• Please log in to reply
1020 replies to this topic

#841 miles316

miles316

Bridge Bunny

• Members
  • 1,067 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 05:01 PM

So she is going in to the anti-hero rout than thanks for clarifying that part.

#842 eriku

eriku

SMS Squadron Leader

• Members
  • 4,492 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 08:23 PM

Oh come on, the Jar Jar episodes aren't "that" bad.

I actually quite like the Jar Jar and Padme episodes. I like some variety in my stories.

#843 GMANIFESS

GMANIFESS

Sharon Apple Concert Attendee

• Members
  • 299 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 08:28 PM

Yeah, Padme redeemed & balanced any of the Jar Jar spotlights.

#844 Mog

Mog

Pineapple Eater

• Members
  • 1,975 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 12:36 AM

Getting back to this week's ep, I didn't mind the minor bait-and-switch (with the story focusing solely on Asajj and not the red-faced, horned dude).

If this is how she bows out of the series, I don't mind the ending they gave Asajj.

#845 Seanzilla

Seanzilla

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 05:54 AM

Episode 421: Brothers

The dark warrior Savage Opress is on a quest to find his long-lost brother. Could Darth Maul truly be alive, after more than a decade since his gruesome bisection at the blade of Obi-Wan Kenobi? Savage voyages into the depths of a twisted planet to find whatever became of the fallen Sith Lord.

#846 mechaninac

mechaninac

Alaska Base Survivor

• Members
  • 2,597 posts
  • Interests:Isn't it obvious?...

Posted 10 March 2012 - 08:56 PM

The first of the season finale episodes has done absolutely nothing to make me warm up to the idea of bringing back Darth Maul. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't a bad episode, just kind of pointeless to me.

Spoiler

And somebody call RA Salvatore, this episode's writers totally "borrowed" his Drider concept...

#847 miles316

miles316

Bridge Bunny

• Members
  • 1,067 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 09:46 PM

I want to know how maul survived being cut in half , falling down a very very very deep shaft at the bottom of a massive power plant that Appears to have survived the month long occupation of the city with out much damage. A massively damaged facility might have accounted for maul being taken away by a salvage ship, but that appears not to be the case.

I think we deserve some kind of explanation as to how Maul ended up on a garbage planet with a robot spider legs.

Edited by miles316, 11 March 2012 - 05:08 AM.

#848 Old_Nash

Old_Nash

Global's Pipe Holder

• Members
  • 917 posts
  • Interests:Mechas, singers and a good fight^^

Posted 11 March 2012 - 06:43 AM

I want to know how maul survived being cut in half , falling down a very very very deep shaft at the bottom of a massive power plant that Appears to have survived the month long occupation of the city with out much damage. A massively damaged facility might have accounted for maul being taken away by a salvage ship, but that appears not to be the case.

I think we deserve some kind of explanation as to how Maul ended up on a garbage planet with a robot spider legs.

The more important question is: who brought him the life back and gave the spider legs?

Edited by Old_Nash, 11 March 2012 - 06:43 AM.

#849 miles316

miles316

Bridge Bunny

• Members
  • 1,067 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 07:03 AM

Im sorry for the rant it was either rant or choke to death on the peace of tripe George has tried to force down my throat.

#850 ps99042

ps99042

Skull Leader's Lackey

• Members
  • 473 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 08:31 AM

The explanation to Darth Maul's return is gonna be interesting to say the least. If he was able to survive the death we saw in Episode 1, why couldn't any other fallen Jedi do the same (is the Dark Side really stronger?). I'm expecting to see some kind of reincarnation story from a Marvel comic to explain this.

#851 badboy00z

badboy00z

Pineapple Eater

• Members
  • 1,828 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 07:41 PM

Maybe because he's not human? Are human called humans in the Star Wars universe??

#852 Old_Nash

Old_Nash

Global's Pipe Holder

• Members
  • 917 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 09:19 PM

Maybe because he's not human? Are human called humans in the Star Wars universe??

Not what I know...
They call the human race from the planet what they come or afiliation.
Like Jango Fett and his (clone) son Boba, are Mandalorian (I don't remember now the name of planet where Jango come, I read in the comic from Dark Horse).

