Interview Questions for May'n for AFA 2011

vanpang

^ That song was released on her single of "Ready Go". It just wasn't included for some reason on the 'If You...' CD.

The video took a while to load, so when I first saw that you were wondering where a song from that awesome concert came from, I thought it would have been that soft song she sings with the two girls in the nightgowns and the chairs... I had no idea where the song came from till I recently got Cosmic Cuune.

Meantime, after watching Rhythm Tank (which was really good by the way) I noticed this awesome song and the crowd really went wild,

I tried to look for this song but it was neither in May'n Street, Styles, nor in 'If you....' She didn't perform it during her UNITE tours. so I was wondering where this song came from? Could anyone tell where and when this song debut?

It's the second track on the "Ready Go!" single.

I see.....so that's where it came from. Thanks guys for the info. Hmmm....maybe I could ask her the next time she comes to Singapore.

There were many really memorable moments in the Rhythm Tank comcert. One, was just before the acoustic version of 'Get Ready' when she told a 'joke' and nobody laughed but the subsequent remark did the trick. Phonic Nation seem to be a very emotional song for her as you can feel her emotions and tears coming down from her eyes. Another was during the same song, when she suddendly divert the camera to the media booth, they were caught by surprise and everyone in the hall laughed. In the making of documentary. I was really impressed by the mock up stage which they used it to practice before the real thing (in Big Waaaave, they practiced everything on a assembly hall cum basket ball court with masking tape on the floor to represent the stage area) and my favourite - May'n laid an 'egg'

Edited by VF25-F

• 2 weeks later...

No problem! Able to share is part of the fun. Anyway, I still owe Seanzilla one question. If you have anymore just fire away!

For Sherly Nome fans, this is a real treat! SHERLY NOME HAS HER OWN FAN SITE! (OFFICIAL) It's still under construction from what I can see but you can get some info about Sherly like her birthday is on NOV 29!

http://www.sheryl-nome.net/news/index.html

• 3 weeks later...

Here's a link to May'n latest Album : HEAT of the moment. You can sample each of the songs by clicking on the GREEN audio icon. MOST of the new songs sounds good (the new ones 2, 4, 6, 7, 8, 10, 11, & 12). Jewels actually sounds unusual. No 9 is a song she wrote herself which came along with her first photo book (title : number one - which she explained that even after leaving school life you still have to strive to be number one, even though you may not achieve it but it shouldn't stop you from being able to do your best! - UNITE concert in Singapore 2011)

http://www.jvcmusic.co.jp/flyingdog/-/Discography/A021682/VTZL-40.html

• 2 weeks later...

Another latest news from May'n. One of her songs from her new album - Get Tough is being used in the online game Oni Soul. And ..... believe or not there's a character by the name of May'n! (sort of priestess type character), wonder what powers she would have? (perhaps the obvious - the song to heal and boost power of friendly forces?) Anyway I'm sure fans will definitely want to use this character! But, you'll will have to purchase her latest album to get the password to unlock her!

http://www.oni-soul.jp/

Pick the 3rd icon on the menu from the left, choose the female character on the main board display to see her.

Edited by VF25-F

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, thanks for the post! I was dying to get some news/visual of her latest concert in Yokohama! Ani-culture reported the event briefly : - May'n was on a platform strung from a crane some 30 feet in the air and was going around the concert hall. One of the fans noticed that she was holding the railing really tight! (I suppose I would too in that situation : ) ) Was it me or she's losing her voice? It was evident when she sang 'Northern Cross' and got even worse after she sang OBELISK. Guessed she practiced to hard!

I liked the acoustic version of 'What 'bout my star?' Refreshing. The concert hall looked even bigger than that of Budokan but even that you can hear the fans' voices! Ha ha.....as usual, the media section is quite dead.

The last one - Welcome to my fan club's night' was from her previous concert in Budokan - Rhythm Tank on 06.03.11. For me that was her best performance to date. Will have to see the rest of May'n Go Around before I make a decision. And yes. Hero was one of her better songs.

Was it me or she's losing her voice? It was evident when she sang 'Northern Cross' and got even worse after she sang OBELISK. Guessed she practiced to hard!

That was one of my first thoughts watching. She was definitely raspy sounding and even cracked a few times, more than likely from singing too hard and too long in the rehearsals leading up to this show. She was like that almost from the beginning. You can see the look of frustration on her face a few times, poor thing. She also seemed be having trouble with her ear piece, trying to fix it and signaling the sound guy to turn it up.

Hey, thanks for the post! I was dying to get some news/visual of her latest concert in Yokohama! Ani-culture reported the event briefly : - May'n was on a platform strung from a crane some 30 feet in the air and was going around the concert hall. One of the fans noticed that she was holding the railing really tight! (I suppose I would too in that situation : ) ).

She goes gerwalk at 1:40

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__pbN3svZUs&hd=1

Thanks for the video. Her voice sounded normal when she sings at low and mid range pitch. It's only at the higher pitch or when she shouts at the top of her voice that you'll notice the coarseness.

This I believe is the last song of the concert, probably she had time to rest a bit and recovered some of her voice. At her UNITE concert tour, her voice was noticeably coarser after singing Shinjite Miru, but once she had a break and a sip of water, her voice was back to normal.

When she's on the platform, they should put some sort of safety belt to give her some confidence and enable her to use the other hand to wave at her fans when the platform is going around. Bet her fans would have loved that!

Thanks again for the post!

