Yamato 1/60 VF-1 Angelbird and Fan Racer

ff95gj

Given how many 1/48 Angel birds went unsold, this move is not unexpected. I'd love a squad of Angel birds but gotta admit it's the lowest on my list.

Good thinking on their part, though, to include the fan racer. Things like this need to be done. Given that the VF-1 mold from DYL/SDFM TV tends to be repetative, you need more than just the jet to sell it. You should be putting in little unique additions. Like I still think the VT-1 should have had a little tent with Misa, Hikaru and in scale mini mutant fish set. Anything to liven things up.

the VF-1D should have come with a dead Zendradi soldier that could be in a fixed pose, grabbing the Gerwalk's leg.

Little things like that help add both diversity and spice.

Pete

Edited by VFTF1

Given how many 1/48 Angel birds went unsold, this move is not unexpected. I'd love a squad of Angel birds but gotta admit it's the lowest on my list.

Exactly. While a Ranka or Klan Klan doll dressed in a sailor uniform might sale to those who collect figures. A Sailor Suit Valkyrie isn't high on people's list.

I have always presumed that the low sales rate of the AB and most of the other (non-)canon variants later on

was down to fact of being yet-again another A-head Valkyrie.

I think there was like exactly 3 variants with S-head, 5-6(?) J-heads and gazillion A-heads with the 1/48 line.

Yeah considering the sale prices they where offering the AB this year and last I could see why they would want to limit the production run on the 1/60 version. It's a shame though that offers like this exclude us. I really wish for web exclusives they would setup something so we could have a chance as well at them.

Hey ff95gj, in person, does the photograph show darker blue than the one seen on the 1/48? If so it looks great in my eyes!

That photo is from a cheaply printed slip in the 1/48 Kakizaki package; so although it does look darker, I am unsure it's the model's color or the printer's limited palette.

This is going to be the next exclusive item for Macross Chronicle!

1/60 Angelbird + Fan Racer set

Unsure if we are talking about the Fan Racer kit, or this time it's a completed model.

they should make a 1/60 scale fan racer and angel bird

Buy this 1000 limited* Fan Jet model!!!!

* We will improve this design and packaging later and sell it openly.

Yeah Yamato, you want me to buy a 100 limited SDF-1 from you? Go F*ck yourself.

:lol:

This reminds of the opening of SNL last night:

"Will you kiss me?"

"What?"

"Will you kiss me?"

"Kiss you?"

"Yes, because I like to be kissed WHEN SOMEONE IS DOING SEX TO ME!!!!!"

Edited by eriku

:lol:

This reminds of the opening of SNL last night:

"Will you kiss me?"

"What?"

"Will you kiss me?"

"Kiss you?"

"Yes, because I like to be kissed WHEN SOMEONE IS DOING SEX TO ME!!!!!"

Indeed - that whole skit was funny as hell.

But as much as I actually enjoy ALL of my Yamato Macross toys they are really pissing me off with these initially super limited items that are either likely to have mass produced versions later down the line, or are practically impossible to get if you don't live in Japan or you live in an area where you have to import their products.

-b.

* We will improve this design and packaging later and sell it openly.

Damn! I got the 1st fan racer so-called exclusive that came without pilot & a shabby white box that looks like my local post office parcel box. Now Yamato is going to do a normal release with a new Hikaru pilot, design & box?

Calm down boys!!! Don't set the torches :lol:

The posted picture shows another unassembled model kit in runners in a tranlucent box.

Where was it confirmed that it's going to be a painted and assembled mass produced Kit?

It does come with a pilot which my 1st exclusive fan racer didn't, but it's not that a big deal. If in the near future Yamato produces a 1/60 toy out of it (they should do a fan liner too) it's like the 1/60 v2 VF-1 update.

I ordered the missile launch effect armor through a source just 2 weeks ago! Mid next year their will prob be a much improved set released with an accessory kit, or other armor design.

Had I known 'they' were going to start doing this so blatantly I will have held up.

I like the look of the newer, more finished fan racer, but I would be pissed if I forked out for the initial release only to see it come up later.

I'm waiting on everything from here out . . .

I wonder if they are ever going to just make a toy fan jet with a reasonable non-exclusive production run. Lol, they can make a repaint for every character (booya max and millia fanjets, lol)

Edited by RDClip