UN Spacy logo on the GU-11

gerwalk25

This questions been bugging me for a while now. I've noticed Takatoku, Bandai, Yamato, Hasegawa, ARII, Banpresto and Toynami have their GU-11's either having the UN Spacy logo upside down or vice versa. In canon which way is the logo supposed to be?

The logo should be upside down on the gunpod that way it is facing right side up in fighter mode.

Though I agree it should be right side up in Fighter, a lot of the official art has the text upside down during fighter and right side up in Battroid. Even the gunpod sequence in Macross Zero has the text upside down when the refueling plane had focker's gun mounted.

But even the covers to Macross 0 contradict themselves. It varies from art to art. I still think fighter mode should have the perfect look. It was suppose to be a secret that they had battroid mode so it would be weird if someone saw the gunpod mounted with the text upside down. :unsure:

I always figured that the VF-1 was geared to look best in fighter mode, so then the text would be upside down on the gunpod, and up in fighter mode.

Edit: Also, it's called a "Variable Fighter" not a "Variable Robot"

Edited by mbs357

I vote for right-side up in fighter mode. I mean---what if *all* the markings were right-side up in battroid mode? Fighter mode would have the markings all over the place. The gunpod is the only thing where it can look sort of right in both modes, but everything else only looks right in fighter mode.

Well...the problem seems to be that in the original series, the gunpods generally don't say U.N. Spacy at all. In Mac0, all of them have the words right side up on the left side and upside down on the right side (in fighter mode).

I figure this is now the official way to do it, so I've been using it for all my VF-1s, as well.

I was watching the Macross Zero episode 3 and in the battle of Shin vs Nora Shin's gunpod has the UN SPACY upside down at own side and straight the other side,

left side of the gunpod straight for Battloid

right side of the gunpod straight for fighter

Any one else notice it?