Arcadia 1/60 VF-0S & VF-0A

joppewo

Hey abbadon. Thanks. Actually that's my first VF-4G from Kanedas Bike. I'm waiting for my 2nd one that I bought from FromJapan last week. Hopefully it will arrive tomorrow. ;)

2X VF-4G! :o

I'm sensing a custom FB2012 for the other one... ;)

@VF5SS, great review!

Edited by abbadon

I have not cracked one out of it's box yet, but I do have a spare "A" Ghost that I think would look pretty good on the VF-0A. Has anyone posted pics of that set up? Mine has been sitting in my display case for years with nothing to ride on lol. I did not care to put it on my Yamato VF-0A CF, and my Yamato A/S's came with the grey ghosts in the box.

Would love to try that on my VF-0A. Care to sell it to me? ;)

2X VF-4G! :o

I'm sensing a custom FB2012 for the other one... ;)

@VF5SS, great review!

That's the plan sir if Arcadia will not release an official FB2012 scheme. ;)

Well... That's exactly what I was planning on doing with it, so I will have to kindly decline.

Hahaha! No worries. Just trying. ;)

No kidding, and I was dumb enough enough to sell my Two Ghosts a few years back, so kicking my self in the Ass for that!

I know what you mean. Saw the blue one months before for $120. Should've bought it. Oh well. Hehehe. :lol:

Did you elect to use the U.N. Spacy sticker on the Fast Packs instead of on the bare leg?

I only added the U.N. Spacey stickers to the fast packs because I will mostly display the toy with fast packs on. There are enough stickers though (in black and white) to apply to both the legs and fast packs if you so choose.

As to how good the stickers are...they get the job done. In some spots they look great, in other spots they look like stickers, and stand out. We would all prefer more tampo printing. You buy Bandai and you get lots of tampo, you buy Arcadia you get lots of stickers. :mellow:

Edited by funkymonkeyjavajunky

I only added the U.N. Spacey stickers to the fast packs because I will mostly display the toy with fast packs on. There are enough stickers though (in black and white) to apply to both the legs and fast packs if you so choose.

As to how good the stickers are...they get the job done. In some spots they look great, in other spots they look like stickers, and stand out. We would all prefer more tampo printing. You buy Bandai and you get lots of tampo, you buy Arcadia you get lots of stickers. :mellow:

Mmm, are you sure? On the sticker sheet that came with my 0A I only have two Un Spacy stickers and wasn't sure if I was going to use them on the fast packs or on the bare legs (or pilfer some stickers from another toy.)

I haven't used any of the arcaida stickers. How good are they? Thick or thin? Have they curled over time?

None of the stickers I've used from Arcadia have curled and they're pretty thin. i think they're a tad thicker on the 0D and 0A than on the VF-1's and the 19 were but they seem to change the thickness based on the color of the valk they put out (Yamato did this too.)

Mmm, are you sure? On the sticker sheet that came with my 0A I only have two Un Spacy stickers and wasn't sure if I was going to use them on the fast packs or on the bare legs (or pilfer some stickers from another toy.)

See the attached pic. You get four UN Spacy stickers. Two grey, two white.

post-5255-0-28668100-1441818433_thumb.jpg

Edited by funkymonkeyjavajunky

The Ghost's canards have to be squeezed really tightly to make it fit. I don't want to risk breaking mine, and the fact that the missile pods don't fit either seems to indicate the old set is not really compatible.

That makes sense of course. Actually I thought maybe it would be less stressful for the ghost canards to remove one of the tank bits from the 0A's back, put the ghost in place and while squeezing the canards plug the tank bit back in place to lock the ghost in place. I haven't received mine yet and won't be getting it before a good couple of months so I'm just trying to figure out how bad the issue is

I tried putting on the ghost today. To bad the weapons don't fit too good.

Looks awesome wmkjr! ;) And yes, that's the only gripe I have with the Arcadia VF-0's. I mean, they teased us artwork that the Ghost Booster will fit but in reality it's not. Ghost Canards that's too tight to fit and Missile and Tank Pods that is so loose.

But everything else... it's still a beauty. :lol:

Thanks yeti for the detailed guide, gonna try and give it a go!

Ignacio all I can say is to be in a calm state when handling the hips.

I was flustered getting it into gerwalk mode. Those shoulders just didn't seem like want to swing out and I pushed the darn legs too hard to get clearance.

sigh 0a left leg came off like yeti's... am PM'ing as to how to take the leg apart.

That aside, does anyone have issues pulling the leg thrusters out again after pushing them back in?

I cant pull them out no matter how hard i try..is there a technigue am missing?

Sorry to hear about the legs. Regarding the leg thrusters, none so far on mine. Actually, that part is super tight too so everytime I pull and push I always hold the legs tight. Hehehe. :lol:

Broken legs, scratched paint, bent head lasers, and non-accurate we're not even trying paint jobs? Arcadia has given me plenty of reasons to not waste a dime on even a 0S, which I was really thinking about getting. There's zero chance I'm gambling on a figure this expensive, they're pricing compared to quality is absurd.

If the ankles are anything like the ones on my 0D, I think someone is overcompensating for the non-locking ankles on the early Yamato releases.

Those things do not like to extend.

Honestly, I feel like the production quality on these is just fine. They look beautiful. It's just the engineering behind all the failing features that seems to be the weak point. It's like a lot of things just weren't thought out very well.

Edited by Chronocidal

I honestly wonder whether it's even possible or reasonable to expect fewer failures than we're seeing in Arcadia products. These toys are pretty complex mechanical designs when you think about it. I can't think of too many other products that would have near the same amount of complexity as far as moving parts. And even the ones that do usually don't have to account for how the parts will fit in multiple configurations the way a PT valkyrie toy does. Slight changes to even a single part have to factor in what it's going to affect as far as articulation and appearance in all three modes. It's not a like an action figure where, if I decide to make the legs slightly longer, it's mostly an aesthetic determination that won't affect functionality. There's also the fact that consequences for failing components are low in a valk compared to a lot of other mechanically complex products. If a joint fails in a valk, sure you'll be pissed but little harm is done. A component fails in a car and someone could die, so you know they will make damn well sure that the probability of failure is extremely low.