#853 Negotiator

Negotiator

Global's Pipe Holder

• Members
  • 730 posts
  • Location:scalper city, CA (half a mile next to frank n sons) >.<

Posted 11 March 2012 - 09:29 PM

Although... Jango was not mandalorian. He only wore their armor. If I recall, the mandalorians were a lil bit upset by that in the clone wars cartoon.

#854 Old_Nash

Old_Nash

Global's Pipe Holder

• Members
  • 917 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 09:35 PM

Jango was a Mandalorian by afiliation.
His origin in the comic, his parents are killed by a rogue Mandalorian faction.
And he are "adopted" by the leader of other faction.

Edited by Old_Nash, 11 March 2012 - 09:36 PM.

#855 Agent ONE

Agent ONE

On Double Secret Probation

• Members
  • 6,560 posts
  • Interests:With as much work as I do, I don't think I have any interests anymore.

Posted 13 March 2012 - 05:45 AM

Just watched the Maul return episode. He was kinda pathetic. Not the guy I remembered. Not a guy who uses the force in any way. I hope they are going somewhere good with this.

#856 Seanzilla

Seanzilla

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 04:23 AM

I wasn't a big fan of the episode. Not liking Maul being alive.. that said, I hope Obi Wan finishes the job. Perhaps taking out both Maul and Savage. Though I can see Ventress getting involved, then her and Obi Wan defeat them.

Too me it seemed like there was too many cut scenes or scenes showing characters "sensing" something sinister. The whole thing with Anakin and Ahsoka was completely pointless. As was the scene with Ventress having a drink with that bounty hunter.

Also I would assume that Maul is no where near as powerful as he once was, seeing as how he would have about half his midiclorian count... right? That and like 12-13 years of no training with the force... Maybe I am overthinking this, but I would hope Maul in a one on one fight with Obi Wan (who defeated Maul as a Padawan) he would just get his ass kicked handidly this time around.

That said season finale:

Episode 422: Revenge

Savage and Maul, no reunited, pursue Obi-Wan Kenobi in search of revenge, and the Jedi Knight finds himself forced to unite with a surprising ally to defend against the deadly siblings.

Here's a preview of Obi Wan vs. Maul:

http://insidetv.ew.c...-rematch-video/

#857 derex3592

derex3592

New Edwards Test Pilot

• Members
  • 2,430 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 08:09 AM

Maul was better when he didn't talk...he said like 3 words in TPM which is WHY he was soooo COOL. Come on---this isn't Days of Our Lives...people (bad guys) should STAY dead.

#858 Negotiator

Negotiator

Global's Pipe Holder

• Members
  • 730 posts
  • Location:scalper city, CA (half a mile next to frank n sons) >.<

Posted 17 March 2012 - 01:08 AM

Just watched the Maul return episode. He was kinda pathetic. Not the guy I remembered. Not a guy who uses the force in any way. I hope they are going somewhere good with this.

I liked that he was pathetic. He got chopped in half, fell down thousands of feet and even bumped his head on the way down, and then got thrown in the trash. I think that would change a man. lol

#859 Mog

Mog

Pineapple Eater

• Members
  • 1,975 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 03:21 AM

Not too shabby of an ep.

Spoiler

Looking back at the whole season, it kinda sucks that we only got one arc really centered on the clones.

Edited by Mog, 20 March 2012 - 06:20 AM.

#860 Old_Nash

Old_Nash

Global's Pipe Holder

• Members
  • 917 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 06:30 AM

Not that he's stupidç
In TPM, he doesn't have much to say, or to say for someone, since most of time, he stay alone.

And besides, actions speak louder than words XD

#861 badboy00z

badboy00z

Pineapple Eater

• Members
  • 1,828 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 07:35 PM

So that last episode was the finale? When does season 5 start?

#862 Keith

Keith

Super Dimension Member

• Members
  • 10,159 posts
  • Interests:Oppai!!

Posted 17 March 2012 - 07:54 PM

Of course Maul is whiny and moody now, as well as crazy and irrational. He lost his nuts, and is essentialy a woman now, makes total sense.

Edited by Keith, 17 March 2012 - 07:56 PM.

#863 Mog

Mog

Pineapple Eater

• Members
  • 1,975 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 08:58 PM

^^LOL :lol:

Guess the reason he didn't off Obi so quickly was because he wanted to talk to Obi about his FEELINGS.

