Macross SpeakerPodCAST

Tochiro

Finally, it's here!

Below is a megaupload link for the first episode of Macross SpeakerPodCAST - a semi-regular podcast where we gather MWers and Macross fans together for a bit of a chat on all things Macross.

This, being Episode 0, is somewhat of a test - the room has an echo, sound levels are still being worked out, Renato manages to melt the mic down on several occasions. It's like that first-run Valk where the leg breaks off when you try to transform it (note: Macros SpeakerPodCAST is not endorsed by Yamato toys in any way^^;) .

So please bear with us as we discuss the 2nd Frontier movie - The Wings of Farewell.

This was actually recorded the weekend after the movie was released - sorry for the delay in getting it posted. We are actually due to record the next podcast tonight, although I have no idea when it will be ready for public consumption as of yet.

Being a Megaupload file, this will probably only be available for the next month or so, but I am hoping to get some sort of dedicated site together for it at some point (anyone interested in hosting these???).

Since this is a discussion of The Wings of Farewell, there ARE spoilers however we have limited all spoilers to the second half of the podcast.

Please note - the non-spoiler discussion ends at the 50minute mark. There is some music in there to separate the spoiler-free/spoilerific sections.

Please feel free to leave any questions, comments, ideas or feedback in this thread - any and all input is welcome!

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5GY37EAT

Most excellent little project you have going on. Am downloading as I type.

And I appreciate that you seem to have clearly marked the spoilers for those of us who have yet to see the movie.

Finally got the chance of checking out the podcast and thought you guys did a good job overall. The echo/sound levels thing was a bit annoying at the beginning but after a while it got a bit better. Still, those that are a bit further away of the mic, have to be aware of the fact and talk a bit louder to compensate a bit.

Content itself was pretty good and it was cool to actually hear the voices behind some of you folks. I liked the little snippets of music you included to punctuate whatever topic iyou were talking about.

Disclaimer> I only heard up until the 50th minute of the podcast in order to avoid spoilers. I'll probably have to wait some very long months to hear the rest :p

Finally got the chance of checking out the podcast and thought you guys did a good job overall. The echo/sound levels thing was a bit annoying at the beginning but after a while it got a bit better. Still, those that are a bit further away of the mic, have to be aware of the fact and talk a bit louder to compensate a bit.

Content itself was pretty good and it was cool to actually hear the voices behind some of you folks. I liked the little snippets of music you included to punctuate whatever topic iyou were talking about.

Disclaimer> I only heard up until the 50th minute of the podcast in order to avoid spoilers. I'll probably have to wait some very long months to hear the rest :p

Thanks for the feedback! Yeah the sound levels appear to have worked out better for the 2nd podcast recording. The problem was also that the noisiest (Im looking at you Renato! lol) people were in front of the mic and the quietest ones werent. Oh well, like I said its a work in progress :-)

I just listened to this and I finally see what you mean. It is pretty bad, sound-wise, so you have to shift the volume every so often.

But of course we are still finding our legs, and any small amount of feedback will really benefit the end product, so please let us hear what you think! Is there anything you guys want us to do?

EDIT - Yeah, I am loud, apparently. I think I've subconsciously got my "lecture" voice on for most of the time, only sometimes slipping into normal conversational voice. :p I'll work on it.

Edited by Renato

I just listened to this and I finally see what you mean. It is pretty bad, sound-wise, so you have to shift the volume every so often.

But of course we are still finding our legs, and any small amount of feedback will really benefit the end product, so please let us hear what you think! Is there anything you guys want us to do?

EDIT - Yeah, I am loud, apparently. I think I've subconsciously got my "lecture" voice on for most of the time, only sometimes slipping into normal conversational voice. :p I'll work on it.

I'm listening to it right now, and it sound good to me Renato. :) Love it so far. When will you guys be doing another one? B))

Just had a chance to listen to it today. Overall, pretty good. Are you guys gonna go live? I've wanted to do a live podcast for awhile now, so since I'm not, hopefully you guys will. The content, in general, was well organized. You guys do seem to sometimes speak over each other, which can detract a bit, but not too bad for a first round go.

I'm listening to it right now, and it sound good to me Renato. :) Love it so far. When will you guys be doing another one? B))

Thanks. We actually recorded one more the day that this one was uploaded, it should be up in the near future.

Just had a chance to listen to it today. Overall, pretty good. Are you guys gonna go live? I've wanted to do a live podcast for awhile now, so since I'm not, hopefully you guys will. The content, in general, was well organized. You guys do seem to sometimes speak over each other, which can detract a bit, but not too bad for a first round go.

To be honest, I'm not sure what the advantage of doing a live cast is, unless we were broadcasting from some event of sorts, and even then the logistics would be a bit of a headache, I imagine. Though if people could suggest raison d'etres and methods of feasibility, I personally would be interested in trying out new things. Can't speak for the others, though.

As for the speaking over each other thing, IIRC the second podcast is much better in terms of that because we are kind of "specialized" in different things so for that episode we basically took turns to report on different topics. I hope it is still interesting and entertaining to listen to, though!

• 3 weeks later...