Megaroad Launch Ceremony 2012 - Event Report

Tochiro

Thanks for this. Quite a few gems there like the rib on Sheryl being sorta dead at one point, the indecisiveness of some characters and the idea the Sheryl would snap on a desolate Earth. Got a kick out of those.

Sounds like it was pretty dang fun! But let me guess, no video cameras right?

As in official ones or attendees being allowed to film? There were no official cameras filming the event - the hall was small enough that everyone could see the stage fairly clearly (the Yomiuri Hall holds total of 1100 ppl) - and fanclubs events arent usually recorded. or if they are they arent made public (the Appreciation festival was the same, as were the two non-fanclub Yokohama festivals).

As for attendees taking pictures or video, thats a strict no-no at any and all anime events/concerts in Japan as a general rule (I've been physically tackled for trying to take a picture of the singer of the original OP for Dunbine at one point - and dont ask what happened the one time I got close enough to try to take a picture of Koichi 'Spike Spiegel' Yamadera).

As for attendees taking pictures or video, thats a strict no-no at any and all anime events/concerts in Japan as a general rule (I've been physically tackled for trying to take a picture of the singer of the original OP for Dunbine at one point - and dont ask what happened the one time I got close enough to try to take a picture of Koichi 'Spike Spiegel' Yamadera).

In 80s, many camera guys took the photos of idols and others in the events and sold them without their permission. Those ones were sold everywhere in Harajuku and the other places the young gathered. So, many entertainment firms got angry and crushed the shops. Sadly not only did that, they have come to kick the cameras out.

Just found this today (have to remember to check the front page more often!). Thanks for the writeup Tochiro, appreciate your effort.

That Sho Hayami seems like quite a character, huh?

I found Mika Doi's comments on Misa quite revealing in regards to what the anime fan must have been like in the early 80's. Nowadays, I cannot imagine a character like Misa not having plenty of fans.