• Please log in to reply
1013 replies to this topic

#806 Graham

Graham

Sheryl's panties....yum!

• Admin
  • 12,960 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 03:56 PM

Are they taking a break again? Haven't found episode 19 yet.

Graham

#807 Agent ONE

Agent ONE

On Double Secret Probation

• Members
  • 6,461 posts
  • Interests:With as much work as I do, I don't think I have any interests anymore.

Posted 21 February 2012 - 09:46 PM

Comes out on the 24th.

#808 Graham

Graham

Sheryl's panties....yum!

• Admin
  • 12,960 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 10:08 PM

Lazy bastiches, always taking breaks!

Graham

#809 Seanzilla

Seanzilla

Destroid Armour Waxer

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 05:34 AM

Episode 419: Massacre

Count Dooku is determined to have revenge against the Nightsisters of Dathmoir after their betrayal. General Grievous launches an all-out droid attack against the magic-wielding witches, and Mother Talzin and Asajj Ventress lead the defense with all the dark powers at their command.

#810 mechaninac

mechaninac

New Edwards Test Pilot

• Members
  • 2,347 posts
  • Interests:Isn't it obvious?...

Posted 25 February 2012 - 06:52 AM

I find myself thouroughly enjoying any episode featuring Asaj Ventress, her character's journey from Dooku's underling to trajic "heroine" has been one of the true bright spots in Clone Wars.

#811 Negotiator

Negotiator

Global's Pipe Holder

• Members
  • 676 posts
  • Location:scalper city, CA (half a mile next to frank n sons) >.<

Posted 25 February 2012 - 08:00 AM

I love ventress too. So much happened so fast in this ep, so I hope the rest of this story arc is just as compeling.

#812 Mog

Mog

Pineapple Eater

• Members
  • 1,940 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:32 AM

Definitely a solid ep.

Asajj should have remembered that you gotta use Force powers to beat Greivous.

Actually like how the Nightsisters ain't exactly allied with the Sith.

As much as I hope they continue to focus on Asajj's path, I have a sneaking suspicion the focus will continue to move towards a certain horned, tattooed, red fella.

#813 Omegablue

Omegablue

Bridge Bunny

• Members
  • 1,243 posts
  • Location:Soul is in Italy. Body in South Africa. Mind on another planet.

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:38 AM

As much as I hope they continue to focus on Asajj's path, I have a sneaking suspicion the focus will continue to move towards a certain horned, tattooed, red fella.

Yip, it's already shown in the spoiler by the voice actor of this red fella. :P

#814 Old_Nash

Old_Nash

Global's Pipe Holder

• Members
  • 792 posts
  • Interests:Mechas, singers and a good fight^^

Posted 25 February 2012 - 03:49 PM

I want to see Darth Maul again.

#815 mechaninac

mechaninac

New Edwards Test Pilot

• Members
  • 2,347 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 05:26 PM

I want to see Darth Maul again.

Darth Maul, apesar de ter exposição limitada no Phantom Menace, foi o personagem mais memorável dos últimos três filmes. O problema é que, estando morto, a única maneira de têr ele no show teria que ser em um flash back ou como um Fantasma da Força... mas ele não era poderoso o suficiente pra fazer como o Obi-One, Yoda, ou até o Anakin.

[For the non Portuguese readers]

Darth Maul, despite having limited exposure in the Phantom Menace, was the most memorable character in the last three movies. The problem is that, being dead, the only way to have him in the show would be in a flash back or as a Force Ghost... but he wasn't powerful enough to do like Obi-One, Yoda, or even Anakin.

#816 Old_Nash

Old_Nash

Global's Pipe Holder

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 06:11 PM

Darth Maul, apesar de ter exposição limitada no Phantom Menace, foi o personagem mais memorável dos últimos três filmes. O problema é que, estando morto, a única maneira de têr ele no show teria que ser em um flash back ou como um Fantasma da Força... mas ele não era poderoso o suficiente pra fazer como o Obi-One, Yoda, ou até o Anakin.

[For the non Portuguese readers]

Darth Maul, despite having limited exposure in the Phantom Menace, was the most memorable character in the last three movies. The problem is that, being dead, the only way to have him in the show would be in a flash back or as a Force Ghost... but he wasn't powerful enough to do like Obi-One, Yoda, or even Anakin.

He is show the next episode with a cyborg torso.

