Macross/Yamato Collectors are Sadomasochists

nugundamII

Ok

Just got my 1/48 YF-19 from HK (Anniversary Edition). So here I think it should not have any problems since this is technically the second run of this toy? I thought I got smart and became Patient! fart ...think Again.

Here is the picture of the front canopy and nose cone which shows a large gap and often will sag in time and having the whole nose cone hang much like the Koeing Monster. THIS IS BULLSHIT. For something that retails very high should not have problems like this. Bandai doesn't have these problems. Neither does Taktomy. With Taktomy's MP line, pretty much their toys are solid. Seriously, and they want to expand and compete with other lines ie REVOLTECH and whatnot. I don't think so.

Also, I wonder what G mans connection is to this company. Talks so highly about them but there work either continues along the same bad quality control pace or its gotten worse. Does he really pass along all this bad publicity to them? Hey Graham ask them if they want my resume!!!! I promise nothing will leave their Chinese factory unless everything is 110% condition and if that means that they don't sell anything oh well you shouldn't be in business if you cannot make a good product. I am sure companies would not last long if this practice of poor QC were applied to some of our societies more needed products ie cars, medicine etc

I was so looking forward to the YF-21 but now....even after waiting for the second release any hope that this company can learn from its mistakes is dashed. I wont make this MISTAKE again with my money!

post-4512-1201846748_thumb.jpg

post-4512-1201846771_thumb.jpg

Ok

Just got my 1/48 YF-19 from HK (Anniversary Edition). So here I think it should not have any problems since this is technically the second run of this toy? I thought I got smart and became Patient! fart ...think Again.

Here is the picture of the front canopy and nose cone which shows a large gap and often will sag in time and having the whole nose cone hang much like the Koeing Monster. THIS IS BULLSHIT. For something that retails very high should not have problems like this. Bandai doesn't have these problems. Neither does Taktomy. With Taktomy's MP line, pretty much their toys are solid. Seriously, and they want to expand and compete with other lines ie REVOLTECH and whatnot. I don't think so.

Also, I wonder what G mans connection is to this company. Talks so highly about them but there work either continues along the same bad quality control pace or its gotten worse. Does he really pass along all this bad publicity to them? Hey Graham ask them if they want my resume!!!! I promise nothing will leave their Chinese factory unless everything is 110% condition and if that means that they don't sell anything oh well you shouldn't be in business if you cannot make a good product. I am sure companies would not last long if this practice of poor QC were applied to some of our societies more needed products ie cars, medicine etc

I was so looking forward to the YF-21 but now....even after waiting for the second release any hope that this company can learn from its mistakes is dashed. I wont make this MISTAKE again with my money!

Dude are you sure fully transformed and placed all the parts in the right order? I thought my YF-19 had the same problem until I realized that it was just wasn't fully tightened or locked in. Try to see if there is anything that your doing wrong. So far I haven't really seen any problems with the 25th anniversary valks besides in the incorrect spelling of a few words.

Wait until this member gets to the part where one has to break the fuselage (a.k.a. "neck") to transform it! :lol: At that point, he might even want to threaten Graham.

hahaha, I'm waiting for another angry rant about how yamato didn't include hands... wait, what's that, you flip them out? lol

Generally it's best to eliminate user error by fiddling with the toy a lot, then posting some questions to see if you're doing it right, before complaining. You'll get elbow nudged and teased a lot less. ;)

And I get that on my YF-19 when I don't put everything back in place in fighter mode. Make sure everything is secure. If it still doesn't hold together, then you probably got the s**t luck of getting a lemon, since overall the QC on the 19 w/fixes appears to have been good.

I have noticed that in a "newby" has serious complaints it isnt taken serious.....If a vet or a Yamato kissass complains, it ok. You guys act like Yamato is great and every other company is lacking and you justify Yamatos poor QC. I dont understand.

