Yamato 1/2000 & 1/3000 DYRL SDF-1

Jefuemon

Just saw this posting from Feb 12, 2010 from Ngee Khiong with the following description:

[Yamato] 1/2000 Complete Transformation Macross SDF-1 Prototype Replica Kit (Sankyo Ver.) from "Macross Do You Remember Love" - Summer release, price TBA.

Does anyone know if Yamato is about to release another version of the already sold out 1/2000 SDF-1 this summer?

see link:

http://ngeekhiong.blogspot.com/2010/02/rio...seups-from.html

post-3663-1270829768_thumb.jpg

post-3663-1270830190_thumb.jpg

Just saw this posting from Feb 12, 2010 from Ngee Khiong with the following description:

[Yamato] 1/2000 Complete Transformation Macross SDF-1 Prototype Replica Kit (Sankyo Ver.) from "Macross Do You Remember Love" - Summer release, price TBA.

Does anyone know if Yamato is about to release another version of the already sold out 1/2000 SDF-1 this summer?

see link:

http://ngeekhiong.blogspot.com/2010/02/rio...seups-from.html

I really hope they make this release available to the masses. Just not as expensive as the first release.

Just wanted to check...is that as in $2,100.00!?!

Sadly that was it range in price, some stores wanted $2300.00. All fingers are crossed something just as nice, but WAY cheaper is released.....

Fingers crossed, not holding my breath though. B))

Sadly that was it range in price, some stores wanted $2300.00. All fingers are crossed something just as nice, but WAY cheaper is released.....

Fingers crossed, not holding my breath though. B))

Yeahhhhhh, that price took it from high-end toy to, "Ludacris speed GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

• 3 weeks later...

No comments yet about this? I would have thought this place would have exploded over this news:

http://ngeekhiong.blogspot.com/2010/04/yam...y-sales-at.html

Yamato is gearing up for the annual Shizuoka Hobby Show 2010, coming up real soon now, with the announcement of several new items to be displayed, as well as a few merchandises to be sold at the event.

The new items to be displayed:

1/2000 SDF-1 Macross Mass Production Ver.

I guess just don't have too much faith that the price will be that affordable....

depends on what exactly they mean by "Mass Production Ver."... but my fingers are crossed too... this is really the only capital ship that i care to have in my collection.

Exactly. It's a wait and see game now.

let see if I save atleast $500 per month I should get up to $2500.00 .... ah who am I kidding I won't have any room for the big thing, I saw how big it is on youtube, please scale it down Yamato.

I'm not mad at the toy for being so expensive...

I'm not mad at Yamato for failing to make this toy more affordable...

I'm not mad at myself for not being rich enough to buy one of these...

I'm just mad at the circumstances which make this toy unfeasible and not being able to be distributed at a more reasonable scale and price...

Let's all hope n pray Yamato might come out with a solution or compromise...

Let's all hope n pray Yamato might come out with a solution or compromise...

i would say the solution should come from Yamato... but the compromise will definitely come from us... or more appropriately, our wallets...

if not for anything else, the 2k++ 1/2000 SDF-1 has conditioned us mentally to prepare for a steep price for whatever a "mass produced" SDF-1 would cost. now, it's either you desperately want one and shell out, or not.

I have my fingers crossed.

+2 :lol:

But only time will tell, I just hope I don't have to sell blood to get it. :lol:

i believe snake meant that it's possible to make a regular release one at around US$200 as Bandai have shown w/ their DX Quarter.

... and an SDF-1 in the same size and price as the DX Quarter is perfectly fine w/ me.

Edited by m0n5t3r

Do we know the Quarter was a huge success? It seems like it never sold out like everything else from Frontier...

Yes, no way we know how well Quarter sell. Not in number anyway.

Sold out? It depends on how many units were being manufactured....

However, as far as reviews go, from many threads and fans. The toy is simply doing very well (with some minor faults). It hiits some sweet points - size, details, price and playability etc. :)

Yes, no way we know how well Quarter sell. Not in number anyway.

Sold out? It depends on how many units were being manufactured....

However, as far as reviews go, from many threads and fans. The toy is simply doing very well (with some minor faults). It hiits some sweet points - size, details, price and playability etc. :)

yup, I own one and so far really satisfied with the overall result...there are minor faults like U say, but easily forgotten.