Huh... looks like the promo images for #46 are the atmospheric version of the VF-11C Super Thunderbolt from Operation Stargazer, a joint character sheet for Pixie Team background characters Nene Rora and Raramia Rerenia, and another "Game and Advanced Valkyrie" Extra Sheet with the Milky Dolls and the Feois. #47 seems a bit more interesting, with another "Variable Fighter Development History" sheet (apparently featuring the VF-25 and VF-27) and unless I miss my guess covers the business between Project Super Nova and the "present day". Also mentioned (but not pictured) is a character sheet for "flower girl" and Rex's biker gang (I think, I'm not sure about the last one), and another Sound Force related history sheet...

Chronicle #46:

Mechanic Sheet

* Macross Frontier

* Macross Quarter

* QF-3000E Ghost / SF-3A Lancer II

* Civilian Vehicles

* VF-11 Thunderbolt

* VF-5000 Star Mirage

Character Sheet

* Nene Norra / Raramia Rerenia

* Kinryu

* Mylene Flare Jenius

Timeline Sheet

* Final Battle at the Vajra Homeworld

History Sheet

* Battle at Planet Lux

World Guide Sheet

* The Humanity Seeding Project

Technology Sheet

* Variable Fighter: Varieties of Mission-Specific Equipment [at least, I *think* that's what it says... :unsure: ]

Glossary Sheet

* Maria Velasques Hoyley ~ Milia Fallyna Jenius

Extra Sheet

* Game and Advanced Valkyrie 7: Pheyos Valkyrie, Queadluun Nona, etc.

Everything looked good till I saw this.

* Mylene Flare Jenius

:rolleyes: Are we done yet? Are we done yet? Are we done yet? Are we done yet? Are we done yet? Are we done yet? Are we done yet? Are we done yet?...

Timeline Sheet

* Final Battle at the Vajra Homeworld

They gonna milk this or are we done with the timeline already?

Technology Sheet

* Variale Fighter: Varieties of Mission-Specific Equipment [at least, I *think* that's what it says... :unsure: ]

That's close enough.

Everything looked good till I saw this.

:rolleyes: Are we done yet? Are we done yet? Are we done yet? Are we done yet? Are we done yet? Are we done yet? Are we done yet? Are we done yet?...

Yes, I think this is Dynamite 7, so this is the last time we'll ever get a character sheet on Mylene... One day, you'll look back on this moment fondly.

They gonna milk this or are we done with the timeline already?

I think this is it for Frontier. Dare we hope for DYRL/Macross II timelines...?

Chronicle #46:

Let's cross our fingers and hope for the best, eh?

Mechanic Sheet

* Macross Frontier

* Macross Quarter

* Civilian Vehicles

* VF-11 Thunderbolt

* VF-5000 Star Mirage

Well, I'm definitely looking forward to the Macross Frontier mechanic sheet, I can't say any of the other stuff stirs my interest... especially not the Macross Quarter and the VF-5000.

Character Sheet

* Nene Norra / Raramia Rerenia

* Kinryu

* Mylene Flare Jenius

Honestly, there ought to be a rule that they can only print dedicated character sheets for people who actually had some kind of characterization or relevance to the plot... shallow stocks like Nanase, Nene, and Raramia belong crammed into Extra Reports or on "People of <BLANK>" sheets.

World Guide Sheet

Every time I see one of these, it gets me curious... the more info on the colony program the better.

Technology Sheet

* Variable Fighter: Varieties of Mission-Specific Equipment [at least, I *think* that's what it says... :unsure: ]

Equipment to nuke the space whales?

Extra Sheet

Okay Macross Chronicle... NOW you have my attention...

No Azrael... we're NEVER done... Chronicle 47-50 are gonna be 32 pages of Mylene and the VF-1. :p

I think this is it for Frontier. Dare we hope for DYRL/Macross II timelines...?

Somehow, I think that's it for timeline sheets... period. After seeing the incredibly disappointing Metal Siren sheet, I don't think I could stomach seeing a Parallel World continuity Timeline Sheet in all its maddening incompleteness.

Edited by Seto Kaiba

MC #45

wanted to post ASAP but stupid server down times >.<

mechanic

SDFM UN 05a: VF-1D - Minmei in hand! Lineart of removable cockpit, double seats, etc..

SDFM Cit 02a: Civilian Aircraft: fan racer (w/ stats!), Reverse has some lineart of the fanracer that I've either not seen, or missed in the TiA, Gold, Perfect Memory etc. books. Also has the Fokker DVII Replica, and the Howard LH-2000.

