azrael

Welcome to the Macross Frontier News Thread

Previous threads:

News thread I

News thread II

News Thread III

News Thread IV

Notes and Guildlines

• This thread contains spoilers. Don't say we didn't warn you.
  • Please limit your comments to the contents posted in articles, websites, or news reported in this thread. Please keep talk of mecha to the Mecha thread and story or episode talk to the Episode thread. Do not cross post.
  • Please remember to post pics as attachments or use a 3rd party image hosting service. DO NOT link directly to image boards like 2ch's image forum or 4chan.org.
  • This thread is for promotional materials only (magazine articles, commercials, website updates etc.). Please do not post any links to episodes or full soundtracks anywhere in the forum.
Useful websites Translation Tools: Image hosting services

Wow, even when the series is over, there's still enough news to get another news thread filled up!

Just because the show stops doesn't mean there's still stuff coming out for it. Heck, we've got a movie coming our way. And you can bet people will be back in mass when that one comes around.

I guess the OST 3 will include all the remixes and background music we heard as insert songs like the remixed sheryl song when she flew michels VF,

Vajra Aimo full version, all the bobby stuff and all the remixes from the previous singles. Though filling 2 full CDs... maybe the second cd is just karaoke tracks.

Probably not as at least from what's posted at mike_s_6's site, the set has two catalog numbers which indicate 2 CDs. A CD+DVD reelase would have only one catalog number.

I don't think so...the 2002 2CD Macross Song Collection is VICL 61003-4, and (to take the first Japanese CD+DVDs that I grabbed) Heavy Starry Chain by Tommy Heavenly6 is DFCL 1327-8, Enemy by The Brilliant Green DFCL 1410-1, and My Story by Puffy is KSCL 1270-1. So it easily could be a CD with a DVD.

Unlike Renato, however, I hope that it will be a two CD set. So one or the other of us is bound to be disappointed.

This is pretty exciting. I hope the cover art complements the previous two. (I have both and they have complementary inserts and all...) I'm thinking this is super great for Kanno. (Other than Bebop and Escaflowne, how many of her projects have gone to three CDs? )

The Bobby single amuses me greatly.

This is pretty exciting. I hope the cover art complements the previous two. (I have both and they have complementary inserts and all...) I'm thinking this is super great for Kanno. (Other than Bebop and Escaflowne, how many of her projects have gone to three CDs? )

Isn't three CDs fairly common for TV shows...? :unsure:

"Ninjiin loves you ORRREEYEEEEAAAAH!!!" ^_^

Three CDs is fairly common for TV series, and not uncommon for Kanno. Turn A Gundam had three OSTs, and altogether her work on GitS: SAC comprises about six OSTs.

I guess the OST 3 will include all the remixes and background music we heard as insert songs like the remixed sheryl song when she flew michels VF,

Vajra Aimo full version, all the bobby stuff and all the remixes from the previous singles. Though filling 2 full CDs... maybe the second cd is just karaoke tracks.

There are still at least two or three orchestral trackst that were really cool that have to be included on this. PLEESSSEE!!!

Taksraven

Isn't three CDs fairly common for TV shows...? :unsure:

Just depends on the amount of music composed for a show. Cowboy Bebop got three main OST CD's (plus a 4th for the movie), as did Escaflowne, while I think Aquarion only had two. Sometimes it is longer shows that have more material (all the Gits: SAC stuff, Turn A Gundam, etc.). And I think Wolf's Rain only had two OST's as well.

I guess the question with Macross F would be how much material is left to make up a third OST.

-Elektrix

Apparently there's no OST3 coming out, but a vocal collection CD:

ボーカルコレクションアルバム「娘(ニャン)たま♀」 12月3日発売決定!

モンスターサントラ「娘(ニャン)フロ。」「娘(ニャン)トラ☆」の大好評をうけ、

娘たち+αのウタモノばかりを集めた、2枚組みコレクションアルバムを発売致します。

ウタモノ満載だった「娘(ニャン)フロ。」「娘(ニャン)トラ☆」を聴いて下さった方にも

喜んで頂ける内容にすべく、ただいまCD未収録バージョン含めて鋭意選曲中です!

ご期待下さい

☆キラッ

12.3 IN STORES

VOCAL COLLECTION 「娘(ニャン)たま♀」

音楽 菅野よう子

VTCL-60100~101 ¥3,800(TAX IN)

Apparently there's no OST3 coming out, but a vocal collection CD:

ボーカルコレクションアルバム「娘(ニャン)たま♀」 12月3日発売決定!

モンスターサントラ「娘(ニャン)フロ。」「娘(ニャン)トラ☆」の大好評をうけ、

娘たち+αのウタモノばかりを集めた、2枚組みコレクションアルバムを発売致します。

ウタモノ満載だった「娘(ニャン)フロ。」「娘(ニャン)トラ☆」を聴いて下さった方にも

喜んで頂ける内容にすべく、ただいまCD未収録バージョン含めて鋭意選曲中です!

ご期待下さい

☆キラッ

12.3 IN STORES

VOCAL COLLECTION 「娘(ニャン)たま♀」

音楽 菅野よう子

VTCL-60100~101 ¥3,800(TAX IN)

Well, I doubt I'm gonna bother with this if it's just a compilation, I don't care too much about the "special unreleased vesions" they're willing to add, either.. I do want all the BGM from the show, though. Wonder if there will be a 2 CD set of that?

Kresphy:

Thanks for the info, as usual! Though, I really don't understand what the point of re-drawing those scenes are. It's not like they're fixing mistakes anymore... they're just adding stuff for the hell of it? Get to work on the movie, already!

Edited by Renato

Well, I doubt I'm gonna bother with this if it's just a compilation, I don't care too much about the "special unreleased vesions" they're willing to add, either.. I do want all the BGM from the show, though. Wonder if there will be a 2 CD set of that?

Hey, if it's got Sheryl's "Aimo," the duet version of "Infinity," and the Ranka version of "Diamond Crevasse," then I definitely will be picking it up.

I wonder how long it'll be before we get a track listing...

Thanks for the info, as usual! Though, I really don't understand what the point of re-drawing those scenes are. It's not like they're fixing mistakes anymore... they're just adding stuff for the hell of it? Get to work on the movie, already!

I don't know you, but I'm loving the whole reanimation thing here (since it is removing the only perks I had with those episodes: Sheryl looking like Sheryl in the concert scene) Besides, it is a good way to keep the minions at the drawing dungeons at Satelight in good shape for the movie while it is in pre-production, you know.

Edited by Lindem Herz

I'm rather amused by the face fixing because now that I see the fix, I actually want the BlueRays as I do feel like my enjoyment is sometimes ruined when characters go off model in various shows and movies.

I think there are two things -- one is keeping something "on model" but the other is also avoiding the constant comparison of reused sequences. Flipping an image tends to avoid that immediate recognition on part of viewers that they've seen the same movements before. I'm not sure that these two scenes were that egregious to begin with compared to the weird panty episode... it'll be interesting to see what they do about that one when we get to it!

Evil Kawamori. I will probably end up caving in and moving towards the BluRays because thjis kind of stuff enormously bothers me in animated films. (Disney tends to be one of hte biggest culprits in its early 90s of perpetuating off-model drawings in which characters look different scene to scene.)