#817 mechaninac

mechaninac

New Edwards Test Pilot

• Members
  • 2,347 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 09:09 AM

You're right. I stand corrected... it is Darth Maul! At the time I made my reply I had not watched the extended trailer.

I'm not sure I like the idea of bringing Maul back from the dead, specially considering the way he met his end in TPM; but I since bringing the dead back as un-dead has already been stablished as a Dathomirian thing, Palps mentioning Darth Plagueis having the ability of actually restoring life to the dead, and that SW technology can sustain life even to just a brain and some vital organs as a sentient being as evidenced by Grievous, having Maul as an upper torso with droid lower half is within the stablished rules. But I still don't think I like it... it cheapens the climatic ending of TPM's awesome light saber battle (the best of all the prequal movies, IMO). I think it would have been much better if they had made it so that Palpatine, or one of his agents, had smuggled Maul's remains or portions of it off Naboo to extract genetic material from which a clone of Maul could be made and inbued with his memories by means of Dathomirian magic.

I'll have a better idea about how I feel about the whole thing once I've had a chance to watch the episode next Friday; but either way, it should be fun.

#818 Omegablue

Omegablue

Bridge Bunny

• Members
  • 1,243 posts
  • Location:Soul is in Italy. Body in South Africa. Mind on another planet.

Posted 26 February 2012 - 02:19 PM

He was already officially brought back in the comics and novels way before the clone wars animation.

#819 renegadeleader1

renegadeleader1

Bridge Bunny

• Members
  • 1,215 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 09:29 AM

The problem with bring Maul back is it makes Qui Gon dying look incredibly stupid by comparrison. Think about it. Maul gets cut in half, falls down the shaft of a powerplant, smacks off the sides as he goes and survives. Qui Gon gets stabbed once in the gut and dies. Seriously rapper 50 cent has taken worse damage and he ain't dead...yet(as of this typing) :)

#820 Old_Nash

Old_Nash

Global's Pipe Holder

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 06:23 PM

50 cent are a Sith?????
That's NONSENSE!!!!!

#821 miles316

miles316

Global's Pipe Holder

• Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 08:19 PM

Didn't anakin kill asajj in the clone wars miniseries?

#822 Zor Primus

Zor Primus

Global's Pipe Holder

• Members
  • 980 posts
  • Interests:Proving to the world the meaning of life is 42

Posted 29 February 2012 - 06:45 AM

That entire series has be wiped from canon...

#823 miles316

miles316

Global's Pipe Holder

• Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 11:24 AM

That entire series has be wiped from canon...

They gave her a Back story didn't they were slave trader bought her than she got taken in by the Jedi, than her master was killed and she became disaffected with the Jedi and joined Duku.

I keep expecting Her and Duku to make up or the "leaders" of the separatist might make Duku take her back, or give her protection and rank out side of Duku control.

#824 Agent ONE

Agent ONE

• Members
  • 6,461 posts
  • Interests:With as much work as I do, I don't think I have any interests anymore.

Posted 29 February 2012 - 01:16 PM

I expected her and Duku to conspire against Palpatine. The Sith seem to always want to do that kind of thing.

#825 miles316

miles316

Global's Pipe Holder

• Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 03:15 PM

I expected her and Duku to conspire against Palpatine. The Sith seem to always want to do that kind of thing.

I thought the point of Palpatine telling Duku to get rid of Asajj was to try to get rid off Duku and replace him with her. Having Asajj kill Duku and assending to status of sith lord.

#826 Keith

Keith

BOMBA!

• Members
  • 9,990 posts
  • Interests:Oppai!!

Posted 02 March 2012 - 01:22 AM

She fell off a cliff, that hardly equals dead.

#827 Seanzilla

Seanzilla

Destroid Armour Waxer

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 05:17 AM

^ It was a deep cliff, and the look on her face was sheer terror... and she never returned. I look at it as though Anakin killed her in the micro series. Screaming out in rage at the end of the fight and returning to Obi Wan somewhat ashamed at what he had done.

Episode 420: Bounty

An aimless Asajj Ventress joins a team of bounty hunters under the leadership of young Boba Fett. On an alien world, they undertake a dangerous but profitable mission that tests the limits of their skills, and the strength of Asajj's character.

#828 pfunk

pfunk

New Edwards Test Pilot

• Members
  • 2,304 posts
  • Interests:Macross of course

Posted 02 March 2012 - 06:49 AM

Just by reading this thread I went and bought season one,,, thanks guys :P

#829 Agent ONE

Agent ONE

• Members
  • 6,461 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 01:30 PM

Its an awesome show. You won't be disappointed.