M+ UN 04a: Ghost X-9. Stats are limited. >.< Reverse highlights the Super Parts equipment as well as the High-Manoeuvre Missile launcher.

DYRL Zent 02b: Zentraadi Naval Vessels: Heavy Attacker (some size and armament data in the text), Transport craft (length and armament mentioned in text) and Buritai's ship-to-ship shuttle and micron transporter. Also has a brief description of the main Zentraadi ships, as well as the size comparison chart from the Gold Book.

character

SDFM 03b: Roi Fokka: mostly end of the series and flashback stuff. Extra reports on his relationship with Hikaru, and assisting in the development of the Variable Fighters.

M+ Cit 03a: Sharon Apple: movie version character designs are featured a bit more prominently than the OVA ones. Also some new lineart for the Black Box - interesting stuff (new, as in not in the TiA books).

Timeline #53: up to the Macross Quarter and SMS folding away from the M25, and Aruto et al joining the NUNS. Extra reports on the "possibility of a Zero Time Network" and "the VF-171EX and strengthened equipment".

History:

M 02a: UN War: kick-ass painting of the Cheyenne and infantry. Reverse has a timeline of the war/ post arrival of the ASS-1 and pre-SDF-1 Launch Ceremony period.

7 08b the Planet Rakusu Battle: nothing on the destruction of it yet. I expect a B sheet.

worldguide #14a: Idol: nothing unexpected. Though the reverse has an article on the Galaxy Network and Idol(s). Extra reports on "the erased idols" (SDFM and MF) and "Song and Legend*" (Zero).

*scanlation

tech sheet 15a: Dimension weapons: the reverse has some interesting titled subsections (what is heavy quantum? heavy quantum using weapons, dimension eater, and micro dimension eater (includes the VF-27's gun and the VF-171EX's equipment.) The super fold booster is also mentioned, and the Gun Ships used by the Battle class are featured. Extra reports on "heavy quantum using reaction weapons" and "life forms that have dimension weapons" (Protodevlin, mostly).

Glossary #23: noteworthy: micron, micron system, max (M/7, DYRL AND Other! Three versions!), macross attack, Macross Galaxy fleet, Macross Quarter, Macross Frontier, Macross 11, Macross Cannon (M/7/F and II versions!), 4th Macross Class ship "Global", Macross 7, Macross 5 fleet, and Mayan Island.

Songs: Power to the Dream, Heart and Soul

Goods: 09 Pachinko & Pachislot: CR Fever SDFM Macross. Has pictures of the new painted artwork and some of the CG used in the game.

Extra Sheet Game and Advanced Valkyrie #5: front Macross 13. Interesting! Reverse top: VCV-551 Valhalla II. Double interesting! CV-565. Drooling! (quickie scan: able to carry the VB-6 - implication that the Uraga can't?? Refered to as a "stealth carrier". >.<

#46's preview:

Painting of Macross Frontier WITH Macross Quarter (looks like the previous Macross Quarter photoshopped on top.) Mireena Farea Jiinasu. M7D version?

Interested.

* VF-5000 Star Mirage

Another one?!?! I thought it was all covered!

History Sheet

* Battle at Planet Lux

B sheet. Called it in preceeding post.

World Guide Sheet

Interested in this, with a capital Very.

Extra Sheet

Drool, drool, drool.

Wait. The Nona? Yay!

I get:

Variable Fighter & the Variable Craft group of mission specialized specification.

Could it also be about the Variable Patrol craft in M7?

Anyhow, the MF site's news has an image of the VF-5000 sheet: it's transformation.

So is it official that Chronicle is ending at issue 50?

Eh, more or less... thus far there hasn't been any indication that they intend to extend the run of Macross Chronicle beyond the 50 planned issues. Back when they put out the organization guide for getting everything into five binders, they did say something to the effect of five binders fitting "all 50 issues". Just to be safe, I checked the publisher's website, and there's nothing there which indicates an extension at the present time.

I am getting sick of looking at thees little pictures of the articles being posted on this thread is their any place were I can view them close up on line?

Not really, no... most of us here on MacrossWorld had committed to not release any scans from Macross Chronicle until the magazine is out of print. If you want, I can point you to where I get mine, and you can order your own copies. ^_^

If you're just after previews, there are slightly larger preview images of select articles on the publisher's website: http://books.shopro.co.jp/macross/

I am getting sick of looking at thees little pictures of the articles being posted on this thread is their any place were I can view them close up on line?