#864 Agent ONE

Agent ONE

• Members
  • 6,560 posts
  • Interests:With as much work as I do, I don't think I have any interests anymore.

Posted 17 March 2012 - 09:43 PM

Awesome episode. I love this show

#865 Black Valkyrie

Black Valkyrie

Galactic Diva

• Members
  • 5,321 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 01:12 AM

It was a bad idea to bring him back.

#866 Agent ONE

Agent ONE

• Members
  • 6,560 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 06:46 AM

its not like they are bringing vader back or anything..

To address how he lived, maybe one's chance of survival is greater if is force sensitive. It would follow the idea of the force. From a taoist (origin of Jedi) perspective, control of energy around you does heal you.

#867 pfunk

pfunk

New Edwards Test Pilot

• Members
  • 2,306 posts
  • Interests:Macross of course

Posted 19 March 2012 - 11:17 AM

Wow, this is ages ago to you guys, but started watching the first episodes of season one and it is a GREAT series. Even the GF got pissed when one of those manta rays (flying through the nebula when Annie took the short cut to get to Grievous's ship) clipped and knocked the head off an R2 unit, she yelled "what the, aw man",, I thought she was sleeping, but she's really into it. the kids are glued to it too. Thanks

#868 GMANIFESS

GMANIFESS

• Members
  • 299 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 02:39 PM

Agreed. It's a damn good show & an excellent addition to the SW universe. Any so called SW fan who can't get past the CGI or the Cartoony designs is really missing out.

Edited by GMANIFESS, 19 March 2012 - 02:40 PM.

#869 Dobber

Dobber

SMS Squadron Leader

• Members
  • 3,357 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 03:15 PM

Yeah, wait till you get to "Landing at point rain" in season 2 One of, if not, the best episode of the series, IMO.

Chris

PS @ GMANIFESS, I'm from Cherry Hill.

Edited by Dobber, 19 March 2012 - 03:16 PM.

#870 Omegablue

Omegablue

Bridge Bunny

• Members
  • 1,243 posts
  • Location:Soul is in Italy. Body in South Africa. Mind on another planet.

Posted 19 March 2012 - 03:22 PM

Of course Maul is whiny and moody now, as well as crazy and irrational. He lost his nuts, and is essentialy a woman now, makes total sense.

WIN! :lol:

Well I noticing a pattern that at towards the end of each season they introduce a new villian, but really never gets any conclusion in the following season.
Also it's annoying how the mini story arcs appear to not follow each other. As if they all got a seperate timeline within each season.

Other than that it really wasn't a great season, and the appearance of Maul salvaged some fanboy fantasies.

#871 David Hingtgen

David Hingtgen

Powerless Mod

• 14,824 posts
  • Interests:Airplanes (especially airliners), trains, warships.

Posted 19 March 2012 - 11:04 PM

I feel slighted that the previous arc (Obi-Wan in disguise) was twice as long as THE RETURN OF MAUL. Of course, all of next season could be about Maul, but probably not. He and Oppress will probably show up at the end of next season for another 2-parter.

#872 Graham

Graham

Sheryl's panties....yum!

• Admin
  • 13,007 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 01:06 AM

I thought this season was far better than season 3, although still needed more clone-based episodes.

I personally liked the General Krell arc the best, although the episode where they fought on speeder bikes with those cool sidecars that could pivot back 90 degrees against Commando Droids was pretty cool.

Graham

#873 Mog

Mog

Pineapple Eater

• Members
  • 1,975 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 06:18 AM

So if one were to summarize this season in a few words, it would be: water fights, Droids "Gump"ing it, Krell, and torture Obi-Wan.

Edited by Mog, 20 March 2012 - 06:25 AM.

#874 Agent ONE

Agent ONE

• Members
  • 6,560 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 06:46 AM

So if one were to summarize this season in a few words, it would be: water fights, Droids "Gump"ing it, Krell, and torture Obi-Wan.

Thats like saying Macross is about a space fight.

#875 Seanzilla

Seanzilla

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 05:09 AM

Finally Season 5 Teaser Trailer:

http://www.starwars....er_trailer.html

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Star Wars, Clone Wars, animated series, Cartoon Network, LucasFilm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users