DX VF-25 version 2

ff95gj

Well I went ahead and ordered the alto armor even though I don't have an Alto. I should have an ozma on the way and ordered the super packs for that. Im just really digging the alto armor. Now have to find an Alto in the next couple months.

I will set up the group buy next week.

Just finished ordering the Alto/Ozma super parts, and now I am shipping crap load of stuff for another community. :p

And deadline for armor parts won't be that early (Jan 30th). It will be more likely end of Feb, if not later. <_<

Oh hell I just went ahead and paid.......

How is anime-export? Are they any good/reliable?

Think I'll have to bite the bullet and pre-order the armor set. $140 for armor is quite a bit...

While the armor set looks fantastic, I hope it won't require any double sided tape to stay on, like with the V1. Seeing how the V2's are holding up pretty well so far, here's hoping for the best.

Got my pound of flesh request from HLJ. It was hard getting a pound of flesh into my computer...but I managed... :p

That's about what paying for the Ozma felt like for me, I REALLY, REALLY wish they'd have stuck to the late January release. I thought I had another two weeks, next time I'll take the possibility for an early release into account.

-Kyp

Finally entered the "Being Processed for Shipping" stage. And I just noticed that HLJ updated their shipping prices. Fedex is cheaper than EMS for the 25S? WTF?

Can I change my shipping method in this stage? I just changed it to Fedex but I'm not sure if it will go through in time.

I will set up the group buy next week.

Just finished ordering the Alto/Ozma super parts, and now I am shipping crap load of stuff for another community. :p

And deadline for armor parts won't be that early (Jan 30th). It will be more likely end of Feb, if not later. <_<

Can't wait you know in in!

Tokyo-hunter has the armor parts for pre-order too, and for 9500jpy. Are they a good/reputable store to order from and when do you pay for pre-orders from them? I'd like to have time to save up for it.

Chris

Tokyo-hunter has the armor parts for pre-order too, and for 9500jpy. Are they a good/reputable store to order from and when do you pay for pre-orders from them? I'd like to have time to save up for it.

Chris

Tokyo-hunter is legit. You pay for the item up front and then pay for the shipping separately when it's ready to ship.

Sure....in your mind.

LOL, that was a brilliant moment of mine! :lol:

I replied while downloading pics of the VF-171, and got confused with the earlier post between the RVF-25 with the VF25G.

K, meant the VF-25G is next if by the release pattern of the v1. :p

I almost wish I would have known Yamaro was going to delay the rest of the Mac 7 releases this year. Now I have the cash flow for these, but I am reluctant to over spend necause I missed the pre orders :( I hope bandai does a re issue or maybe I can hold out until yamato gets the license in 10 years lol. If I knew someone in HK who would not rape me on prices I would go that route as I hear they are available around town still in HK. If all else fails, I could spend the money on the OCZ Revo drive 3 x2 240GB.

Edited by Loop

Extremely impressed by the VF-25S and also of the VF-25F. Both are great toys, look fantastic in a all three modes and are easy to transform. Bandai definitely hit a home run this time.

I have a theory that for both Bandai and Yamato, given the increasining complexity/articulation/gimmicks/features/details/accuracy of modern VF toys, it takes both companies at least 2 generations of toys of a particular model to get the bugs worked out......LOL!

Graham

So my question is, and stop me if this has been mentioned before and i think i asked this before at some time, how is Michel's gun supposed to fight with landing gear? I can't remember if it is ever shown sitting in the hanger with the gun and landing gear down. I ask becuase we can pretty much guess that will be the next release with or without superpacks.

Edited by kanedaestes

He means the white part of the head lasers on the v.2 Alto VF-25F are starting to turn yellow. A few people have noticed this happening already.

Graham

Happened to mine not too long after I got it. I suspect it's because the lasers are made from PVC.

Extremely impressed by the VF-25S and also of the VF-25F. Both are great toys, look fantastic in a all three modes and are easy to transform. Bandai definitely hit a home run this time.

I have a theory that for both Bandai and Yamato, given the increasining complexity/articulation/gimmicks/features/details/accuracy of modern VF toys, it takes both companies at least 2 generations of toys of a particular model to get the bugs worked out......LOL!

Graham

Reminds me that there's only one company that knocked it out the park the 1st go around. RIP Takatoku

So my question is, and stop me if this has been mentioned before and i think i asked this before at some time, how is Michel's gun supposed to fight with landing gear? I can't remember if it is ever shown sitting in the hanger with the gun and landing gear down. I ask becuase we can pretty much guess that will be the next release with or without superpacks.

I have a feeling it won't be possible. The sniper rifle is too big, and the landing gear, while lengthened for the regular gunpods, won't be long enough to house the gun underneath.

Graham

That doesn't bode well for the Web Exclusive VF-4... :(

Reminds me that there's only one company that knocked it out the park the 1st go around. RIP Takatoku

That's why I said 'modern toys'. The 1/55 while a great toy for it's time, lacked detail, had minimal articulation by today's standards and big chunky joints. So yes, given it's simplicity is definitely more durable compared with most modern toys. The Bandai 1/65 DX VF-17 is another virtually unbreakable toy, but again, lacks articulation & gimmicks and has big chunky joints............notice a pattern here? :p

LIke many things in life it's a trade-off. The consumer driven trend these days is for toys with a zillion points of articulation, gimmicks up the wazzo, 100% line art accurate sculpt and extreme pose-ability. Unfortunately these features more often than not conflict with the requirement for long-term durability.

Unfortuantely, there's no way of escaping that the more small parts you have and the more joints you have (especially small joints), the greater the chance that something is going to become loose or break sooner or later (probably sooner).

The fact that modern VF toys are now made in a country where the factories have a reputation for less then stellar QC for production and materials doesn't help either (although this is and has been improving in recent years).

But lack of durability aside, do we really want to go back to the days of the Chunky Monkey, with inaccurate sculpts, gunpods that can't attach, no pilots, no missiles, the pose-abilty of a brick and a toy which sorta, kinda, maybe resembles the line art in bad light, if you squint and hold it at a certain angle?

Like I said, it's a trade off.

I think unfortunately, modern transforming VF toys, no matter made by which company should be looked at a lot, but touched infrequently (even then be prepared that your expensive collectors item may crumble and crack even if left untouched on the shelf <_< )

Graham