Club M 1/48 Ultimate Strike Valk Complete....

mslz22

Real thing, not the "R" word, I have been working on this on and off for like 5 years, my wife was on vacation this week so i had a little extra time to finish it up. Wanted to finish it before the casting season really gets into full swing.

I have to say that after all these years i am still completely infatuated with this model, i think it's still the best depiction of the VF-1 (in my opinion of course) out there. I love the hasegawa kits but they are a little bit to "real world" for me. I think the Club M is a classic 90's kit that is the perfect combo of anime and realistic styles. I am overall really happy with this, like anything done over such a long time i am better at painting now than when i started so there are some unevenness to it. I am hoping to finish up a handful of these classic kits over the next few years, they real deserve some love as they are a real part of macross history.

The last little thing that i need to do at some point is put the clear parts on the wings, the vac formed parts were old and the plastic cracked when i tried to cut them out, may need to make the clear out of clear dental cast, but that won't happen for a while.

Some of the panel covers etc are left off intentionally, I wanted to see the details underneath, pilot omitted for now, may convert the figure to a standing figure at some point. I went easy on the decals to maintain the anime look.

thanks

mike

059-1_zps76df3424.jpg

058_zpsf7b3ed4c.jpg

055_zpse52e48c4.jpg

053_zps3d7ea4f2.jpg

048_zps7f5f2dc8.jpg

045_zps660717bf.jpg

041_zps3eb784a9.jpg

040_zps808da6cc.jpg

Thanks for sharing those photos! That is an A-W-E-S-O-M-E KIT! I think it's on all of our "wanted" lists :wub: That's a great buildup. I love the cutaways and I'm glad you left some exposed. Hope to see more on this too; maybe of the engine? - MT

Beautifully executed. I like my valks the same way I like my women, dirty.

at least you didn't add "in pieces, so I can see the inner bits". :o

:D

Thanks guys, it's a great kit, not without it's quirks as usual with resin kits. I almost wish i had another to build kind of knowing what i know now type of thing. Here are some WIP pics to show off some of the detail you can't see assembled.

mike

002-14_zpsfb7d0902.jpg

003-18_zps58bd3f62.jpg

006-11_zps9e9cb7e0.jpg

009-11_zpsb8263b1b.jpg

013-5_zpsd0ca0e69.jpg

021-3_zpsdec1a967.jpg026-1_zpsaa8b77c9.jpg

Does anyone know anything about the future of the 1/48 hasegawa line? I was really hoping for a 1/48 superbattroid and super valk but have not seen a single bit of info on any of it.....

Hasegawa still owes us this kit! Thanks for sharing.

Beautiful.. very well done.

Any hints or suggestions for those that haven't built theirs yet? :D

Yeah, keep it in the box, this kit will give you gray hairs, all those detail and those plentiful parts! Btw Mike, two thumbs up for the awesome work. I think I only saw a handful of this kit completed and this is really one of the best one.

Anybody want to have a go at it, I have one and I think I will never have time to build it. I have old age catching up with me and with that comes bad eyesight, not the best combo for tackling this kit!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Amazing job as always Mike! That is a definite "Grail" kit. I love the stance on that kit. It makes it look like it just wants to jump off the base.