Tips on acheiving a straight deal

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
93 replies to this topic

#71 EXO

EXO

The Real Skull Focker

• 18,055 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 02:01 PM

I only chimed in because you thought that I was hiding behind Exo and you brought up the issues first.  I only wanted to correct you because you had the facts twisted.

I only brought it up because Haterist chose this thread to complain about a bunch of SOL excuses that targetted a general section of this forum, and I found it funny that he's part of the very thing he's complaining about. It's also amusing that saying that his part was done a while back. But who really decides when "a while back is". Is that after he last made a mistake and right before everyone else made theirs?

i'm not mentioning any names but in some trades as of late veteran members have used excuses like....

i didn't notice because...
i bought it from someone else and didn't bother to check...
i had no idea there was something wrong with it cause... 
hey, you still got a good deal right?
i never opened it after i bought it used off someone on ebay so it not my fault....
i didn't think it was important to mention that this has been owned by 3 other people before me...
you didn't ask so...

and the list of "i didn't know" and "its not my fault" type of excuses goes on and on and usually ends with "look, i'm not out to screw you".

Edited by >EXO<, 09 May 2006 - 06:14 PM.

#72 EXO

EXO

The Real Skull Focker

• 18,055 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 02:06 PM

i'd rather have the person who actually had an issue with me say something than some buddy of theirs that had nothing to do with nothing other than being full of hate.

finding things funny and being full of hate is pretty different. I just can't help noticing it whenever you post something hypocritical. I believe that's not the first time I called you that. Besides, I'm not the haterist... you are. :D

Edited by >EXO<, 09 May 2006 - 02:07 PM.

#73 KiriK

KiriK

ConMan

• Members
  • 1,636 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 04:29 PM

So just a quick question for anyone who has DelCon required w/ their transactions.... what's the point of it even if a package gets lost like mine???

all it did was show when it was sent and which city it was sent from... there's no tracking on the package... it just shows whether or not it was recieved or not....

the Post Office did poo about it.... they suck balls for all i care... but yea... i'm just curious because in the end.... the extra .45 cents did nothing for me or Haterist....

#74 F360°

F360°

Bridge Bunny

• Members
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 08:04 PM

Delievery confirmation is a Sellers protection so they can prove that you recieved the package. In case the bad buyers/scamers bitch about the packaging never came.

Also it's tells the Buyer that you did infact shipped out the item. So if the item getes lost,, they wouldn't think about "hey,, did he really shipped it out?" because with delivery confirmation you do see that your packge left a certian location at a certain date.

With out "DC" a paid Post office receipt means nothing other than the fact that the seller did infact paid for the shipping,, it doesn't 100% mean that they shipped it out. You can pay for the shipping rate, gotten the reciept without dropping the item off,, you can just say I need to darken my address label, I'll be right back.

With all that said,, It's best you have Delievery confirmation on all Packages shipped by USPS. It's FREE for Priority Mail if you Print out the shipping label from www.usps.com. And If you use Paypal to print, it's free for Priority Mail and 13cent extra for having "DC" on everything else even normal first calss mail.

I place "DC" on everything I shipped.

Also, Everyday certain percent of the USPS packages and Mails travels on a Fedex plane, resorted at a Fedex Hub by FedEx workers, then load back on Fedex Truck until it reaches their destination city, then it will be off loaded back to USPS hubs.

Edited by F360°, 09 May 2006 - 08:06 PM.

#75 Fortress_Maximus

Fortress_Maximus

New Edwards Test Pilot

• Members
  • 2,410 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 09:16 PM

Not sure if this will help anyone else but if you use Paypal and you have a merchant account, inorder to qualify for the seller protection plan you need to obtain signature confirmation, delivery confirmation, and insurance. If you have a free account that is not upgraded you have little to no recourse if the buyer files a claim that you did not mail the product and/or attempts to get their monies back. If the buyer funded their payment using a bank I learned after hours on the phone with paypal, the banks will typically favor the buyer and paypal will freeze your funds for the transaction in your account, unless you can provide the required documentation. Short of that, paypal essentially wipes their hands clean of the matter and notes they are not responsible for any potentially lost funds. I don't know what other everyone elses experiences are or if they've ever experienced this, but I hope information helps indicate some ways that you can use to work things out both with paypal and people who use them.

Edited by Fortress_Maximus, 09 May 2006 - 09:18 PM.

#76 nightmareB4macross

nightmareB4macross

SMS Squadron Leader

• Banned
  • 3,340 posts
  • Interests:Nightmare Before (Xmas) Macross

Posted 09 May 2006 - 09:55 PM

Not sure if this will help anyone else but if you use Paypal and you have a merchant account, inorder to qualify for the seller protection plan you need to obtain signature confirmation, delivery confirmation, and insurance. If you have a free account that is not upgraded you have little to no recourse if the buyer files a claim that you did not mail the product and/or attempts to get their monies back. If the buyer funded their payment using a bank I learned after hours on the phone with paypal, the banks will typically favor the buyer and paypal will freeze your funds for the transaction in your account, unless you can provide the required documentation. Short of that, paypal essentially wipes their hands clean of the matter and notes they are not responsible for any potentially lost funds. I don't know what other everyone elses experiences are or if they've ever experienced this, but I hope information helps indicate some ways that you can use to work things out both with paypal and people who use them.