As Seto said. No scans available anywhere (that I know of). The images posted here come either form the MF News site or MF Blog. You can find some slightly larger pictures also on HLJ.

Chronicle is absolutely worth the cost, even if it's high.

As Seto said. No scans available anywhere (that I know of). The images posted here come either form the MF News site or MF Blog. You can find some slightly larger pictures also on HLJ.

Chronicle is absolutely worth the cost, even if it's high.

I imagine they'll collect most of it into a book or two when the magazine is done, as well. That's what they did with Evangelion Chronicle.

I imagine they'll collect most of it into a book or two when the magazine is done, as well. That's what they did with Evangelion Chronicle.

Did this collection contain all characters and mecha or just a mix of every section? If they are going to release Macross Chronicle books, I hope they leave out all songs and toys material and maybe add something new covering the movie (and the illustrations from the worldguide, history and tech sheets - I hate those holes in the pictures!!).

Back on track, I really don't understand the planning behind the Toys section:

we have Yamato MPlus 1/72 but not the 1/48s? The GNU series, 1/250 series, YF/VF22 and VF1 2.0 1/60 lines are incomplete (just to cite a few). Not to mention the CD and game sections.

Maybe the companies initially sponsorized this publication and thus wanted their latest products featured a lot, but it seems they are rather tiepid now that chronicle is near the end of its run. Who knows. I liked the toys section as many of the latest CG rendered valks (Nora's and Ivanov's, for example) are much more "visually comprehensible" here than in the lineart section.

Did this collection contain all characters and mecha or just a mix of every section? If they are going to release Macross Chronicle books, I hope they leave out all songs and toys material and maybe add something new covering the movie (and the illustrations from the worldguide, history and tech sheets - I hate those holes in the pictures!!).

I don't have the Evangelion Chronicle magazine, so I can't compare...but there are three books. The first one ("Side A") covers episodes 1-13, and has character pages and mecha pages (most of the main characters and Evas get two pages each. i.e, two pages for Shinji, followed by two pages for Eva-01, followed by two pages for Rei, etc.). Then there's a two page timeline and two pages about the Second Impact. After that, we get the "Episode Guide." Two page synopses of each episode, followed by two pages of "Check Points": added material and information. Then it's the "Goods Collection" in the categories of DVDs, CDs, action figures, and garage kits.

The second volume ("Side B") follows much the same organization (including different pages for each of the characters and mecha...just fewer of them than the first book had), except it covers episodes 14-26, and the two movies (no Rebuild information here). The Goods Collection covers character figures, Gashapon, the Soul of Chogokin collection, dolls, "Human-scale figures" (eww...), and "Apparel."

The third book ("Illustrations") is a massive collection of all the original art from the magazine. Since it looks like most of the artists from Eva Chronicle went on to work on Macross Chronicle, you can imagine how good most of it looks.

You can see the books here:

http://www.amazon.co.jp/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?_...amp;x=0&y=0

• 2 weeks later...

Chronicle #47:

Mechanic Sheet

* VF-1A Valkyrie [Dedicated to Azrael, of course]

* City 7 Civilian Vehicles

* Macross 7 Fleet Vehicles

Character Sheet

* Dr. Hasford

* Fire Bomber's Fans

* Hayao Kakizaki

Goods Sheet

* Yamato 1/2000 SDF-1 Macross

Timeline Sheet

* Contact with the Zentradi

History Sheet

* The Sound Buster Operation

World Guide Sheet

* Facilities Aboard the Macross

Technology Sheet

* Variable Fighter - History and Development (4)

Glossary Sheet

* Milia's Ship~Yuuri Yui [who?]

Production Data

* DYRL / FB2012 / Macross II

Chronicle #47:

Mechanic Sheet

* VF-1A Valkyrie [Dedicated to Azrael, of course]

Why thanks..... Now without further ado.... Are we done yet? Are we done yet? Are we done yet? Are we done yet? Are we done yet? Are we done yet? Are we done yet?

Timeline Sheet

Eh? They jumpin' to the MII timeline?

Timeline Sheet

What the...? Is this a corrected sheet, or what?

Eh? They jumpin' to the MII timeline?

Oh god, I hope it isn't... I don't think I could take seeing a Macross II timeline in Chronicle put together in as lame a fashion as the Metal Siren sheet. <_<

For full-on weirdness, the Issue 48 preview on the Macrossf.com blog has worldguide 22... the Mardook.

Edited by Seto Kaiba

I don't think so. We've still got the Elintseeker and the Superostrich, after all.

