Official R2 DYRL Release

Mechamaniac

I have it. Its more or less the same as the FX. Same features. Same menu. The video/audio quality is close. The only difference really is that the R2 version has the Bandai/Emotion screen and the Toho filmes logo at the beginning. Theres also more of the black screen noise before Britai speaks in the R2 version. When you play the R2 DVD its goes right into the movie unlike the FX version which takes you to the menu.

The R2 version comes with two Macross postcards which are used on the backside of the FX DVD cover.

Kewl, thanks.

What are you using to watch it?. Do you have a region free DVD player?, or did you hack your DVD ROM drive?.

Any problems with watching it on a standard television?. Shouldn't be as the US and Japan are both NTSC, but just checking.

I'm using both a hacked DVD-ROM and a stand alone region free player. The DVD is NTSC. It will work on a standard US TV

Just for my $.02: If you're looking for a good, cheap, region-free DVD player, look for any Region 1 CyberHome DVD-300. I've got one (got it so that I could get a R2 copy of DYRL myself--Although it's expensive, the R2 version is the only way to go :) ), and it is extremely simple to change to all regions without a mod chip. And it's only about $40.

Edited by Pat Payne

Just for my $.02: If you're looking for a good, cheap, region-free DVD player, look for any Region 1 CyberHome DVD-300. I've got one (got it so that I could get a R2 copy of DYRL myself--Although it's expensive, the R2 version is the only way to go :) ), and it is extremely simple to change to all regions without a mod chip. And it's only about $40.

Do you know anywhere I could find one of those Region-free decks?

I've seen that Cyberhome player at Best Buy and Sams Club. I bought one for my nephew. Most Cyberhome(my wife has one that is hacked) and Daewoo DVD( I have 2 that I hacked) players are region hackable.

Can you post up the picture of the box and the post cards? I'd like to see it. And how much did you buy it for?

Here's the pic of the box from Amazon Japan.

Notice it's pretty much the same as the FX box, just with the official Emotion logo at the bottom right.

dyrl.jpg

Amazon Japan lists it for 7800 Yen, which is $73.51 before shipping.

Since I'm scanning stuff here is the fold out poster that came with the Japanese region 2 version of Macross Plus movie edition. I had to cut copy and paste it together with my scanner software since it wouldn't fit on it.

its titled: Macross Plus Movie Edition Sandstorm Picture by Kazutaka Miyatake

Edited by dejr8bud

Actually, I bought mine at the Longs' Drugs where I work.

Region free decks are easy to come by. The problem I had last year when I was replacing my old machine was finding something that had Macrovision disabled.

LOL, it seems that out of all the cheap easily hackable DVD players out there, the one I got was NOT one of them.

The Cyberhomes are really easy, but I have a Mintek, 1600, and noone knows how to hack anything but the Macrovision on that one.

Ah well, gonna buy a nice region free player anyway come tax season.

Region free decks are easy to come by.  The problem I had last year when I was replacing  my old machine was finding something that had Macrovision disabled.

LOL, it seems that out of all the cheap easily hackable DVD players out there, the one I got was NOT one of them.

The Cyberhomes are really easy, but I have a Mintek, 1600, and noone knows how to hack anything but the Macrovision on that one.

Ah well, gonna buy a nice region free player anyway come tax season.

Try here for the region hack.

http://www.nerd-out.com/forum/viewforum.ph...e20b1731dc29452