Matt's Hikaru 1/1 scale TV Helm!

ruskiiVFaussie

MAC AUS CON 2010' EXCLUSIVE!

Dreams DO come true! :D

Steve aka General Mayhem of Shadow Dale Creations created this for me, took a while but how GOOD does she look.

Real Helmet insides, working visor (as in it goes up into the helm just like shown on tv opening), strap and padding and light as but extra sturdy.

Yes it needs padding to suit my noggin (i'm alot smaller than the creator) but that won't be a problem, i'll fix that soon enough.

That's means it will be professional padded to suit me, and i've got a nice cozplay outfit in the works, and i will be enterring myself

into the MAC AUS CON 2010' Cosplay Tourney in hope to win OVERDRIVE's perfect replica of SHERYL NOME's Earring! :D yay!

Yes yes, i'll be clean shaven Hikaru that lady man that he is and lose a little of the puppy fat i been meaning to. :p

Behold!

gallery_3118_337_3420.jpg

gallery_3118_337_107619.jpg

gallery_3118_337_49104.jpg

gallery_3118_337_7788.jpg

pic below you can see how my small frame needs some padding around the sides to be snug.

gallery_3118_337_70153.jpg

playing around with the sun lol

gallery_3118_337_6917.jpg

gallery_3118_337_57260.jpg

Please don't distribute these pics around without my consent thanks, otherwise enjoy first on MacrossWorld!

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Steve aka General Mayhem of Shadow Dale Creations created this for me, took a while but how GOOD does she look.

Real Helmet insides, working visor (as in it goes up into the helm just like shown on tv opening), strap and padding and light as but extra sturdy.

Yes it needs padding to suit my noggin (i'm alot smaller than the creator) but that won't be a problem, i'll fix that soon enough.

That's means it will be professional padded to suit me, and i've got a nice cozplay outft in the works, and i will be enterring myself

into the MAC AUS CON 2010' Cosplay Tourney in hope to win OVERDRIVE's perfect replica of SHERYL NOME's Earring! :D yay!

Yes yes, i'll be clean shaven Hikaru that lady man that he is and lose a little of the puppy fat i been meaning to. :p

Behold!

By "behold!" did you mean there would be pictures?

You see, this is like this because I expected pictures when he said pictures...

I implied no disrespect there. If I came off as such, then... Well... It wasn't intentional.

Edited by SchizophrenicMC

who the hell is Dan Mindel? I think i'll leave it at that. :lol:

I did, lol can't you see the arm extended.

:edit: ohh, he's a star trek photo guy, that bad? sorry man a trekkie fan i ain't so i had no clue lol macross fan through and through. :p

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Well, sorry, man. It's just that when someone posts "pictures!" I expect pictures without an edit applied, first!

No disrespect or anything, Aussie! :unsure:

lol just seem rather hasty for no reason :p i did two threads at the same time coz i needed to get the link first.

She's cool mate! Enjoy the pics~! :p There will be more in a while. It's not common for a guy like me to break out and cosplay, as an aussie bloke, we just "don't" lol

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

who the hell is Dan Mindel? I think i'll leave it at that. :lol:

I did, lol can't you see the arm extended.

:edit: ohh, he's a star trek photo guy, that bad? sorry man a trekkie fan i ain't so i had no clue lol macross fan through and through. :p

He's the DP of the new Star Trek movie. He's actually a talented DP -- worked a lot with Tony Scott. Whether you like Tony Scott or not, there's no denying that his films all have strong visuals. But, the point is -- the new star trek film (I'm not a trekkie either, by the way, but I happened to dig the new movie) was notorious for lens flares all over the place. Thus...

hmm. My joke is not as funny if I have to explain it. Ha. I do a lot of work as a camera assistant, so I guess I roll with people who know DPs.

lol, i never knew using the sun effects to pretty/fancy up a photo was looked upon negatively. :lol: oh well! :p

Thanks for dropping in Steve!!!!!

Thanks Vepariga!! :p Just think you'll be able to see it in person next years con! :) So wanted it for this years, but oh well.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

That's a visor?

Oh ok, I was wondering why to me it looked like he was wearing oversized sunglasses.

From that angle it's hard to make out th details. (least on my monitor).

No offense intended, it's spectacular work!

Does he take custom orders? (I bet he'd get a flock)...

lol, i never knew using the sun effects to pretty/fancy up a photo was looked upon negatively. :lol: oh well! :p

Thanks for dropping in Steve!!!!!

Thanks Vepariga!! :p Just think you'll be able to see it in person next years con! :) So wanted it for this years, but oh well.

No, there's nothing negative about the lens flare, man. I actually thought it was an awesome look in Star Trek. They actually were often shining lights into the lens from off-axis through most of the film to add the flares. Adds a certain tension and dynamism. But a lot of people joke that it was over-done.

Wasn't meant to be a dis at all.

Yo Matt! That is totally awesome! You are the envy of many (moreso than already).

Hi mate!! yeah i think it hasn't sunk in enough for the fact i have an actual Hikaru TV helm lol, it really is amazingly done.

Steve will open pre-orders up soon though, i ad to be very patient and i don't think it will be any different for anyone else. :p

LOLOL i cosplayed! :ph34r: Hikaru's a legend.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Yeah. I do plan to accept orders for them in the near future. When originally planned, I had originally taken orders for an initial run. Unfortunately with my partner taking ill I had to shelve the project for a while and ended up issuing refunds. Matt gets the credit for talking me into resurrecting the project so he could be the first to have one. But with the work load as heavy as it is, I'm booked months in advance on just about everything I make, and I don't like keeping board members waiting, even die hard fans like Matt. So you can understand why I'm not in a rush to take orders again just to have people ask for their deposit back because they don't want to wait. It's just not a position I want to put anyone in again.

She's cool Steve, just plan it out first and let the gates open up for mass order.

It's that good guys!!!

Exceptional quality in that helmet! I'd definitely be in for one when he's ready to open up shop. Do you think he will other color schemes? Great grab ruskii!

NICE I've always liked the TV helmet more than the movie ver.

Yeah me too man, i mean, DYRL? is nice and all, but not as iconic (Roy TV helm on Hikaru's coffee table for example), cept i wanted Hikaru's coz he's my Hero awwww. :lol:

I'll be bringing it to Tokyo next year mate! :)

Wow.

The the dedication to fandom shown here is out of control.

I'm never gonna forgive myself for not meeting you guys at the Bris MacrossCon.

You really live it.

Dude, next year!!!

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie