some of the joints have become floppy... that said, the feet have a good range of movement, giving it stability in the full range of limited poses the legs allow. The head and beam guns also move - though, as I painted the kit after assembly, the paint prevents the guns from moving. On the subject of paint - the light gull grey that I used is a major pain! I didn't realize it when I purchased it, but its from the Mr. Hobby Water based line, and it caused no end of trouble, especially when putting acrylics on top! Suffice to say that there are layers of paint covered by layers of clear coat. Even then, some of it has come off from friction, etc.. Gah! Looking back, aside from not starting to paint it on the sprues (lesson learned), my one regret is not having filed down the seam lines. After so much sweat and tears with the paint, those seem lines bring the kit down. >.< On the other hand, I had a bit of fun mixing paint to get some custom colours for the first time (light blue forearms, green sensor on back, light green visor). Though, I almost cried manly tears when I noticed a chip on one of the forearms! And as this topic is geared around the Armoured Factory, here is the Armoured Valkyrie in the "Factory" itself (its still a work in progress - I'm waffling over painting the entire thing, painting only a few spots, or just laying on the decals!) With the 1/100 Phalanx and Tomahawk (another work in progress), it's actually become quite an interesting diorama!
  5. The guy who built these is エムロボ, and he says the Tomahawk is an Arii, but the Spartan and Defender are based on Bandai models. All of them are scale 1/72. Tomahawk Spartan Defender Maybe this has been posted already, if that's the case please close the thread.
×
×
  • Create New...