#830 pfunk

pfunk

New Edwards Test Pilot

• Members
  • 2,304 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 02:16 PM

Its an awesome show. You won't be disappointed.

I am sure Ill enjoy it, plus the kids are HUGE Star Wars fans,,,, well with the help of me

#831 Keith

Keith

BOMBA!

• Members
  • 9,990 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 02:20 PM

^ It was a deep cliff, and the look on her face was sheer terror... and she never returned. I look at it as though Anakin killed her in the micro series. Screaming out in rage at the end of the fight and returning to Obi Wan somewhat ashamed at what he had done.

Episode 420: Bounty

An aimless Asajj Ventress joins a team of bounty hunters under the leadership of young Boba Fett. On an alien world, they undertake a dangerous but profitable mission that tests the limits of their skills, and the strength of Asajj's character.

No doubt Anakin "thought" he killed her, but assuming that both series are related (which I still do considering they continued with the design style, just with CG), then the immediate next time we see Ventress would be in season 1 when she fought Asoka in that engine room.

#832 Seanzilla

Seanzilla

Destroid Armour Waxer

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 03:52 PM

Actually she made an appearance in the Clone Wars movie which happened before her fight with Ahsoka and Luminara. But even prior to that there was an episode in season one with the traitor clone, that had Ventress. Anakin didn't seem at all suprised or angry of her still being alive. Plus outside of the battle in the trees, the Padawan Anakin mostly dominated her in their fight in the Micro Series. A more powerful Jedi Knight Skywalker has at times had some difficulty to just be even with her. Then there is the HUGE difference with General Grievous. If you consider the micro series a part of this one, that's cool. I just view it as pretty much seperate story/alternate timeline. Kind of like the Frontier series and Movies.

#833 Keith

Keith

BOMBA!

• Members
  • 9,990 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 04:40 PM

To be fair, "everybody" in the microseries was overpowered. What it still has that this series lacks are things like Anakin's ascention from Padowan to Knight, 3PO's gold plating, and come to think of it, anything pre-Knight Anakin related. If you Consider the MS canon, then it makes sense that this series would pick up so much later into the Clone Wars.

#834 David Hingtgen

David Hingtgen

Powerless Mod

• 14,223 posts
  • Interests:Airplanes (especially airliners), trains, warships.

Posted 02 March 2012 - 08:14 PM

Do what I do for a more enjoyable experience:

If the episode promo/intro indicates it will be a JarJar/Padme-centric episode--SKIP IT. Entirely. Trust me on this, others have agreed with this approach. Don't suffer through some slapstick-filled civilian multi-parter just to say you watched every ep, when all you really want to see is more Clone Troopers kicking ass...

#835 Negotiator

Negotiator

Global's Pipe Holder

• Members
  • 676 posts
  • Location:scalper city, CA (half a mile next to frank n sons) >.<

Posted 02 March 2012 - 08:40 PM

So what do you guys think of the latest ep with ventress?

Spoiler

#836 Keith

Keith

BOMBA!

• Members
  • 9,990 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 02:16 AM

Oh come on, the Jar Jar episodes aren't "that" bad.

#837 pfunk

pfunk

New Edwards Test Pilot

• Members
  • 2,304 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 09:45 AM

Those will probably be the ones I let the kids watch while I make NACHOS,,, nachos or Jar Jar,, what do you guys think?

#838 Agent ONE

Agent ONE

• Members
  • 6,461 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 09:47 AM

I never agree with Keith, but I do on this. Jar-Jar is still annoying, but he is toned way down and doesn't have much screen time.

#839 miles316

miles316

Global's Pipe Holder

• Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 03:01 PM

Does what she did in this episode make asajj evil I'm confused?

#840 mechaninac

mechaninac

New Edwards Test Pilot

• Members
  • 2,347 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 04:19 PM

I think the little 'thank you' she receives towards the end, coupled with the whole situation presented before her and how it relates, however slightly, to her own personal history, kind of opened her eyes to new possibilities (it gave me the impression that it made her feel somewhat "noble"... she had a look of peacefull satisfaction watching the centipede mount walk away with its occupants, and blissful optimism walking away from Bosk and the others).

To answer your question, if good or evil are judged by one's deeds then she did good while still looking out for her own self interests, so does that make her good or just not-evil?
Spoiler

Overall, I really enjoyed this Ventress-centric two parter.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users