And maybe a VF1A DYRL B sheet for Max and Hayao :p

Anyway, sum up of the remaining splash pages wishlist (merges guesses from various posters)

- VF0D check Issue 41

- Nousjadeul-Ger TV check Issue 42

- Glaug Single page Issue 42

- VF4 check Issue 43

- Metal Siren check Issue 44

- VF-1D check Issue 45

- Macross 25 check Issue 46

- VF-1A (DYRL) check Issue 47

- Nousjadeul-Ger (DYRL)

- VT1

- VF2JA

- VF9 Unexpected! Issue 44

Seeing a MII worldguide (gorgeous illustration, I hope It's 2 sheets long with a UNSpacy image on the back) gives me hope that there will be also a MII History sheet.

Edited by nexxstrait

contents review #46

Summary: a must have issue. NOW. Go buy it!

Mechanic

F UNS 01A: Battle Frontier. Lots of goodies. Reconfirms that Battle class ships are really 6 seperate ships (or hulls).

F Civ -1b: Macross Quarter: front bridge. Reverse - carrier/ship interior. Some of the stuff seen in the Pash! mag at decent size. Ex: can see a VF-1 next to the Queadluun-Rae in the hanger. Interior hanger deck of the ship featured.

SDFM UNS 16a: QF-3000E Ghost and SF-3A Ransaa II - The Ghost is HUGE! 21.62 m x 9.35 m! Dwarfs the Lancer (13.2 m x 2.65 m). What the ...? The Lancer carries 6 large reaction missiles? Rated at 0.5 kt?! Man... the thing's coming off as a mobile anti-ship turrets. Like the Destroids are mobile anti-aircraft turrets. Extra report on the Spider Bug.

SDFM Civ 03b: civie vehicles. taxi, truck, MBS van, cleaning van, large trailer, various utility vehicles, and an extra report on the vending machine, camera and video phone.

M7 UNS 06b: VF-11C: front: aerospace super parts (content confirms the translation of reverse firing missiles and weapon containers on the engine nacelle parts that I did a couple of years ago.) Reverse: Full Armoured Thunderbolt.

D7 UNS 01c: VF-5000: transformation.

Characters:

F civ 08a: Nene, Raramia, Rerenia. Data is thin. But hey, that's true of all the MF content in MC!

7 uns 02a: Kinryu. Nuff said. ('specially the pict of him with the 2 bridge bunnies on the reverse FTW). Extra report on the Pink Pecker squad.

D7 Civ 02a: Mireena Furea Jiinasu. Extra report on the female producers "Sazapii".

Timeline #54: up to the end of the MF series.

Timeline M7 #08a: Planet Rakusu battle: basically arrival, forced landing and containment. Extra reports on: The Death of a Protodevlin, and the Ruins of Planet Rakusu (that's Protoculture Ruins).

Worldguide #24a: Mankind Seeding Plan: groovy WWII Marine beach invasion shot on the front. Which I think is the MF-style Island Cluster class fleet in the process of colonizing a planet. Great to see boats (navy or otherwise) in Macross. Reverse is about colonization, emigration, etc.. Extra report on the galactic network.

Tech 01L: Variable Attacker for the win! Reverse is all about the tactical use of VE, VA and VB. There's even a cool image of a RVF-171 commanding a flight of VF-171EX, as well as a VB-6 and VA-3 attacking the Vajra/bombing a planet. Double win! Extra reports on the Variable Training Craft VT and DYRL's VE, VT.

Glossary #24: Mariafokina Banroozu, Manfureeto Buranndo, MiG-29, Miho Miho (M7 AND VF-X2 versions!), and Miria Farina-Jiinasu (only SDFM, 7 and Macross M3 versions).

Extra Sheet: G&AV#7: front - Feios Valkyrie FTW. Extra report on Digital Mission VF-X's Milky Dolls. Reverse: Quadluun-Nona (some stats "same as Queadluun-Rau"!, as well as "standard/normal soldier version". Gujakguranvan Vaa (again, some stats), the Rookwaru sub, and Vandaru gunship (last 3 from VF-X2. Q-N from SDFM:DYRL game.)

#47 preview art has:

F###ing sweet Tenjin painting of the VF-1A. (obviously the DYRL version, given the square micro-missile launchers on the wings)

M7's flower girl

M7's variable Patroids (or whatever they're called)

DYRL's Kakizaki

Reverse cover ad: funny Revolvotech spoof of the standard MC/EC cover. Fun.

Edited by sketchley

What the...? Is this a corrected sheet, or what?

