Initial comments/thoughts: -
- The rough Kawamori sketch of the VF-19EF/ES(?) seems to have the extended Leading Edge Root Extensions (LERX) of the VF-19Kai/F/S/P, whereas the CG pic of the VF-19EF seems to show a LERX shaped somewhere between the kinked LERX of the YF-19/VF-19A and the more streamlined extended LERX of the VF-19Kai/F/S/P.
- The VF-19EF/ES(?) sketch seems to lack the vernier ankle ring of the VF-19Kai/F/S/P, but does seem to be an all new type of lower leg, as it also seems not to be the same as the YF-19/VF-19A either.
- Canards in both the sketch and CG pic look smaller than the canards on the YF-19/VF-19A/Kai.
- Nice to see that the wing-root lasers are still present on the CG pic, although I note that on the Kawamori sketch, they seem to be covered with some sort of blanking panel(?).
- The sketch seems to have some sort of auxiliary intake(?) on the LERX, whereas the CG pic does not.
- The vertical tails seem quite small and seem to be positioned somewhere between those of the VF-19kai/F/S/P and the YF-19/VF-19A, i.e. from the CG pic they appear to be spaced outboard as per the VF-19kai/F/S/P, but not as far outboard as we are used to seeing for those models.
- The folding main wing is interesting. A new high-speed mode perhaps?
- The shoulder nacelles are also interesting an appear likely to contain some type of weapon.
- Anyway, nice to see a new 19 variant(s). I wonder who will get the toy rights?