Wave 1:100 Monster Mk.II

CF18

Since I'm already deep into 1/72 and 1/144 there's no plans for me to step into 1/100

That's my train of thought. Back in the 90's and earlier 2000 there were not that many affordable mecha to collect from. 1/100 would have been my scale of choice but there was not that much available until Mac-plus and 7 came along. Now that things have changed for the better, seems there's plenty of choices on all scales. By now I have settled for 1/72 and 1/144 exclusively.

That's my train of thought. Back in the 90's and earlier 2000 there were not that many affordable mecha to collect from. 1/100 would have been my scale of choice but there was not that much available until Mac-plus and 7 came along. Now that things have changed for the better, seems there's plenty of choices on all scales. By now I have settled for 1/72 and 1/144 exclusively.

I think the 1/100 Monster will be for those that bought the 1/100 bandai kits. It will be a great addition to a lot of people.

Oohh no, not now!

I don't have any more monney for now, please!

I'm only in 1/72 scale, but for this one, I'll make the cacrifice ^_^

By the way, talking 1/72, the pilots at studiostarforge are great, even if it takes some time to come...maybe a monster in 1/72, one day (I'll have to buy more of these guys :lol: )

I scratch built one in 1/100 and YES, this thing will be BIG! The 1/160 kit will not touch this size wise. I love the detail and posability if these proto pictures say anything! It's on my wich list too-always have a spare (even though I build 1/200 mostly). - MT

I'm gonna go a bit kinky for a second and just say...I LOVE THE FEET! The Monster's feet are often captured a little 'off' in 3D but from what we've seen so far this one looks like they've got them just right. Big and curvy. :p

Oh my god. Im so getting this.

But uhh... Why arent the cannons hollowed out?

Probably because the piece on display is a pattern hardcopy, not an actual injection-molded sample.

I'm really pleased with this. Most of my SDFM stuff is either 1/55 or 1/100, so it'll fit in nicely. (If I want something bigger, I'll build the papercraft kit.)

Edited by AcroRay

• 11 months later...

If we could enlarge that kit to 1/72... m152.gif

Well, Senor Salzo did put his project on hold, but I think that his 1/72 may still make a re-appearance for those that missed out on the first run. Barring financial catastrophy I'll be picking up a second one. 1/100 is cool, but the 1/72 is as big as a dog :)

• 2 weeks later...

I still think big is sexy - at least in this case. I'm looking forward to this. I'll just have to buy it for my son so we can build it together - then keep it in my area ;^) - MT