1020 replies to this topic

#1016 Keith

Keith

Super Dimension Member

• Members
  • 10,154 posts
  • Interests:Oppai!!

Posted 14 May 2014 - 11:22 PM

I think it still works if you bookend the original tartakovsky CW with this series.

#1017 Chewie

Chewie

Bridge Bunny

• Members
  • 1,129 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 12:17 AM

Keith is right. Watch the Tartakovsky series until episode 21, then watch all of TCW then continue at episode 22. Apparently you can even go down to the minute mark on where you'rs supposed to stop. /nerrrrrds

I do feel very strongly that watching TCW in chronological order is important. A lot of people say it's not big deal but it messes with the overall feel of the story if you just power through it on netflix. Especially in S2-early 3 and the first episode of 5 if watched too early. 

My thoughts after finishing it are that with knowing how E3 played out, the S6 Yoda arc didn't fit at all. It makes Yoda look senile and stupid. Everything he saw and experienced through the force, then along comes E3 and he's just as stumped as everyone else about what the hell is going on. It doesn't go well together in that aspect. 

Adding to what's been said: 

Anakin: Still fully believable that he falls easily. Why? He's selfish, proud, egotistical and quick to anger. Palpatine plays off all of those things and he sees his one reason for living die in a vision. Nothing else matters. I could go into EU explanations that make his fall in E3 much more believable but none of that matters anymore. 

Ashoka: I think her ending might have been a "tv getting too far ahead of itself" kind fo thing to be honest. I'd have to look into it, but I bet they had grand plans for something later in the series and that "later" never came. S6 is a clear indicator of that. 

Rex: Left hanging. Wookieepedia basically just has him not part of the 501st anymore. GG WP KTHXBAI. I don't know why, though I haven't really looked into it either.

The clones turning on the Jedi is explained as clear as day. While I don't necessarily like it, it makes a hell of a lot more sense than "they were just following orders." More like "you will do this because you literally have no other choice in the matter since before you were born." 

Episode order guide spoiler'd for size:

Spoiler

Edited by Chewie, 15 May 2014 - 12:19 AM.

#1018 Dynaman

Dynaman

Pineapple Eater

• Members
  • 1,632 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 03:03 AM

The problem with Annakin turning is the same one that existed in Return of the Jedi, Lucas is NOT that good of a writer.  What the Emperer/Palpatine was saying was just not believable enough to turn anyone.  An example of this story (turning to evil) done right is "The Godfather", a little chip here and a little chip there...

#1019 ErikElvis

ErikElvis

Bridge Bunny

• Members
  • 1,010 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 04:54 AM

Im not sure it was so much Anakin having the ability to kill younglings as it was anakin accepting the dark side, for what he though was a necessity, which then allowed him to kill younglings.  If you know what Im saying.   

I mean the only reason he didn't allow mace to kill Palpatine  was for his own selfish reasons and wanting to learn how he can save padme.    

Edited by ErikElvis, 15 May 2014 - 04:57 AM.

#1020 peter

peter

Pineapple Eater

• Members
  • 1,681 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 07:16 AM

Yeah, I have to agree, that his fall was horribly written, and poorly acted out. I tried to find info on what happened to Rex as well, but all I got was he left the 501st.....read somewhere that Cody killed him, but there was nothing official on it.

The Clones and Order 66 was explained, but what I was wondering was what happens to them after? When Fives lost his $hit and wanted to kill Jedi, he also lost his personality momentarily. If the chip in their head works properly, do they stay in that trance-like state for the rest of their lives, or do they revert and get their individual personalities back? If they stay automatons, then there's no worry, no questions, but if they revert, there's going to be a big WTF from the clones, just like Fives experienced after killing squid-head. Yeah, they're supposed to obey orders without question, but we've seen evidence of that not always being true.

The series built up a huge fan base for the Clones themselves, the writers went to the trouble to build them up, give them individual characters, likeable ones too, so to have them all instantly turn into mindless zombies after Order 66 kind of blows.

Watching the Jedi Order was like watching a victim in a horror movie going into a dark basement alone where Freddy Kruger is waiting to cut them up. You know it's going to happen, you scream at the television for them not to go there, but they do anyways and get *ucked, haha!

I can't believe they wasted two whole episodes on Jar Jar in that last season.

Edited by peter, 15 May 2014 - 07:17 AM.

#1021 Dangard Ace

Dangard Ace

Munch munch....mmm....

• 3,195 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 07:07 PM

http://www.starwars....death-on-utapau

http://www.starwars....-of-the-crystal

http://www.starwars....-crystal-crisis

http://www.starwars....el-the-big-bang

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Star Wars, Clone Wars, animated series, Cartoon Network, LucasFilm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users