Theater Scout - "Bug Eye" Build & Animation

MechTech

Hey everyone, last year between Daedalus completion and recovering from surgery (no lifting big 6 foot long ships), I managed to complete Neptunesurvey's and Tundrayeti's 1/350th Bug Eye kit.

My kit is the newer version that was roto casted. It still weighs a ton though because of it's size. The kit is great and well engineered with brass inserts in the "legs". All the parts fit together great and required minimum cleanup.

The kit is great as is, but it had too much potential to have fun with. So the big modifications were to hollow out the bay area more for the mechanics and modify the turrets. The stock turrets were great, but barrels are always a pain to clean up and the ball joints will eventually come loose. So they got upgraded.

The obvious changes were to animate the eye and radars. Minor changes included adding small details and a little etching with machined leg ends.

Painting was done similar to wargaming figures to give it depth of size and to appear large and dirty -Zentraedi like, unmaintained. No cover coating was used and the large decals were cut from white sheet.

Since we can't post videos, there's one up on Youtube that also shows the build process. The link is below. Thanks for looking in. - MT

Thanks guys, I am REALLY humbled and at the same time laughing at some of those funny comments!

This kit was fun to build and just begging to be animated. I'm glad you all enjoyed it and I appreciate the feedback!-MT