I had the same issue with my VE-1.
I don't recommend pushing too hard on the fuselage because the piece of plastic that attaches it to the body is actually incredibly thin.
I decided to remove the fuselage, however it was a frustrating and nerve wracking task.
I recall using an x-acto knife to slice through as much of the adhesive attaching the fuselage to the body, however due to the tight fit I couldn't separate the pieces entirely.
So, I ended up removing the nose cone and splitting the fuselage down the middle in order to loosen the remaining adhesive. Splitting the fuselage will most likely break the few pegs that actually hold it together (as more adhesive was used on those).
Once I was able to remove the fuselage, I trimmed the plastic spurs that ultimately led to that annoying gap.
As difficult as it was dismantling, putting the fuselage back together proved even more problematic due to the section between the nose cone and the cockpit. That is actually two separate pieces with a closed hook inside that is used to attach it to the cockpit section. If/when you separate the fuselage, that loop/hook inside is going to be broken. Hooking that back on to the fuselage took the most effort due to the small space inside. I could have just glued it back on, but on the off chance that I ever decided to dismantle it again I decided to avoid using adhesive there.
I'm glad I was able to remove my gap, but in retrospect I probably should have just learned to live with it...because there were a few places where dismantling it could have resulted in a complete loss.
Happy to provide any additional information to help.
*You can see my original post with gap pictures from May 13, 2019 in my history.