How is it that Paypal can hold all funds in your account, if there is possibly one dispute in question? Unless there is more? Or is just a preemtive measure by Paypal to secure returns for other possible claimants?

#77 Fortress_Maximus

Fortress_Maximus

New Edwards Test Pilot

• Members
  • 2,410 posts

Posted 10 May 2006 - 07:46 AM

Never said paypal would freeze all the funds in your account, I wrote, "paypal will freeze your funds for the transaction".

#78 Spiff

Spiff

Sharon Apple Concert Attendee

• Members
  • 343 posts
  • Interests:Uh, Macross!

Posted 20 November 2007 - 10:31 PM

QUOTE(>EXO< @ Jun 9 2004, 05:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Great tip Fansubs! I didn't known that paypal had that. Maybe we can ask members for their verification. Here's mine for example:

I'm paypal verified

We're do we get the feedback rating again?

I tried your link in this post and paypal said this:

alex@exodigital.com is NOT PayPal Verified

What it Means to be Verified

To become Verified, a PayPal member in the United States must enroll in our Expanded Use Program. When a member completes Expanded Use enrollment, he undergoes additional checks that increase security for all PayPal users. Please note that PayPal's verification system does not constitute an endorsement of a member, nor a guarantee of a member's business practices. You should always consider other indicators when evaluating members, including length of PayPal membership and reputation scores (on eBay or other auction sites, if applicable).

I don't know if you changed your status or paypal is being weird. However you generated that link does not appear to work anymore. I am not picking on you just wanted to try the suggestion.

#79 EXO

EXO

The Real Skull Focker

• 18,055 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 10:41 PM

oh... I've changed email...

let me see if this still works.

#80 EXO

EXO

The Real Skull Focker

• 18,055 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 10:49 PM

I can't seem to find how I get that page again. I can do that thing where I pretend to send money to someone but it's not the same page as the one that I used for an example.

#81 Spiff

Spiff

• Members
  • 343 posts
  • Interests:Uh, Macross!

Posted 20 November 2007 - 10:53 PM

Ebay has apparently changed the pre-approved bidder policy that myersjesse suggested. It would be really nice if they had private auctions. Taken from http://pages.ebay.co...-ov.html#preapp

Pre-approved bidders

Occasionally, for certain high-profile listings, eBay will allow a seller to create a pre-approved bidders list to restrict their listings to a specified group of buyers. Heres what you can expect if you bid on a listing that has a pre-approved bidders list:

If you are a pre-approved bidder: The bidding process will proceed as usual.

If you are not one of the pre-approved bidders: Youll get a notice that the item is restricted, and you will not be allowed to bid on the item. If you are interested in the item, contact the seller to request being added to the pre-approved bidders list.

#82 kehaha

kehaha

Cannon Fodder

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 01:51 PM

thank you for the infomation.
its really big help

thank you biggrin.gif

#83 Gabe Q

Gabe Q

Bridge Bunny

• Members
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 05:09 PM

I need some advice. I have a Cat's Eye kit that I listed here and somebody bought it and paid via PayPal. This was during the weekend. I packed the item and was about to ship it but then I found that the address was for a package forwarding service Aeropost.

Should I just refund the money and cancel the sale? I'm suspicious because the shipping address is in Florida but the buyer's email address is clearly from out of country. I always hear about scams and I'm afraid of getting burned.

The buyer only has twenty something posts on this forum and his Paypal is unconfirmed and has no transactions rating of zero. Just seems kinda fishy to me.

What should I do? I need to act fast, ship or refund by tomorrow morning.

#84 EXO

EXO

The Real Skull Focker

• 18,055 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 05:32 PM

I'm not too sure but isn't the seller protected as long as you send the item? What kind of justification do people have to demand a refund on Paypal?

#85 Gabe Q

Gabe Q

Bridge Bunny

• Members
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 05:35 PM

I think the seller is protected as long as the buyer is verified which, in this case, he isn't.

#86 bigkid24

bigkid24

THE CHOPPER!!!

• Members
  • 1,565 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 05:40 PM

Paypal buyers can sometimes open some real BS issues against buyers and I feel like Paypal doesn't do crap. I would say if you feel that uncomfortable then don't sell it and cancel the transaction but I would also suggest maybe asking the buyer about it. There might be a normal explanation to it.

#87 TheLoneWolf

TheLoneWolf

New Edwards Test Pilot

• Members
  • 2,205 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 10:06 PM

I believe that Paypal sellers are supposedly protected as long as you can provide a verifiable tracking number, and that tracking number must clearly state that the item was delivered. For items over $250, delivery confirmation is also required. I say "supposedly" because, personally, I've never had to enter into a dispute as a seller.

Like bigkid24 suggested, contact the buyer first and ask him/her what's going on with the address. If you don't get a straight answer, refund the payment.

#88 Gabe Q

Gabe Q

Bridge Bunny

• Members
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 10:19 PM

Thanks for all the input guys. I guess I'll be ok then.

#89 MilkManX

MilkManX

Mars Base Recon

• 1,982 posts
  • Interests:Anime and Comic book Art,Karate,Film

Posted 29 June 2011 - 10:53 AM

Well I got my first doozy.

Silverdragon bought a Matchbox SDF-1 from me.

I sent it out last Thursday 06/16/11 from Tucson AZ with USPS Priority and Insurance/Tracking

The tracking number says it was delivered to him on 6/27/11 14:04

He does not have the package and says he even asked his neighbor.

Now I wish I had gotten Signature confirmation...

Anyway off to file the claim online.

Anyone else have to do that?

#90 EXO

EXO

The Real Skull Focker

• 18,055 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 08:18 PM

Well, you got insurance and del con so there's nothing for you to worry about. It's all up to USPS to see if the claim as valid. It's like F360° said up there...

Posted 09 May 2006 - 09:04 PM
Delievery confirmation is a Sellers protection so they can prove that you recieved the package. In case the bad buyers/scamers bitch about the packaging never came.

#91 Kaldar5

Kaldar5

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 12:32 AM

Not quite sure where to post this question, so forgive me if this is in the wrong place.

I have a problem I am trying to resolve with Fed-Ex.

I recently ordered the PS3 Macross 30 game from CD Japan with rush shipping. I live in the US.

They sent it out swiftly, no problems. It got to within 20 miles of me.

The local FedEx driver for whatever reason decided to deliver it to the local GM parts plant. They signed for it.

4 days later, FedEx recovers the package, and delivers it to me in the evening 4 days, 8 hours late.

FedEx does have a complaint form that covers delayed delivery for local/non-international shipments.

The complaint form for international delivery does not cover late shipments, only loss or damage.

Should I file a local form, since the delivery fail was 100% a local problem?

Or should I raise hell in some other way?

I'm think it would be justified for me (CDJapan that is, they would refund me) to be at least reimbusred for the full shipping fee.

#92 jvmacross

jvmacross

New Edwards Test Pilot

• Members
  • 2,364 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:08 AM

Not quite sure where to post this question, so forgive me if this is in the wrong place.

I have a problem I am trying to resolve with Fed-Ex.

I recently ordered the PS3 Macross 30 game from CD Japan with rush shipping. I live in the US.

They sent it out swiftly, no problems. It got to within 20 miles of me.

The local FedEx driver for whatever reason decided to deliver it to the local GM parts plant. They signed for it.

4 days later, FedEx recovers the package, and delivers it to me in the evening 4 days, 8 hours late.

FedEx does have a complaint form that covers delayed delivery for local/non-international shipments.

The complaint form for international delivery does not cover late shipments, only loss or damage.

Should I file a local form, since the delivery fail was 100% a local problem?

Or should I raise hell in some other way?

I'm think it would be justified for me (CDJapan that is, they would refund me) to be at least reimbusred for the full shipping fee.

But it was delivered, no?  Sh*t happens all the time.....people/companies make mistakes.  The thing is they corrected the problem.  Did you communicate with someone like a customer relations manager at FedEx about it?  I would and maybe guilt them into giving you some credit for your inconvenience, like maybe a shipping credit you can use towards a future shipment...probably would be in the form of a credit to use when you want to ship something out.

#93 bhchan

bhchan

Cannon Fodder

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 04:20 PM

It seems ebay now takes the total value (price + shipping) in fees.  Paypal also takes a 2.9% cut + $0.30 from the seller...  or the buyer if doing the 'transfer $ to family' thing instead.

Has anyone tried Amazon Webpay for MW transactions?  it seems like Amazon's not charging any fees (yet).  The only caveat is that you either cash out as gift certificates or you have to link a bank account.

(link, in case you want to go to their FAQ directly  https://payments.ama...nts/WebPay-FAQ)

Edited by bhchan, 27 August 2013 - 04:22 PM.

#94 plastik

plastik

Skull Leader's Lackey

• Members
  • 386 posts
  • Interests:I <3 transforming jets

Posted 27 August 2013 - 04:24 PM

Also,if both the seller and buyer bank with Chase you can also send payment with quickpay. There are no fees and the money goes directly into your bank account. I've extended this courtesy a few times and have not had any problems.

Edited by plastik, 27 August 2013 - 04:25 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users