Jump to content


  • Content count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


1 Follower

About mslz22

  • Rank
    Bridge Bunny

Contact Methods

  • ICQ

Previous Fields

  • Old MW Name
  • Old MW Post count

Recent Profile Visitors

7,353 profile views
  1. Valkyrie Canopy Masks

    Well I need like a 10 pack for the 1/48 when your ready.
  2. Valkyrie Canopy Masks

    So cool, so this would be done on like a vinyl cutter? My only request would be to do it in like a 5 or 10 pack to allow for multiple builds and mistakes.
  3. Wave 1/72 Phalanx

    Fantastic, fit, finish, weathering, chipping, everything great job.
  4. One of the better looking kits from back in the day. As most of know that this is really scaled more like 1/100 rather than the stated 1/72. I'm doing a bunch of mods to make this a fixed dynamic pose rather than as designed. The kit has a great vintage look and with a little sprucing up I think it can look really good while maintaining a nostalgic look to it. Some of the mods are so I can achieve the fixed pose I want, and some are to mod detail or simply restore detail. These kits were not always really well thought out in regard to building with seam lines running thru details etc, but it's a fun challenge for playing around with downtime, of which I have very little of so I have been playing with this kit for over a year here and there to even get this far. One of the things that I have found that I really like for these old kits is using small acrylic spheres to make faux ball joints, faux in the sense that they are not functional but work for making a fixed pose. I have tons of them purchased in bulk from US Plastics. Using Weld on 16 they bond really well with the sytrene. I will also be using them to replace the "sensors" on the legs and engine things as well as the eye, all of which should have been clear parts in this kit. For some of the details like the recessed vents in the legs it's really easier to just dremmel out the detail and restore it with plastruct detail as the seam runs impossibly thru the detail panel. Same will be done with the arm venting. I never liked the recessed panels they added to the foot ball so I have filled those with apoxie sculpt along with the slot that runs along the track. This will allow for posing along the left/right axis of the foot.
  5. New tru scale 1/72nd Realgult pod pattern.

    Thanks, it was a bit nerve wracking to be on camera!
  6. New tru scale 1/72nd Realgult pod pattern.

    Sorry, I got super busy with stuff for Comic Con NYC and some other big projects. I am back doing some casting and can fit a few in if anyone wants them. $110 each plus shipping, includes decals. PM me, I will check here every couple of days. I have barely had time to check MW in the last 2 months. Time goes by too fast! mike
  7. 1/55 Custom shop 2017 Edition!

    Could I make something that would allow it to keep it's transformation? Short answer yes if I made something that mimics the 1/48 Yamato swing bar. That being said it's completely unreasonable IMO to do so for a 1/55, I bet it would be like 2 grand of my time/work to do something like that. I am happy to stick to non transformables for these customs, like I said most of these are $20 beaters. The ball joints for the shoulder and hips are just 3/8 diameter brass balls that come pre threaded with a 8-32 thread. I just get some 8-32 machine bolts and cut them to the size I want. In the case of the hips the threaded rod is just straddled across the "headlights". You have to hog out a trench for them to sit in. Then I just putty up the nose and glue it all together and it's good to go. For the shoulders you need to make some mods but it's the same idea, basically a 5/8 8-32 screw covered with a 5/32 piece of brass replaces the post. In both cases I use apoxy sculpt to fill in the voids and then drill out 3/8 receiver for the ball joints. It has limited motion, but these are not for playing with.
  8. 1/55 Custom shop 2017 Edition!

    Thanks, update for today, still lots to do. I made 3 mods to this that i have not done before. 1 is the hip sockets, which is cool not only for the pose but it also gets the legs in the right place. 2 Same type ball sockets at the shoulder. 3. I eliminated the backpack connector part and attached the boosters directly to the standard backpack. This brings those boosters in a bit tighter. Overall it only changes the proportions of the 1/55 a little bit, but I think it goes a long way. Of course all this only works as a non transformable battloid, but I kind of feel like this is what the 1/55 "wants" to be in battloid mode. Either way I feel like it's a good use of a $20 beater.
  9. 1/55 Custom shop 2017 Edition!

    Another one one the bench, Hikaru 1S non transformable made from a beater with numerous broken parts. This will get non removable armor soon.
  10. 1/55 Custom shop 2017 Edition!

    Done I guess...
  11. 1/55 Custom shop 2017 Edition!

    Milia getting there.
  12. 1/55 Custom shop 2017 Edition!

    Thanks, I'm sure it's my age talking but nothing gives me the warm feeling I want from collecting than a 1/55 custom. It took me years to realize it, but for all the superior releases in 1/48 and 1/60 it's the 1/55 chunky that makes me happy.
  13. 1/55 Custom shop 2017 Edition!

    Max Super Battoid, only took me 32 years to get one done!