For those who managed to catch it, savour it as the link is no longer available. The videos has been removed fr youtube probably by the order of her company HORIPRO. Anyway, do not despair as the DVD n Blu-ray will be available probably by Oct or Nov.

I was hoping that you guys over in the US gets her full solo concert show. That one is awesome! (we're eagerly waiting for it here) Five/Six songs that she usually gets from Anime expos feels like a teaser, before u know it, it's over. But still ....there might be hope.

Well I guess she heard all your prayers and your heartfelt messages and has come to see all of you in person! So go turn out in numbers for our current MACROSS Ambassador to the world!

I'm feeling a little jealous as you guys get to watch it first and I wish US is not that far away. Otherwise I'll drop in and ROCK with all the rest of you!

Hmm.....look like she has only time to go to the West coast. Guess the East coast will have to wait....a little longer. The venue at Yoshi's, June 23rd seems to be booked by another performer(?)

I already purchased my ticket for the LA concert and the plane ticket to get there. I then realized that a lot of us going, myself included, will be considered Uncle Fans. :(:blink:

Music breaks all barriers (Age, language, race etc) In fact that's what May'n is trying to promote. Back when she had her first overseas concert (AFA 2008 Singapore), after seeing the Singapore crowd behaved very much like her home crowd, out of curiosity she asked the organizers whether the crowd knows what's she is singing about.

The answer was : 'Probably No'.

It was then that an idea hatched in her mine and it became the song 'Phonic Nation' (this doesn't refer to a Nation of Hand phones users but the pronunciation found in every language)

To her, it doesn't matter where you come from or who u are. We can all share the smiles and listen to the same music, under the same skies.

I am leaning towards the show at Yohsi's. I really like the look and feel of the venue more and I have never been to San Fran before so I will be making at vacation out of the trip. It will be a nice break from the Atlanta heat. FYI average temps in SF for June is high 67 and low of 53.

Got a few questions though if anybody is familiar with SF. Been doing a little research and I am hearing you are better off staying at a bed and breakfast than one of the big hotels, if so does anyone have a recomendation? Another thing I am not too sure of is about how long is enough? I am thinking about 4 days not counting travel days, I really hate staying in a city longer than it can hold my attention. I know this is not a travel forum but any help would be appreciated.

Music breaks all barriers (Age, language, race etc) In fact that's what May'n is trying to promote. Back when she had her first overseas concert (AFA 2008 Singapore), after seeing the Singapore crowd behaved very much like her home crowd, out of curiosity she asked the organizers whether the crowd knows what's she is singing about.

The answer was : 'Probably No'.

It was then that an idea hatched in her mine and it became the song 'Phonic Nation' (this doesn't refer to a Nation of Hand phones users but the pronunciation found in every language)

To her, it doesn't matter where you come from or who u are. We can all share the smiles and listen to the same music, under the same skies.

Thanks for that insight VF25-F! I feel much better now jumping onto a plane to flyout to see her. Anybody going to the LA show hit me up, as I am getting a room for 4 days.

Edited by Heron

No problem. I'm a first generation Macross fan. When I was at both her solo concerts, the 1st gen partied with all the other gen and it was damn fun.

In fact, because of Frontier, the latest gen went back to watch the Original Macross! Some non fans got introduced to May'n's music and since they liked it, they got curious as to which anime it came from and ended up watching Frontier and some ended being fans (I didn't know it could work from the other end!)

The way I see it, it's going to be a 2hour plus show (around 20 songs) and she's not going to sing all the songs from her latest album 'HEAT OF THE MOMENT' but a compilation of all her albums (since it's her first time solo concert in the region) and of course songs from Frontier!

Try to listen to her non-Macross songs (some, you;ll immediately like, while others you may only liked it after you see her performed LIVE!) but if you have been keeping track of her, you'll feel right at home. In fact Christina Aguilera told her fans to listen to her music first before coming to her concerts and I would say that's Good advice!

Edited by VF25-F

No problem. I'm a first generation Macross fan. When I was at both her solo concerts, the 1st gen partied with all the other gen and it was damn fun.

In fact, because of Frontier, the latest gen went back to watch the Original Macross! Some non fans got introduced to May'n's music and since they liked it, they got curious as to which anime it came from and ended up watching Frontier and some ended being fans (I didn't know it could work from the other end!)

The way I see it, it's going to be a 2hour plus show (around 20 songs) and she's not going to sing all the songs from her latest album 'HEAT OF THE MOMENT' but a compilation of all her albums (since it's her first time solo concert in the region) and of course songs from Frontier!

Try to listen to her non-Macross songs (some, you;ll immediately like, while others you may only liked it after you see her performed LIVE!) but if you have been keeping track of her, you'll feel right at home. In fact Christina Aguilera told her fans to listen to her music first before coming to her concerts and I would say that's Good advice!

Mari Ijima's concerts are 99% her own work then she sings "Ai Oboete Imasuka" at the end and MAYYYBE youll get a "Tenshi no Enogu" out of her if she feels up to it. Which in turn, I bought her regular CDS and really ended up liking her regular stuff.

Im really interested to see 1st gen and the new community (I guess I could be called 2nd gen? Because I came into the fandom thru Macross 7...or would that be 1st? and rewound and went back to the originals..etc.

Hopefully if anyone from here comes to the SF show we could maybe do a post concert lunch???? Theres a really good noodle house I keep reading about :9

Still looking for people for the SF Show to share roomage with since im coming from Ohio to see the show.