Chance of a Phalanx AND a Spartan

ff95gj

I am sorry to raise this question again and again; yet when I see that Yamato goes to the length to make the huge and expensive Sound Booster for VF-19, I was wondering if this is Macross love misplaced.

I appreciate for Yamato to make the things fans dream of, and I plan to get the Sound Booster too myself. But given how reluctant Yamato was whenever they are to make new molds, I was thinking which would sell better, a Destroid or a Sound Booster, given that they have the same price range? Isn't that it is a greater risk to make the SB than a Phalanx?

Bottom-line: please give me the Phalanx and the Spartan!

Well, M7 mecha are decidedly more popular over there in Japan since it's relatively more recent/still-in-memory and the japanese-fans are just damn crazy weird about M7, I reckon. :lol:

As much as I like to have a Spartan have a chance, I rather urge Yamato to do the VF-0D Shin instead. :p

I won't argue about a VF-19 versus a Destroid (though I certain would choose the latter without blinking eyes). But isn't it a risky investment to produce the Sound Booster?

My thinking was that if the Sound Booster is an acceptable risk, the Destroids are more doable. I believe. :o

I won't argue about a VF-19 versus a Destroid (though I certain would choose the latter without blinking eyes). But isn't it a risky investment to produce the Sound Booster?

My thinking was that if the Sound Booster is an acceptable risk, the Destroids are more doable. I believe. :o

i think you should email Yamato with that pic of your collection you recently posted and tell them that you've bought almost every damn Macross toy they've ever released starting with the 1/48s and that they do really owe you these 2 Destroids. :)

Edited by m0n5t3r

Agree with Jenius in that they need to do a gimmick, like a figure you only get with the Phalanx or Spartan purchase.

But I would rather see a Yamato chain-base / hanger sections. You get all the versions and you can build the complete hanger...

Agree with Jenius in that they need to do a gimmick, like a figure you only get with the Phalanx or Spartan purchase.

But I would rather see a Yamato chain-base / hanger sections. You get all the versions and you can build the complete hanger...

Each part comes with the purchase of a monthly magazine, collect all 12 months to build the hangar! ^_^

no...

Tomahawk, Phalanx, Defender, Monster; 4 destroids (worth actually making, anyways). :p

well.....I wasn't even going down the 1:60 Monster Road.....we all know THAT is NEVER gonna happen. Even if it did...who could

A. Afford it ...and

B. How many of us have a place for it!

• 2 weeks later...

I would definitely buy both of these if they ever made them. I know this is also a long shot, but if they released a Destroid Cheyenne after releasing the Spartan and Phalanx would you guys buy one?

I would, but I am a completest freak when it comes to the different Macross series toy's from Yamato.

cheyenne-lineart.gif

Edited by Loop

I would definitely buy both of these if they ever made them. I know this is also a long shot, but if they released a Destroid Cheyenne after releasing the Spartan and Phalanx would you guys buy one?

I would, but I am a completest freak when it comes to the different Macross series toy's from Yamato.

cheyenne-lineart.gif

I don't know why you asked. Who wouldn't?

Just to keep the products coming... yamato should just alternate between releasing non-transformable toy and a transformable toy.

I would be dancing with joy if that is true.

Regults and Glaugs may be too large in 1/60, but give us the Battle Suits!

P.S. Actually Regults are not too large.

Edited by ff95gj

P.S. Actually Regults are not too large.

And they can be conveniently crouched down for packing!

Seriously, Even a 1/60 Monster would be doable if they broke it down into a few pieces to keep the packaging reasonable. Get creative with the assembly. All you are paying for is plastic and diecast, it's not like a lot of design would be necessary. I would buy a new home so I would have somewhere to display it! :lol:

I would totally be down for a Cheyenne though to be totally honest, I am pretty convinced the Zero line is dead. I will keep barking up the Spartan and Phalanx tree though!

Did the line sell well? I saw loads being massively discounted. I too hope to complete the destroid set.

No, it did not. Shelf-warmers all the way. That's why they're stuck right now, we would have seen a Phalanx by now otherwise. Th prototypes are done, ready to go, there're just no buyers.

No, it did not. Shelf-warmers all the way. That's why they're stuck right now, we would have seen a Phalanx by now otherwise. Th prototypes are done, ready to go, there're just no buyers.

**sigh**

One thing I like Bandai is that they do not care about mold recycling.

They have multiple Tamashii Web Exclusives every month, most of which are new molds for small runs.

**sigh**

P.S. I understand Yamato lacks the EoS factor. **sigh**

Edited by ff95gj

**sigh**

One thing I like Bandai is that they do not care about mold recycling.

They have multiple Tamashii Web Exclusives every month, most of which are new molds for small runs.

**sigh**

Yeah, I really don't care for everything being an exclusive. In all likelihood, if the Phalanx became an exclusive, I for one would not buy it, so there you go.

P.S. I understand Yamato lacks the EoS factor. **sigh**

OK, I'm usually good with acronyms, but this one has me stumped. What?

"Element of Surprise" perhaps? :unsure:

yeah, they didn't sell well... coz i didn't buy any, even when it was going for 50 bucks a pop.

It's a bit harder to justify spending on them as they're relatively less sexy. I only bought them(albeit at half price) because I love battletech and they're the best representation out there for battlemechs.

It's a bit harder to justify spending on them as they're relatively less sexy. I only bought them(albeit at half price) because I love battletech and they're the best representation out there for battlemechs.

that and it doesn't transform... and i've never really been fond of grunt mechas. i also have limited display space and budget... i'd rather buy another VF even if it's a repaint.