No clue. I'm really curious what it could be. Neld Fleet invasion (or whatever it's called) from the 2030/2036 games?

The Production Data: MII had me thinking that it would be an MII themed issue. But after reading the rest (FB2012 & DYRL), I've got the vibe that it's a DYRL/VF-1A/Kakizaki themed one.

Some more tidbits from #46

Re Fieos Valkyrie: 16.25 m x 4.21 m x 14.83 m; 13,560 kg empty. Mach 6.8+ at 10,000 m, mach 26+ at 30,000+ m! Engine, thrust and armaments are "unknown".

Re: Variable Attacker/Bomber: in essence, a VA is the same as a VF, but with a heightened ground attack FCS, capable of carrying more ordinance and a strengthened airframe. Sheet mentions VA-14 (attack version of the VF-14), VB-171 (I think it says it has a longer range than the VA-3), VB-4 and VB-5 (! Both mentioned as having armaments above/higher than the VF-17).

Ah... wish I had the time to translate this, and some of the other pages in the issue, right now. >.<;;;

Wow, so many new goodies. With that massive 21.62 meter size for the original QF-3000E Ghost from SDFM, it makes me wonder if the X-9 GHost from M+ isn't also a really large craft. Perhaps that explains why the X-9 Ghost carries can internally carry such a large missile load, something similar to the speculative size of the craft first guessed by anime52k8 in the size thread.

F UNS 01A: Battle Frontier. Lots of goodies. Reconfirms that Battle class ships are really 6 seperate ships (or hulls).

Or perhaps a better term might be "modules"? Not terribly surprising... arm, arm, leg, leg, core block, gunship. If they're all ships capable of independent action, then I'm waiting for a pinpoint-barrier-rocket-punch.

SDFM UNS 16a: QF-3000E Ghost and SF-3A Ransaa II - The Ghost is HUGE! 21.62 m x 9.35 m! Dwarfs the Lancer (13.2 m x 2.65 m). What the ...? The Lancer carries 6 large reaction missiles? Rated at 0.5 kt?! Man... the thing's coming off as a mobile anti-ship turrets. Like the Destroids are mobile anti-aircraft turrets. Extra report on the Spider Bug.

Hey... if we take the Destroid technology sheet at face value there's already a mobile anti-ship turret... we call it the HWR-00 Mk.II Monster. Still, that certainly explains how they were able to convert a Ghost into a two-man spacecraft around ~2046 (Macross 7 Trash). It's a LOT bigger than I thought it would be. I can't say I'm all that surprised about the Lancer's .5kt reaction munitions... I'm actually surprised the yield wasn't higher given the animation.

Extra Sheet: G&AV#7: front - Feios Valkyrie FTW. Extra report on Digital Mission VF-X's Milky Dolls. Reverse: Quadluun-Nona (some stats "same as Queadluun-Rau"!, as well as "standard/normal soldier version". Gujakguranvan Vaa (again, some stats), the Rookwaru sub, and Vandaru gunship (last 3 from VF-X2. Q-N from SDFM:DYRL game.)

Nice... now that I'm looking forward to.

M7's variable Patroids (or whatever they're called)

Now that'll make Mr March a happy man...

No clue. I'm really curious what it could be. Neld Fleet invasion (or whatever it's called) from the 2030/2036 games?

Me too... though the name makes me think it's unlikely that it could be the Neld fleet incident. It sounds more like they want to either expand upon other Zentradi encounters outside the animated continuity (like the ones in VF-X and M3?). I'd be surprised as hell if, after ignoring the official timeline published by Macross II's creators for something like forty-five issues, they suddeny pull a 180 and reference all the material they've been ignoring. To me, it seems a good deal more likely that, if they're going to cover the Macross II continuity, the timeline sheet(s) for it will be one massive ass-pull.

Edited by Seto Kaiba

Or perhaps a better term might be "modules"?

Uhm, no. The counter is for ships.  See definition 1: http://linear.mv.com/cgi-bin/j-e/sjis/dose...%C7&WC=none

Me too... though the name makes me think it's unlikely that it could be the Neld fleet incident. It sounds more like they want to either expand upon other Zentradi encounters outside the animated continuity (like the ones in VF-X and M3?).

Doubtful.

I'd be surprised as hell if, after ignoring the official timeline published by Macross II's creators for something like forty-five issues, they suddeny pull a 180 and reference all the material they've been ignoring.

But why? MII is a different continuity, and so far the publisher has been following the Studio Nue continuity. I won't be surprised if it's DYRL > games > MII chronology for the remaining 3 issues.