Where's the poor QC here? This guy, who's been a registered member for over a year, couldn't figure out how to transform his valk, so he post a hate filled rant.

BTW, there is a civil thread on known yf-19 QC and design issues. And if you had any idea of what you were talking about, you would know that some of us have been very vocal in expressing our displeasure over *actual* yamato QC/design issues.

If anything, the QC on the 25th anniversey YF-19 is near perfect IMO. If transformed correctly, the nose should lock up super-tight.

OC-wise Yamato seem to have been on a bit of a roll recently, with the Nora SV-51 and the 25th anniversery toys being near-flawless (especially Nora). Hopefully, the cannon fodder tan SV-51 and the YF-21 will be just as good.

Graham

I'll still never forgive yamato for my VF-0S that i've never transformed out of fear. Or my Ivanov (although I was aware of the problems before I bought it, I just couldn't resist the best looking fighter of all time. Hell with Nora's hideous paint scheme). But I should be greatful since i gave yamato's up in favor of hasegawa kits. However, the newbie does have one solid point. At 200US a pop this SHOULD not be happening. Taka's MP line is on average 50 to 100 cheaper, and way better quality wise. Even Toynami's been improving their QC with the 1/100 line. Yamato still seems too hit or miss for a company that supposedly puts so much thought into their engineering. I'm glad Bandai's doing the Frontier line. Yamato had their chance, made some great efforts in the 1/48 line, but so so in 1/60 and 1/72. I welcome Bandai's return and if they step up to the plate and actually make what we all KNOW they are capable of (engineering way beyond Yamato's wildest dreams). At risk of pissing people off especially since that yamato banner is up there now, I hope to god Bandai crush Yamato into oblivion. Serves 'em right. 8 years is MORE than enough time to hire a good QC dept.

On another note, while the newbie's post was a little snippy towards G and uncalled for, I feel a little empathy for the guy. I mean, he doesn't know as much as others, and after 200 bucks for a toy he thinks is F'ed up, he's probably pissed. His comments were misdirected and ignorant maybe, but understandable.

Edited by Excillon

I hope to god Bandai crush Yamato into oblivion.

Bandai don't care as much about macross compared to gundam though. Otherwise we'd have seen Perfect grade Valkyries.

Admittedly the toys are expensive for what you get: but so is an overpriced wii, and red ring of death xbox360.

I say give them once more chance.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

I'll still never forgive yamato for my VF-0S that i've never transformed out of fear. Or my Ivanov (although I was aware of the problems before I bought it, I just couldn't resist the best looking fighter of all time.

So you knew about the problems but you bought it anyway and you blame Yamato? That makes no sense at all.

However, the newbie does have one solid point. At 200US a pop this SHOULD not be happening.

Actually, the noob does not have a point. He mistransformed. As far as we know there's nothing wrong with the toy.

lol funny thread.

You would think after collecting these things for a long time, I would at least try fiddling with it??? Yes I have looked at it closely. Not only did I have to use needle nose pliers to get one of the landing gears out, transformed it, played around here and there. The nose cone DOES NOT STAY PUT. It seems everyone that jumped on me here assumed that I did not try to fix the problem!

You would think after collecting these things for a long time, I would at least try fiddling with it??? Yes I have looked at it closely. Not only did I have to use needle nose pliers to get one of the landing gears out, transformed it, played around here and there. The nose cone DOES NOT STAY PUT. It seems everyone that jumped on me here assumed that I did not try to fix the problem!

because it's plain to see, for anyone who's ever owned one, that you didn't transform it correctly from the pictures you posted.

Im talking about the way you guys are basically calling him an idiot because he might have it transformed wrong. Eugimon, you seem to be the board apeface and smartass and Im sure everybody just loves you on here but you need to relax with the smartassery and wannab wittyness. You quote my post but throw in an answer to his, are you once again waiting for me to have replies to jump on me? I really feel sorry for you if you really do “live for this kind of stuff” because it’s a TOY board.